RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Warning, Discounts *already* included in CW web prices!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Club

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Club

> Warning, Discounts *already* included in CW web prices!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
mlemonis

lincolnshire, IL

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/12 09:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I will answers to all of this be end of week

I am on the road and will do it as soon as I get home

Marcus Lemonis
Chairman and CEO FreedomRoads, Camping World and RVs.com

LTCLarry

Maggie Valley, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/03/12 07:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bsbeedub wrote:

My membership expired two days ago. Why? Same reason as many others: I got the membership in the first place to get the extra PC pricing. Now, every Joe out there gets what I get without the membership. No thanks.
Marcus, this thread is a few days old now and no response from you. Are you not listening any more?

No less than any of the others posting on this thread, and look back at my previous post, I am "not happy" with paying a membership fee to belong to a "group", any group, wherein the only real benefit I receive is to have a card in my wallet that says "member".I would like to hear what Mr. Lemonis position as CEO of CW has to say on the issue. However, I can and will express my disapproval without rancor.

I take offense at what IMO is the rude manner in which you put your question to Mr. Lemonis. I say Mr. Lemonis because it is the civil, considerate and respectful manner in which to address someone; unless of course you and he are friends, business acquaintances etc. As an example, I also don't like it when the media folks refer to the President of the US, regardless of which President, this one, the last one, Kennedy Reagan, Truman take your pick as "Mr. ", it is disrespectful. We can disagree without being disagreeable and I certainly take offense to the manner in which you put your question.

Hopefully this post will be left in the condition in which I originally wrote it.

crudeman

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/12 07:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LTCLarry wrote:

bsbeedub wrote:

My membership expired two days ago. Why? Same reason as many others: I got the membership in the first place to get the extra PC pricing. Now, every Joe out there gets what I get without the membership. No thanks.
Marcus, this thread is a few days old now and no response from you. Are you not listening any more?

No less than any of the others posting on this thread, and look back at my previous post, I am "not happy" with paying a membership fee to belong to a "group", any group, wherein the only real benefit I receive is to have a card in my wallet that says "member".I would like to hear what Mr. Lemonis position as CEO of CW has to say on the issue. However, I can and will express my disapproval without rancor.

I take offense at what IMO is the rude manner in which you put your question to Mr. Lemonis. I say Mr. Lemonis because it is the civil, considerate and respectful manner in which to address someone; unless of course you and he are friends, business acquaintances etc. As an example, I also don't like it when the media folks refer to the President of the US, regardless of which President, this one, the last one, Kennedy Reagan, Truman take your pick as "Mr. ", it is disrespectful. We can disagree without being disagreeable and I certainly take offense to the manner in which you put your question.

Hopefully this post will be left in the condition in which I originally wrote it.

lol, only here..Funny thing when I open the rv.net page it states there about the dear Marcus section and nothing about Mr. this or that. But thanks for the laugh.

Steve & Pat
Maggie- Hannah

2006 HR Ambassador PDQ
2010 Silverado

LTCLarry

Maggie Valley, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/03/12 07:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

crudeman wrote:

LTCLarry wrote:

bsbeedub wrote:

lol, only here..Funny thing when I open the rv.net page it states there about the dear Marcus section and nothing about Mr. this or that. But thanks for the laugh.

Your handle says all I need to know. LOL

bsbeedub

I just ate a big meal so I'm a

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/03/12 09:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LTCLarry wrote:

bsbeedub wrote:

Larry, you take offense because I used the man's first name? Really? This is an internet forum, not a Fortune 500 boardroom. It is the "Dear Marcus" forum and it does state: "Ask Marcus if you have questions, concerns or praise about your Good Sam Club membership." There was nothing disrespectful about the way I addressed Marcus and asked my question. Of course, we can agree to disagree.
The only way this could be any more casual and laid back is if we were sitting around a campfire shooting the breeze.

Bob

Bob & Susan
Shelby the Beagle
2003 Dodge Ram 1500
2011 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 23BW

mlemonis

lincolnshire, IL

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/12 07:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am dedicating my day and will have a solution that makes everyone happy

We will get this resolved

LTCLarry

Maggie Valley, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/04/12 08:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bsbeedub wrote:

LTCLarry wrote:

bsbeedub wrote:

Larry, you take offense because I used the man's first name? Really? This is an internet forum, not a Fortune 500 boardroom. It is the "Dear Marcus" forum and it does state: "Ask Marcus if you have questions, concerns or praise about your Good Sam Club membership." There was nothing disrespectful about the way I addressed Marcus and asked my question. Of course, we can agree to disagree.
The only way this could be any more casual and laid back is if we were sitting around a campfire shooting the breeze.

Bob

Yes Bob,Really. i did and I do take offense at rude the "Tone"of your post " Marcus, this thread is a few days old now and no response from you. Are you not listening any more?
"
" Time and place do not provide cover or an excuse for a lack of common courtesy in civil discourse. Merely because one is sitting around a campfire or in some other relaxed and casual environment is not such an excuse. Your post was, again IMO, entirely too “in your face”. You did manage to challenge Marcus to take some action; in another era that might have been referred to as “throwing down the gauntlet” There are many ways to get one’s point across without being rude, disagreeable or confrontational. Sadly sir, your post didn’t accomplish that. You wrote the post, be large enough to stand behind it and say so. Don’t try to walk it back, quibble or attempt mitigation by claiming that it's a “casual environment” where the rules of common courtesy do not apply. There is no excuse for being rude.

Should you desire to continue this discussion why not PM me and let’s let the thread move back to the OP’s original premise.

LTCLarry

Maggie Valley, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/04/12 12:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm happy to wait for the CW response

mlemonis

lincolnshire, IL

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/12 11:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have met with my team and have instructed them on where we are going from here.

1. free shipping for all gs members
2. special web offers only at good sam club.com
3. special offers directly from me on the web that will come once a week

these will be exclusive to gs members only. they will not be available to anyone else

we will continue to get better. I guarantee it.

57 Panhead

Foothills of the Sierra Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/04/12 09:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK, earlier this AM there were 2 messages on page 4 of this thread, both, I believe from Marcus. Now page 4 loads but it is blank. What is wrong with this thread??? Were those messages deleted or is there a glitch in the system?

Steve

Retired Teamster
2012 Jayco Eagle Superlite 31.5RLTS
07 F250 PowerStroke
U Y B

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Club

> Warning, Discounts *already* included in CW web prices!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Club

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS