|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> ICBC rebates for BC Residents

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Snow River TC

BC Canada summer / Jalisco, Mexico winter

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/12 02:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You are eligible for an insurance rebate form ICBC for the time in Mexico. Here is the info. Moderator, you may want to make this a sticky since a lot of people RV'ing in Mexico are from BC.

Applying for a refund

To apply for a refund, submit these documents to our Customer service department:

a signed letter confirming the dates your vehicle was in a foreign jurisdiction
a photocopy of a foreign insurance policy identifying your vehicle by the VIN, registration or plate number and the dates of coverage, and
proof of entry and exit dates from the other jurisdiction.

Entry and exit dates

Documents accepted to prove entry and exit:

an importation document, such as a Mexican Banjercito Receipt

entry and exit visas
gas receipts from inside the country
camping / accommodation receipts

Note:

Receipts submitted must include either the vehicle VIN, registration number, or licence plate number to be considered as valid proof of entry and exit dates. (A foreign insurance policy does not confirm the vehicle entered into another country or for how long.)
Customer service

Mail your documents to:

Customer service

151 West Esplanade
North Vancouver, B.C. V7M 3H9

Questions?

Call us:

604-661-2800 in the Lower Mainland
1-800-663-3051 from elsewhere in Canada and the U.S.

RonYVickie

Mission, B.C.Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/22/12 10:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Paul - I take to my insurance agent only the following - the Banjercito entry and exit receipts for the TIP's for the truck & trailer. They take copies and submit them to ICBC and the private insurance companies we use for more than basic coverage and they send us refunds. I know they can be done by mailing, but this is much simpler if your agent will do it. RYV

Canadian Rainbirds

Vancouver Island (Winter: Mainland Mexico)

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/12 09:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RonYVickie wrote:

Paul - I take to my insurance agent only the following - the Banjercito entry and exit receipts for the TIP's for the truck & trailer. They take copies and submit them to ICBC and the private insurance companies we use for more than basic coverage and they send us refunds. I know they can be done by mailing, but this is much simpler if your agent will do it. RYV

We do the same. The agents know us well now! For the Motorhome they use the paperwork for the tow car. We also try (not always possible) to have a campground and or fuel receipts each side of the border on the day we cross. ie a load of diesel in Eagle pass one day and a campground receipt in Saltillo the next.

It is very easy using the agent as we have ICBC and private insurance. The cool thing this year, the agent was able to directly apply the refund from the private insurance to a new vehicle we bought just after our return!

jayme

B.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/23/12 08:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We were in the Baja this last winter, and on return, submited our passport(stampted) and Pemex receipt to our insurance agent on our return home. Notification came today from ICBC that a rebate will follow.

pomsplus

Vernon, BC

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/12 08:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have found that I just send all the paper I can and that seems to work. Have a 10 year on the MH and they accept the entry and exit for the toad. Usually don't have receipts for gas or CC but send copies of all toll receipts.

Snow River TC

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/12 07:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK, never thought of that. I use ICBC for collision on my truck as well, so its probably easier just to mail them.

I should note that those only going to Baja & the Sonora free zone need to get as much documentation as possible, in the form of receipts including ATM's, campsite receipts, etc, since they do not have the vehicle permits to use. I had a lot more trouble getting rebated, the year I went to to Baja because of this. They are concerned you may enter Mexico for a few days, go back to the US & then back into Mexico, trying to claim the entire period was in Mexico.

scorpion

Hanmer Ontario Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/24/12 06:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From Ontario. Its been 4 years since we have been to Mexico but have been there 8 or 9 times. The day I crossed into Mexico I would phone my Insurance Co. and tell them what I was doing and the same on the way back. I have my payments spread over 12 months and would get a rebate for the time spent in Mexico. The rebate usually came close to the cost of Mexico insurance.

Scorp

Mexnut

On the road

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/12 11:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Snow River TC wrote:

Anyone from anywhere else in Canada where it is not government insurance get rebates from their insurance companies?

scorpion wrote:

From Ontario. Its been 4 years since we have been to Mexico but have been there 8 or 9 times. The day I crossed into Mexico I would phone my Insurance Co. and tell them what I was doing and the same on the way back. I have my payments spread over 12 months and would get a rebate for the time spent in Mexico. The rebate usually came close to the cost of Mexico insurance.

Scorp

Same here in Alberta. I just call my Insurance Co and tell them when I'm crossing into Mexico and when I'm coming back. They always rebate me for the days I've been in Mexico.
Maybe I'm wrong but I've always assumed this to be the case everywhere.

Snow River TC

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/12 10:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone from anywhere else in Canada where it is not government insurance get rebates from their insurance companies?

Snow River TC

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/12 09:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Monthly payments, that may the key elsewhere. In BC, it does nto matter.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> ICBC rebates for BC Residents
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS