RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Remote Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Remote Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Joy

Henderson KY 42420

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 03:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We would like to install a RTMPM system but have no idea which brand(s) to look at. We have a tag axle so have 8 tires and would like to monitor the toad's tires, too. Can both vehicles be monitored by the same system or do we need one for each vehicle?

See ya' down the road!

Don-SCPO USN Ret.Corpsman
Joy-Ret.Off.Mgr.
Maggie-Chihuahua
Chrissie-Chihuahua
Lucy-Jack/Rat
'06 42' Allegro Bus DP
'06 Saturn Vue

LIFE ISN'T ABOUT HOW TO SURVIVE THE STORM BUT HOW TO DANCE IN THE RAIN.

Devonm2012

TN

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 04:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We recently picked up our new tag axel Dutch Star and had the TST507 system installed at the dealership. Yes, you can do up to 20 tires (I believe) all from the same monitor. Very easy to use.

wallynm

Los Alamos NM

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 04:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As you have been told yes you can find systems that can monitor up to 32 tires. IMHO the best thing you have done is to decide to get them. Research them and decide which one you want. While I have them and I am satisfied my recommendation is of little use as I have only tried the system I have.

Some of the things you need to decide is
1. Do I want them mounted inside on the rim
2. Do I want to monitor temperature and if so what temperature is the device measuring, the air around the valve stem, the rim or whatever.
3. Do I want to be able to replace the battery in each sending unit and if so what does that do to performance.
4. Do I want real time monitoring of the the pressure in each tire.
5. Do I need a repeater so the device will monitor the tire pressure that are the far from the receiving unit
6. If I can not replace the battery can I get replacement units at what cost and how long do they last.
7. If someone tells you mine are best but I have never had any other system then go back to 1. and start over again.

Joy wrote:

We would like to install a RTMPM system but have no idea which brand(s) to look at. We have a tag axle so have 8 tires and would like to monitor the toad's tires, too. Can both vehicles be monitored by the same system or do we need one for each vehicle?

DONATE THAT OLD CELL PHONE TO SUPPORT SOLDIERS click here

Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner Yahoo Group or FCOC Web Page

2002 DSDP 3567 PUSHED BY KITTY KAT

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

bluwtr49

Green Valley, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 04:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One system to definitly look at is the Tire SafeGuard. Not the cheapest perhaps but a very nice system and worth the $$$$.

Dick

2000 40" DP Beaver Patriot Thunder Cat C-12 425 HP, 1550 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

lanerd

Ridgecrest, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 05:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use an older Pressure Pro unit for 10 tires (includes toad) and it only provides pressure readings. The newer units will also provide temperature readings for each tire.

The monitor is remote and requires only 12v to operate (cig lighter outlet). I mounted mine on an adjustable stem removed from a table lamp and bolted to the side of the dash board. I can move the monitor closer to me for easier reading as the monitor is not all that large.

The remote sending units screw onto each tire's valve stem and have an internal battery that is suppose to last 5 years. To replace the remote sending units cost about $35 to $50 each.

Our coach is only 36' long and have no problems receiving the readings from the rear tires of our toad. However, I have heard of people having problems with longer coaches. In that case, a booster unit is required to go in between the sending units and the monitor.

HERE is pressure pro's website. I purchased mine at Quartzsite and received a $150 discount for a total of about $400. They may be a little more than that now.

In my opinion, a TPMS is one, if not the most, important accessory you can purchase for you mh.

Hope this helps

Ron

Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ILS 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

rag-ftw

fort worth

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 05:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ditto the comments about a rating that only includes one trial system.

I have a spreadsheet that was compiled that contains all kinds of info about the different systems available. I used it as an aid when I bought my system. I would be happy to share it with anyone that is interested. (Does anyone know how to attach an excel file to a post on this forum?)
bob g

2004 Travel Supreme 38DS04
2009 Ranger 4X4 Towed
Ready Brake, Tire Minder

wolfe10

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 05:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We also have PressurePro.

I like the fact that is is American made and sold by the company that has been making them for years, NOT by a marketing company that buys from XXX.

Whether you buy theirs or another, a TPMS IS a great safety addition on any coach/toad.

Brett Wolfe
1997 Safari Sahara 3540
EX: 1993 Foretravel 36' U-240

FMCA Forum: www.community.fmca.com/index

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

halibutman214

Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 05:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Let me first say that three of the TPMS systems out there are IDENTICAL except in name. I just bought the Tire Minder for my TT which is one of those three. The overall reviews on it were quite good. The model I bought will monitor 16 tires both air pressure and temp. It was reasonably priced, easy to install, you can change the batteries quite easily and although I've only used it one time for a 250 mile trip I didn't lose the connection once and I do not have a signal booster. I did get an alarm on it about an hour down the road but am not sure what it was for. I was just getting ready to leave when UPS arrived so installed it rather quickly. I think the alarm may have been for over inflation but have yet to read the manual. Good luck on whatever you choose.

2008 Dodge Ram 6.7 Laramie SRW SB
2012 Keystone Passport 26BHWE
2009 Lance 830 with Tent foldout
20' North River Seahawk Boat
2005 Honda VTX1300

Dennis M M

Geneva, IL; Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 07:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Been using Pressure Pro for eight years, monitoring 14 tires now. Works great and I have been very happy with the system.

'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'11 smart fortwo on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

Dune Hauler

Cornell, California

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 09:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just put on TST507 last week, so far system is great and is easy to program.

The Dune Box

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Remote Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS