Open Roads Forum

Print  |  Close

Topic: Creek Side 26RLS by Outdoor RV - Your thoughts...

Posted By: NWnative on 04/14/12 03:56pm

Hello….I am planning to downsize this summer to something that is more practical for our camping needs. I have been looking at the Creek side 26RLS by Outdoor RV Company. These seem to be well built units and are 4 seasons ready. They also appear to have an upgraded suspension, frame, and 15” D Range tires which I really like. Does anyone have any experience with this brand / manufacturer? I have read the info on their website. Just looking for some real world experiences from anyone that owns one of these. Thanks.

2013 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS: Ford E450,V10.
2013 Toyota Tacoma: Double Cab, SB, V6, 4WD, TRD Off Road.
2014 Acura MDX: SH-AWD, Tech Package.

Posted By: SooperDaddy on 04/14/12 05:12pm

The Nash Family (Artic Fox RV folks) started the Ourdoor RV Company by taking over the defunct Fleetwood Factory in La Grande Oregon in 2009...including all the blueprints and designs for the Fleetwood line of trailers.

They brought all of their experience and attention to detail to the new brand. All of their trailers are 4 Season...

RV.Net member "jorge1958" has one, pm him and ask how he likes it. If you go to the search box above and type "Outdoors RV" there are a lot of owners talking about their Outdoors trailers. And a couple of minor complaints.

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

Posted By: kayco53 on 04/14/12 10:19pm

We have a 2011 Creekside 23RKS with the aluminum skin.The trailer came either way.We used it in Nov in snow at -7C and nice and comfortable.
Had some water leakage at the bottom of slide but we had about 3-4 inchs of rain and 100k winds one night.Water blew in along bottom molding of slide. They fix it on the island with a small plastic triangle that stops water from following along the molding and in. They fixed any damage under warranty.Seems like a good unit a few little things not square.But I'am picky .We bought it because of the 4 season package heavier frame and axles.Mattress is so so better than many.The slide has no manual way of operation unless you open underbelly If I need to get in it gets a hatch. Not a light unit 5900# empty.If I did it again I would also check out there back country line looks very similar just a bit cheaper.
Had some neighbors at the rv park and they had a higher end trailer of a different make.They said they were a bit cold.PM if you have any other questions.Yes we would get it again.About 23 days in it since last Halloween. I use this trailer to stay in when working around the province and expect to use it 3 seasons.We get stuck in the odd cold snap in the fall.Had my old Prowler down in -17c that's when we decided on heated underbelly what a difference.

* This post was edited 04/14/12 10:27pm by kayco53 *

2007 GMC 2500hd
2011 Creekside 23RKS

Posted By: Earl E on 04/14/12 11:42pm

I have an Arctic Fox and have found it a very durable, trouble free fifth wheel. I think anything Nash makes will be very good and can't help but think the Outdoors products will be equal in quality.

2007 Northwoods Arctic Fox 32 5S Fifth Wheel used for fulltiming for several years--SOLD
2011 Keystone 23rks Hideout to poke around the smaller parks in the great Southwest
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
Prodigy brake control

Posted By: halibutman214 on 04/14/12 09:31pm

NWnative wrote:

Hello….I am planning to downsize this summer to something that is more practical for our camping needs. I have been looking at the Creek side 26RLS by Outdoor RV Company. These seem to be well built units and are 4 seasons ready. They also appear to have an upgraded suspension, frame, and 15” D Range tires which I really like. Does anyone have any experience with this brand / manufacturer? I have read the info on their website. Just looking for some real world experiences from anyone that owns one of these. Thanks.
Don't know if you would call it real world experience but I had a deal made on one of these which I researched extensively. Seems like a great TT. I then looked at a Keystone Passport 26BHWE and simply could not see the almost $4000 price difference. I see your in Redmond. I know the place in Bend no longer handles the Passport only the Bullet but it would be worth your while to at least take a look at the Passport. They make them in Pendleton so the delivery is only about $300.

2008 Dodge Ram 6.7 Laramie SRW SB
2012 Keystone Passport 26BHWE
2009 Lance 830 with Tent foldout
20' North River Seahawk Boat
2005 Honda VTX1300

Posted By: jmanneff on 04/14/12 10:08pm

We just purchased a creekside 24bh in february and a very happy with it. Other then a couple of minor deals it is an excellent tt. We looked at close to 300 different trailers at different dealers and shows and just couldn't see a different trailer at our price range with the build quality as an outdoors unit. Really for what we spent we were looking all across the western u.s. for a used nash or arctic fox.
hope this helps, if you have any direct questions you can pm me.

Posted By: krev on 04/16/12 08:04am

My brother in law has a Wind River by Outdoor, they are very happy with it. I would think the "Nash" group wouldn't put their name on it if it wasn't decent. I am a little biased though! (see sig!)

1 husband 2 grown kids
2010 F-350 Lariat King Ranch, CC, diesel, short box
2009 Arctic Fox 27T

Posted By: adairlb on 02/05/13 09:54pm

We are in the process of purchasing the Timber Ridge 250RDS. We love the floor plan and were impressed with the fit and finish. We looked at the Arctic Fox 25P, but the weight was too much. In my opinion, the Timber Ridge is just as well built.

Jayco Greyhawk 29GS

Posted By: jamieline on 04/27/12 03:58pm

We bought this model and so far like it very much. Only have been out once with it but have several trips planned. We went from an RVisin TS25S to this trailer and like the additional room.

Posted By: Bataplai on 02/05/13 09:25pm

What did you end up with? DH and I are looking to upgrade this year and the Creek Side 26RLS is on the list. We're also considering similar floor plans by Timber Ridge, Arctic Fox, and Cougar.

Tina and Daryl, CJ and Storm
TV: 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
TT: 2013 Cougar 27RLS
2 kayaks, 15' Canoe, and a 12' Porta Bote

Posted By: ArticFox 676 on 04/15/12 07:26pm

Owned a Keystone Cougar and living in FL the AC never shut off and the trailer was never below 78. Traded it in on and Artic Fox and love the extra insulation. More solid construction and will cool to 72 if you desire. Hot weather is just as hard to camp in as cold.

Posted By: nOsSnakeEyes on 04/16/12 12:21pm

We have been happy with our Outdoors RV Wind River. I like the fact that the frames are built by Northwood and not other companies.

2012 Wind River 230RKS
2003 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax

Posted By: Freedom65 on 04/25/12 09:40pm

We have the Creekside 23 RB. Just returned from a 2 month tour of the US with it. Had few problems. Someone at the factory forgot to put fuzes in the controller for the extra solar panels we had installed. Also had a leak from the water heater in the first few days, but called the factory and they paid for that repair.

Posted By: SteveAE on 04/16/12 07:38am

NWnative,

We originally looked at a similar, smaller, model but went with Komfort instead.
You might want to take a road trip up to La Grande and take the factory tour. If you do this, look at the Artic Fox factory too. You are likely to see differences. Prior to purchasing the Komfort, we visited five manufacturing facilities. Very informative.

Good luck with what every you choose and have fun,
Steve

Posted By: Highbeam on 03/05/13 05:50pm

Love my 2012 Creekside.

2000 F350 diesel SRW

10,000# GVWR EQ trailer
2012 Outdoor RV 26BH at 8200# GVWR

Posted By: Bataplai on 02/06/13 07:58am

adairlb wrote:

We are in the process of purchasing the Timber Ridge 250RDS. We love the floor plan and were impressed with the fit and finish. We looked at the Arctic Fox 25P, but the weight was too much. In my opinion, the Timber Ridge is just as well built.

Last year we were considering the Arctic Fox 25Y, but have decided we want something more like the 27T. Although, the Timber Ridge 250RDS is high on my radar. I haven't seen it in person yet, but the floor plan and pictures look great! My local dealer loves this particular model.

In addition to the A.F. 27T and T.R. 250RDS we're also seriously considering the T.R. 260RLS, C.S. 26RLS, and Cougar 280RLS.

Congrats on your purchase! Happy Camping!!

Print  |  Close