|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
DammitJim

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/12 01:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have an R-Vision Trail Lite B19 and would like to mount an LCD flat screen TV that I bought a while back (it has VESA mounts). The place where I thought could go is on top of the refrigerator next to the closet, but I can't seem to find any solid wood to attach it to. I thought I could do some kind of reinforcement inside the closet, but it seems that there are to panels of wood: one in the closet and another one on the outside. I say this because there is currently an A/C outlet, 12V outlet and antenna connection on the outside wall, but you can't see any cables on the inside of the closet. What should I do if I want to mount the tv on that wall?
Or how would I go about mounting the TV to an exterior wall?

I have searched the forums, but it seems most people either are able to just reinforce the other side of the wall or their camper already came with a place marked for a TV mount LOL

drenjoey

Gray, Maine

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/12 02:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just installed a flat screen in the rear bedroom, and like you I had two panels of wood (bedroom wall and closet).
I reinforce the closet by cutting a hole in the closet wall using a dremel. I put a plywood to cover the whole wall and where I cut, I doubled it (measure first). I screwed the plywood all around the top and side (there were some 1x1 between the two panels). I then drilled through the two plywoods and attached the mount with bolts and nuts.
You can see some pictures in the mod forum where I posted last week.
In my case, I even had to run the cable under the HTT and bring it up to the bedroom.....the same with electricity.

I can always send you more pictures if you want.

Dre

Dre

wmoses

Houston, Texas, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/23/12 02:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How about a picture of your setup?

Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

DammitJim

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/12 03:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been trying to find one, but I have never taken a picture of the location for the TV. I'll take one the next time I go drop stuff off where I have the HTT parked.

DammitJim

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/12 03:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I found this stock photo online, but this is where I want to put it:

The space above the fridge on the left by where the outlets are. I guess I'll have to make sure I don't cut any wires while I'm at it!

DammitJim

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/12 02:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dre, I saw your posting, but wasn't sure how you did that since the last picture seemed to show the right side of the closet instead of the left. I would greatly appreciate some pictures!!! It seems that I'll have to cut out a square of the wood first, though, huh? I gotta get myself the right tools for that so that I don't leave an ugly hole.

drenjoey

Gray, Maine

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/12 04:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just came back from my HTT where I took a few more pictures. As you can see, there's a 1x1 pine slat all around the wall, which made it easy to screww the plywood.
I first looked at where I was gonna put the mount, and marked where to drill the holes. I then put that full piece of plywood in the closet and screwed it. Next, I drilled through the wall (where I marked it) and the piece of plywood. That gave me the location where to put that spacer. I removed the plywood, cut the wall, screwed the spacer to the plywood and put the whole thing in place. I drilled again so the spacer will have holes for the bolts and put the whole thing together. Looks complicated but it's not.

Hope that can help
Dre

drenjoey

Gray, Maine

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/12 02:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Happy to help. Cut a hole near the top, use a flat head screwdriver and start prying the closet panel. Normally, the panel is held by very long staples.
As for the wall mount, there are thousands on ebay to choose from.

Good luck, and let me know how it went.

DammitJim

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/12 06:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dre, thank you so much for the pictures. They are worth 1000 words! I guess I'll have to see how hard it is to remove the wood panel on the inside of the closet. From what you are saying, you removed the whole panel, then added the reinforcement. Maybe mine has the same 1 x 1's holding it in place and that'll make for an easy job. We'll see when I have time to go to the camper and work on it.
smdallas, thanks for sharing what you did, but I have no reason to spend any more money buying more stuff. The project at hand is to do what I can with what I have.
I also need to find a long arm bracket so that I can have the TV all the way out to the right edge of the fridge and not waste that counter space on top of the fridge.

smdallas

Chatham, NY

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/12 11:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I chose not to cut the wall and found a low profile TV at best buy. The dynex store brand 19" fit perfectly and enough room for a low profile DVD player under it. I used Velcro to secure during transit and I still have the flexibility of setting the TV under the awning for race days! For the kids I used the 12v plug and extended the car DVD players plug for the back bunk so they can use headphones and watch movies all night. They are never interested in local channels anyway.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS