|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
CathyGo

Arizona/Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/12 11:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can hang imitation wasp nests up. Wasps are territorial so most won't approach if they see a nest already there. It doesn't work on honey bees but does work on yellow jackets to some degree.

car2900

Mount Juliet, Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/17/12 03:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I get a small aluminum can and put several moth balls in it, set them on top of my propane cylinders. Seems to have kept the wasp out of my propane compartments. It will keep spider out too. I put them next to the openings where my front jacks come through the bottom of my fifth wheel and seems to have kept the mice out.

2014 Cedar Creek 34 RLSA-7
2011 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax/Allison 6.6, 4x4
B&W Patriot 16K

Wills250psd

walnutcove NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/17/12 04:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know Im not the only one but for the record I hate those daggon yellow jackets. It seems that every year when im bushhoging I run them over and piss them off and the next time around they are waiting on me. I have abandoned the tractor many times but once forgot to turn it off, I had to chase it down and turn it off while slaping them off of me. I usually get stung 5-50 times a year and the later in the year the more nest I seem to find. I hate those dang things. willsyellowjackethateing250psd

pasusan

PA

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/12 04:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

car2900 wrote:

I get a small aluminum can and put several moth balls in it, set them on top of my propane cylinders. Seems to have kept the wasp out of my propane compartments. It will keep spider out too. I put them next to the openings where my front jacks come through the bottom of my fifth wheel and seems to have kept the mice out.
Yeah - I have an open can with mothballs in it in the back of the fridge compartment. been doing that for over 20 years. Hmm, I wonder if I ought to change the mothballs...

Trip Pics

"Are you sleeping.... Can you hear me?" Harry Nilsson

Susan & Ben ~
84 Bronco & 90 Award Classic 23 joined with a Hensley Cub

Jayco254

Eastern Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/12 08:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Last year when I was up on the roof checking the caulking I notice that I have a screen on the fridge vent but it has too big of holes and the wasps just built their nest hanging on the screen. If anyone else is having this problem using window screening sounds like a good idea. And don't get me started on yellow jackets I can be minding my own business and they'll search me out and attack. I'm going to try that trick with the mothballs around the tanks. It didn't work on mice around my tractor, so everytime I put it away I just take a spray bottle ammonia and spray all around and on it, that seems to work so far.

Tom, Kathy, Nikki, & Kelly
Pets: Lady - Texas Heeler, Dinger - Rhodesian Riidgeback Mix
2008 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4 5.4 ci 3.73 gears
2008 Dodge Ram SLT Big Horn 4x4 5.7L Hemi 3.92 gears
2007 Jayco Jayfeather EXP 254
Husky W/D, P-3

Bama bluejay

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/12 11:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a small flying insect that looks like some type of wasp, but much smaller about half the size of a normal wasp. It played havoc with our awning on our previous TT last year. We kept having these awful stains appear that nothing would even begin to touch. While cleaning DH kept seeing this awful material washing out the ends of the awning. Took a closer look, these little insects had packed the awning track full of material that looked like chewing tobacco. Somehow when it rained it caused that mess to release stain and ruined our awning. He noticed one going inside the end of awning one day and that's how we knew he was the problem. Like to know what this little pest is. Can't seem to identify it.

down home

south

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/12 08:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In Mississippi last month we found a big female Black Widow spider in the pedestal.
Just happened I didn't open it so that it could take a bite of me. It scurried down a joint in the box.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS