|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Expandable 5 Gallon Water Jugs

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/25/12 05:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The collapsible carrier should last you a few years if lightly used, mine lasted 10 years.
If you get a Fold-A-Carrier get the II with the integrated handle, the red handled model is very hard on the hands.

http://www.relianceproducts.com/products/hydration.html?show_all=true

Animal Planet

St. Croix River Valley

View Profile

Posted: 04/25/12 09:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got it - thanks guys!

2007 Dodge 6.7L Mega Cab CTD
2010 Open Range RT303BHS
Equalizer Hitch
Honda EU3000

mosseater

Dillsburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/25/12 11:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DE88ROX wrote:

Desert Captain wrote:

If you are talking about the collapsable clear plastic jugs don't waste your money. After they have been folded/collapsed a few of times they develop small holes where the plastic is repeatedly bent and leakers are useless. The 7 gallon blue plastic jugs from Wally World seem to hold up pretty well, ours are several years old and holding up nicely.

Ditto! MY blue 5 gallon jug has worked perfect for me the last 15 years. Nice and solid for laying on a picnic table with its own spigot.

This for me, too. I keep a bucket under the spigot to catch the water so the ground doesn't get muddy and use the water to put out the fire when we leave. Nice to be able to wash outside and not have to run inside all the time.

"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

MegaJohn

NW Geogia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/26/12 07:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have 3 collapsible 5gal jugs purchased at a local outdoor sporting goods store (Academy Sports, I think)... I think they were about $5 each.

We've not used them a lot in the 6 months or so we've had them. The first trip out I noticed one had a pinhole where it folds. They're not perfect, but we only need water in them long enough to pump to the TT's FW storage tank. We don't loose too much water from the small hole... and it could probably be patched if needed.

So far they're working okay. They can also be collapsed and stored along with a small marine pump and hoses in one smallish sized plastic tote.

We'll see how they perform long term.

Happy Camping!
John.

Stock 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 MegaCab, 5.9L Cummins, Automatic, 2WD, Dually
- 30' 2006 Pilgrim Interntional travel trailer, dry weight ~7k pounds, GVWR ~9k pounds
- Husky weight distributing hitch, friction anti-sway control, electronic brake controller

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Expandable 5 Gallon Water Jugs
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS