RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Introducing myself.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Introducing myself.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
ruwth

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/12 04:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello Everyone!

I am so new, I don't even have an RV yet. That is not for lack of trying. I have been "shopping" for six months. Just drove 1109 miles to look at an 1999 American Cruiser just to hear myself say, "Thank you for your time but this is not quite what I am looking for."

Quality time with my daughter and granddaughters on that trip made it worth it though.

I also learned some things I did not know.

This is definitely overwhelming.

I live in Oklahoma and for some reason, I am not finding ANY Class B RVs around here. It is scary to purchase something so costly from someone in another state!

Anyway, right now I am going to go have dinner with my five kids -- an early Mother's Day celebration -- and then I plan to come home and click on a bunch of the links I found in one of the FAQ posts for Newbies.

Well wishes would be appreciated!

--------- ruwth

~ ~ ~ ruwth ~ ~ ~

Dave's Wife

Albuquerque, NM- The Land of Enchantment

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/12 06:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Welcome!

It will be great when you do find 'the right one' don't settle! There are plenty out there! Look forward to seeing more about your adventures here!

Sheila aka...

Dave's Wife
2003 29 ft. Holiday Rambler Alumascape 5th wheel
'03 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually
Dave & Me

georgelesley

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/12 07:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry you didn't like the American Cruiser, we just finished a 3600 mile trip in ours, including a bit of your state and would not trade it for anything. I will say that traveling with more than two people in ANY class "B" would be quite a challenge, maybe a small class "C" would suit you better. Maybe try renting a small "C" would help you sort out the possibilities and point out some of the "issues" all rv's have. Good luck!

George & Lesley
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A

Kampinkate

Upstate NY

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/12 07:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Welcome! Good luck with your search and enjoy your family time!

ruwth

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/12 09:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, thank you to everyone for responding to my post. I do want to clarify about the American Cruiser: That particular one was not for me. It had too many issues. However, I have fallen in love with that model. I like the interior of the 2000 and 2001 better than the 1999. Actually, I think that some 1999 have the interior that I like. I am a bit confused because they all seem to have the same model number.

I definitely have decided I want a Class B. In 1993, I took a three month/7000 mile trip in a VW Camper-Van and loved it. The only thing missing was a bathroom. I am chomping at the bit to have that kind of experience again -- and to share it with my grandkids.

I have also decided that I prefer a rear kitchen and bathroom. I was looking at Airstream Interstates and then saw the American Cruiser floorplan and fell in love with it and with the backdoor!

I am not sure how to find out which Class B's have rear kitchen and bathrooms. I am beginning to hate google. It feels as though I am looking for a needle in a haystack. Any suggestions that might make my search easier would be great. I am going to the FAQ post again as soon as I post this message.

I have learned to tell google to show me the newer postings. Sadly, the last couple I have found were sold very quickly. They might have even gotten a better price because they had this old lady waiting on the sidelines if the sale did not go through.

Maybe I wasn't suppose to buy anything until I read through the pointers I will find here.

I am hoping to find something soon. I would like to be able to take a trip in May . . . a trip in my own Class B.

We shall see.

--------- ruwth

robbins1

maine

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/23/12 08:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Welcome and good luck in your search. I experienced a similar situation when looking for a B. Not many around here and those that have them won't part with them. Especially the VWs. Didn't want to travel too far to buy (and everything here is far). Finally found a vintage Xplorer that I'm happy with. Although it was way older than I wanted I've had no problems. Hang in there. Your B is out there. Welcome aboard, enjoy the ride!

~~~ruth~~~

Dave's Wife

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/12 08:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi again,

You said you were frustrated with Google. Have you tried RVtrader or this forums RV sales? That might narrow it down to a more managable size. It might help you narrow your search. Just a suggestion.

Good Luck.

Sheila aka...

ruwth

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/12 09:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi, Ruth (nice name - ) - thanks for your encouraging words.

Sheila, Thanks for your reply. I didn't know there was anywhere on here to buy and sell RVs. In fact, I thought it wasn't allowed.

I am on RVT this morning but I am having some difficulty as I wrote about in this post:

Looking for a Rear Kitchen/Rear Bathroom

-------- ruwth

* This post was last edited 05/01/12 05:17am by ruwth *   View edit history

Dave's Wife

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/12 10:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi again Ruth!
At the top of the page there are several tabs. RV Blog, RV Sales, RV Dealers, Campgrounds, etc The RV Sales is where you would probably want to go! Good Luck!!

Sheila aka...

msmith1199

Central, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/23/12 11:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 35' DP and there's times when I would rather have a class b too. One of these days I want to circumnavigate the country. It's over 10,000 miles of driving. I would much rather do that is a class b versus my DP. It all depends on how you use it and how much comfort you want while doing it when deciding what rv is for you.

2004 National Tropi-Cal T-350, Class A, Triple slide, 330 HP Cat DP.
2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Introducing myself.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS