A month ago I was tying in the 50A autoformer to my incoming power cord in the basement for a semi permanent mount...In my haste to get done, as it was SO terribly uncomfortable working on 6G wires in a tight space, I actually connected the male and female plugs backwards....so when I plugged in the input was actually the output, house voltage was about 104!! When I backfed the current I apparently screwed up the 2 PC Boards that control voltage, and then I was overboosting ALL current on both legs....frequently up to 132V where my Progressive would shut me down!!
I called David, the owner at Hughes and described what a dumba** thing I did...I asked if there were user changable parts I could fix..he realized that just shipping would be over $100 round trip...he sent me a set of relays first, but the original ones were not frozen closed...so I eventually needed new PC Boards...I changed them out and have tested on 20 and 30A service ....all is well so far....still need to check how 50A works with the 2 legs...in 2 weeks...it really isnt hard to change the parts...7 wires to one board and 8 to the other...each relay has 5 connections...hope it keeps working as I now have a really neat theft and waterproof accessory that I really need for the frequent low voltage...
2006 Mountain Aire 43
Short haired wife, long haired daschund and 3 sugar gliders are co-pilots, along with Garmin Nuvi 855
05 Honda Pilot with Air Force One supplemental brake
Blue Ox Aventa II towbar
Whirlpool Residential Fridge !!!