|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> 3950 voltage epic package

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
j sterchi

tenn

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/12 07:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just purchased this toy hauler and so far its not been good bent awning retracting on basement door its in shop to be fixed haven't even got to use it yet.cut place in vinyl in living room 10" long don't really know what to do about that I bet the carpet guy cut it with his blade we never saw it till we got home with it.well going on a mission trip this week and hopefully it will be fixed when i get back the awning wondering if this kind of stuff goes on with others, bad luck i guess

2014 3970 voltage epic 3

joebedford

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/12 07:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I really can't understand what you're trying to say about the awning closing on the basement door???? Punctuation would help.

The cut in the floor may be from a collapsed roller on the slide. I've also heard of people overfilling their fresh water tank to the point that it bulges the floor and the slide slices it when it passes over.

PS: congratulations on the new rig!

Steve76eb

Folsom, CA

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/12 09:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hope things get worked out for you. I was down today looking at a few Voltages at my local dealer. I loved the sales guy. He said these were the best built toy haulers out there. Even better than a custom made Excel. As he was saying that I was opening cabinets and the factory had forgot to screw in one whole side or just missed the studs in the wall they were trying to screw in to. As long as you didn't open the doors and use the cabinets they just might stay on the wall.

Another person has had their Voltage in the shop there for 4 weeks trying to get slide issues resolved. At least the slides don't leak anymore, they just don't want to go in and out too well. There were actually 2 Voltages parked back by the service bay getting work.

I really wanted to like these trailers, but a little voice inside me is telling me to run away quick. He is supposed to be getting a 3200 in next week(which I am looking for) and not sure if I am going to go back and take another look.

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Dually LTZ
2013 Keystone Fuzion 342

aarondeere

Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/21/12 04:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry to hear about your nad luck. Let them get it fixed and see how it goes from there. Other than a few minor problems ours has been good but we've only been in it for 10 nights and a 1000 miles so can't say too much yet. Maybe these will be the only issues you have. Good luck.

Aaron
2010 Dodge 3500
2012 Voltage 3600 Epic

j sterchi

tenn

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/12 06:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well when you open the basement door and you close awning it hits the top of the door and bent and broke awning, you have to make sure door is closed before bring in awning,if you have the 3950 voltage you will find this out very quickly.

j sterchi

tenn

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/12 06:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AS far as cut to vinyl its a cut from a blade i can tell what caused this not watching what your doing.Slide has nothing to do with this or water tanks

joebedford

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/12 07:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

j sterchi wrote:

Well when you open the basement door and you close awning it hits the top of the door and bent and broke awning, you have to make sure door is closed before bring in awning,if you have the 3950 voltage you will find this out very quickly.
I just looked out the house window at my awning where the RV is parked. I don't see how it could hit the basement door but I'll try it when it stops raining.

Course you have an Epic version - they may have "improved" the awning and basement door over my plain old 3950.

mpierce

Scranton, ND

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/21/12 07:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are you calling the garage door the "basement" door?

j sterchi

tenn

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/12 09:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The door where the furnace is storage area to the right of front entrance door.My door opens up really high and when you retract the awning one of the arms hits the top edge of that compartment door.Thats when it broke and bent the arms.

Dave Wilburn

Ogden UT

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/12 04:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'll have to see if my 3905 Epic does that. Either way, its not the factories fault. They will replace the vinyl and it will be OK. That isn't to bad. There will be other things. Its just like buying a brand new house, there will be "punch list" items that the builder needs to fix.

04.5 Ram 3500, '12 Voltage 3905 Epic, 69 baja bug

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> 3950 voltage epic package
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS