|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Outback Steakhouse - Thumbs Down

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Lady Fitzgerald

Tempe, AZ, USA, Earth

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/12 07:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AstroRig57 wrote:

...I can't believe some of the comments here...especially those who would dare to compare the thin, substandard, cuts of beef at Sizzler to the premium cuts at Outback. There is no comparison.

You are right; there is no comparison. I've never had a bad steak at all the Sizzlers I've eaten at. The one Outback I ate at had a limited menu, the service was poor, and the steak was like shoe leather. I ordered it medium rare and it came to me almost burnt. The shoe sole...er...steak wasn't any thicker than what I get at Sizzler.

Besides being well lubricated, the grease in the onion flower tasted burnt and rancid. I took one bite and that was it.

Maybe the Outback in Tempe is an exception but if a chain can't maintain the same standards at all its restaurants, I'm not going to waste my time trying any of them to see if they are any good or not.

Jeannie

Lady Fitzgerald

Tempe, AZ, USA, Earth

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/12 07:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lwmuddy wrote:

The wife took me to Outback for my birthday, cause they had 2 for 1 deal.
What do you want for a discount steak anyway. Took the rest home, chopped it up and put it in my mac & cheese.

You want GOOD, then put out the money and go to Ruth's Cris and see what good is.
I ate at Ruth's in San Francisco years ago, by my self, spent around $40 for diner, desert and wine and it was Heavenly and mind blowing.

If you need to resole on your hiking boots then Sizzler or Outback is your best bet.JMO.

I ate at the Ruth's Chris in Phoenix once. The food was good and the service was good but not good enough to justify the price and the wait to get in (especially the wait).

Redcatcher70

Beebe, AR

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/12 08:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a franchise operation here in the five state area, (AR, MO, MS, TN, KY) called Colton's Steakhouse. Usually, if and when we want to dine out especially steak, we choose Colton's. Choice of a bowl of Patato Soup or salad, main dishes including various steaks, fish or shrimp, chicken or ribs. Choices of sides and a few desserts. We have never been disappointed at Colton's!!!!! They make the blooming onion or you can get Tanglers, thin rings of onion coated with the onion batter, fried and served with the onion sauce. They are never greasy and taste great. If you are ever in the five state area, find one and try them........

Dave & Pat
1999 Wanderer 230FB
2004 F250, XLT Crew Cab, V10, finally, enough power!
"No kids, no pets, trying to make it to retirement"

Dave E

Mid Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/12 09:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Redcatcher70 wrote:

Another place I dread going to is Olive Garden. Its a "chick" place and I have to go to a couple of times a year just to keep the wife happy, but that is another story about another place..........

one of my favorite places, all the soup and bread sticks you can eat for 7 bucks great and yummy, after half of dozen bread sticks and 3 to 4 bowls of soup in am pleasantly stuffed

If at first you don't succeed--don't try sky diving!!
I'd rather be camping

Liriope

Sun City AZ 85351

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/12 08:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I cannot believe some of the comments about Outback written on this site. Torching Outback while praising Denny's and The Sizzler.

I will close my argument about Outback with the words of Yogi Berra,"Nobody goes there anymore, they are to busy."

amandasgramma

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/12 07:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't eat at Sizzler. I have a sensitivity to MSG ---- Sizzler soaks their meat in meat tenderizer --- which is MSG. A chef at Sizzler admitted to this. They will tell you they don't use MSG, but don't believe them - they just don't know the meat tenderizer IS MSG. A friend of mine went into convulsions at Sizzler after 2 bites of a steak. That's how I know about their "meat tenderizer". I've never had a problem eating Outback's steaks.....

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/12 09:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After watching their latest TV commercial, it makes me want to go eat a steak. They sure do great commercials.
BTW I had a terrific margarita at Outback,.....after I added a shot of tequila. But, I gotta confess, that's the way it is at all restaurants (re margaritas).

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

hotpepperkid

Chino Hills CA

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/12 09:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mowermech wrote:

I'm not at all surprised. IMO, a better meal can be had at nearly any Sizzler!
Without the fake Ausie accent...
Actually, given the choice between Outback and Applebees, I will go to Texas Roadhouse.
But, I would rather go to Denny's or Perkins.
For almost 10 years, I did maintenance on fire bombers, spending most of the time every summer living in motels and eating in restaurants. After a while, they all sort of blend together, and differences are difficult to spot!

Sizzler sucks their steaks are like shoe leather I put them in the class with Denneys. I would rather find a greasey spoon in not so good part of town. We love going to Outback

2000 Ford F-350 SRW 4X4 PSD Jayco Super Lite 29.5RKS (31') 5th wheel 50 gal X-ferflow in the bed tank. Banks big exhaust and Stinger kit.

Engineer9860

Eagle Scout dad

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/12 11:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Redcatcher70 wrote:

We have a franchise operation here in the five state area, (AR, MO, MS, TN, KY) called Colton's Steakhouse. Usually, if and when we want to dine out especially steak, we choose Colton's. Choice of a bowl of Patato Soup or salad, main dishes including various steaks, fish or shrimp, chicken or ribs. Choices of sides and a few desserts. We have never been disappointed at Colton's!!!!! They make the blooming onion or you can get Tanglers, thin rings of onion coated with the onion batter, fried and served with the onion sauce. They are never greasy and taste great. If you are ever in the five state area, find one and try them........

Closest one to me is in Poplar Bluff. I have been wanting to try it.

Texas Roadhouse is a sure bet with me. When I want a steak out we eat at TR.

However, nobody makes a steak as good as I make it myself. We have a beef butchered about once a year. I have as many choice cuts made from it as possible. I then grill my steaks myself, and if it all goes wrong I have no one to blame but myself.

In Memoriam: Liberty Belle

JoeChiOhki

Sauvie Island, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/27/12 11:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Engineer9860 wrote:

Redcatcher70 wrote:

Closest one to me is in Poplar Bluff. I have been wanting to try it.

Texas Roadhouse is a sure bet with me. When I want a steak out we eat at TR.

However, nobody makes a steak as good as I make it myself. We have a beef butchered about once a year. I have as many choice cuts made from it as possible. I then grill my steaks myself, and if it all goes wrong I have no one to blame but myself.

Agreed, I got an old local butcher that still does it all themselves (Beef was still mooing when they brought it in kind of fresh) where I can get real Choice or Prime cuts of beef instead of the doctored Standard/Commercial Grade cuts you get at most groceries stores, Outback Steak house, Denny's, Perkins, and so on (I'd call the stuff at Sizzler somewhere around Utility/Canner grade).

My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express
CB Channel 17 Redneck Express
'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Outback Steakhouse - Thumbs Down
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: