|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Do It Yourself Modifications a...

Open Roads Forum  >  Do It Yourself Modifications and Upgrades (DIY)

> DuoTherm 4 Button Thermostat

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Sez Hoo!

Athens, Ga

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/27/12 08:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For those of us that have the Dometic 4 button thermostat, you can replace the switches for less than $10.00. You can actually take the switches apart, replace the contacts and reassemble. I just ordered my switches from Mouser Electronics, Inc. under p/n PVA10AH2. They were about $1.22 for each switch and then around $5.00 for Priority shipping from the Post Office. I'll let you all know how it works out. I already had one of the switches apart. Doesn't seem like its gonna be a problem. If anyone is thinking about attempting this be aware that there is a very small spring that will pop out when you take the top off.

Steven & Jane
USCG EMC Ret.
Jo (ridgeback on the road)
Lilly Pi(Kitten at large)
1998 Country Coach Intrigue
Athens, Ga

aslakson

Fulltiming in the Lower 48

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/12 09:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I found that a healthy dose of Radio Shack contact cleaner sprayed into the switches did wonders. Did that two years ago, and the thermostat has been working fine ever since.

Let us know how the new switches work out.

al

Fulltiming since Apr 2007 in 2000 Rexhall Aerbus, towing 2012 Honda CRV. 44 of the lower 48 so far.

Sez Hoo!

Athens, Ga

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/01/12 07:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DONE DONE AND DONE!!!!! The switches that I ordered came in yesterday. It took about 5 minutes to replace the defective switch. My fan switch stopped so I couldn't toggle between zone 1 and zone 2, I can now!! The fix was cheap and very very easy. Forget about buying the reconditioned ones. I had one person say he had some for $150.00, others on ebay had them from $155.00 down to $60.00. One guy was reluctant to sell me just a switch but said he would for $15.00. I found a post at www.irv2.com website that listed the manufacturer part number and found a supplier that sold the switches for $1.22 each. I got for switches and priotity shipping for $9.95. The thermostat works like new.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Do It Yourself Modifications and Upgrades (DIY)

> DuoTherm 4 Button Thermostat
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Do It Yourself Modifications a...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS