|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Newmar, Monaco, American Coach

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
RayChez

Barstow, Ca. USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/12 08:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hands down American coaches are the best constructed coaches I have seen. Eagle and Heritage are both real good coaches. They both have the Liberty chassis which is second to none. Wish I could afford a new Eagle.

2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2013 Honda CR-V EX
Aventa II
FMCA member

stuartvt

Williston Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/12 07:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you all for your responses. W

Could someone help with what is the best way to determine if he front axle will have an overweight issue?

Thanks,

Stuart

lbligh

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/25/12 11:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Eric,

First, Don't you mean if equipped with a 14.6K front axle, it may have a front axle weight issue and not 15.6K?

It should be noted that American Coach has done some reengineering on the weight distribution on their coaches. One item that really improved the front axle issue with American Coach was moving the fuel tank further back on the chassis, more evenly distributing the weight. In fact, we own a 2012 American Coach with a 14.6K front axle and weighing the coach fully loaded, it has remaining front axle capacity of 1080 lbs and overall capacity remaining of 6860 lbs.

Green D wrote:

stuartvt wrote:

Could someone help with what is the best way to determine if he front axle will have an overweight issue?

Thanks,

Stuart

If it has the 15.6k front axle it will probably be over weight also it should have the 315 front tires on it.
Of course the only sure way is to put it on the scales.
On the 2011 models holding tanks and the fuel tank were moved further to the rear taking the load off the front axle plus it has a 16.6 axle, I have plenty of margin on mine.
I had a 2010 43ft Allegro Bus and it was nose heavy also and only had 295 front tires, had to run max tire pressure not a good thing.

Eric

L. Bligh
2012 American Coach Revolution

Green D

Van,Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/25/12 01:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

L Bligh

You may be correct it might have been a 14.6 in 2008. My 2011 Tradition has a 16.6 now though. My factory weigh in was 6800 on the left front and 6770 on the right front Plenty of room to spare, and yes moving the tanks makes a big difference.
How ya liking the new Rev?

Eric

2011 American Tradition 42p
Silverleaf
Pressure Pro
00 Jeep GC
Honda GL1800
2050SS Bayliner

Green D

Van,Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/25/12 11:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stuartvt wrote:

Thanks,

Stuart

If it has the 15.6k front axle it will probably be over weight also it should have the 315 front tires on it.
Of course the only sure way is to put it on the scales.
On the 2011 models holding tanks and the fuel tank were moved further to the rear taking the load off the front axle plus it has a 16.6 axle, I have plenty of margin on mine.
I had a 2010 43ft Allegro Bus and it was nose heavy also and only had 295 front tires, had to run max tire pressure not a good thing.

Eric

catallison777

West Columbia, South Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/24/12 07:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RayChez wrote:

Hands down American coaches are the best constructed coaches I have seen. Eagle and Heritage are both real good coaches. They both have the Liberty chassis which is second to none. Wish I could afford a new Eagle.

Same Here.

2003 Damon Ultrasport 3873
Onan Quietdiesel 7500
Caterpillar 3126E
Allison Transmission 3000
Honda EU2000i
1992 Jeep Wrangler(Towed 4 Down)

lbligh

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/25/12 03:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Eric,

We love the new Revolution. We have had a couple of delivery issues, but I can safely say that I have NEVER experienced (having owned five motorhomes) better factory service to get the issues resolved.

Safe travels.

Larry

Green D wrote:

L Bligh

You may be correct it might have been a 14.6 in 2008. My 2011 Tradition has a 16.6 now though. My factory weigh in was 6800 on the left front and 6770 on the right front Plenty of room to spare, and yes moving the tanks makes a big difference.
How ya liking the new Rev?

Eric

Green D

Van,Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/25/12 04:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Larry that is great, I have been very impressed when I call in about a question about something. I get my questions answered by the first person and then I get an email with the blue print of what I was asking about without even asking for one.

Eric

FormerBoater

South Florida

View Profile

Posted: 04/25/12 03:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The only thing our coach shares with your list is that it is an American Coach product.

I can only tell you that American Coach treats me like I just bought a new Heritage when I call. Extraordinary customer service.

Ditto for Spartan when I have called.

Looks like you have an excellent short-list....have fun in making your decision!

Dave
1998 American Eagle 40EVS

jafundy

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 04/25/12 06:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Eric
Have you had any problem with your Silverleaf? We have had ours worked on three times and are still getting false readings. Pretty exasperating when you have to continually stop to see if you have a tire going flat.

And I would second or third the guys recommending American Coach. We have owned 5 coaches and love our 2011 American Tradition.

Jan & Dave
2011 American Tradition

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Newmar, Monaco, American Coach
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: