|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> NEED HELP

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
Gulfstream 8378

Pleasant View

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/29/12 08:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a dometic fridge that the freezer is getting cold in but the bottom will not get cold any ideas? I have medicine that I have to keep in the fridge and it will not stay cold. We can't go on anywhere until I figure this out. All the recalls have been done and I was told everything was good to go. Turned it on today and the freezer works fine but not lower fridge? Also this is on a class A Gulfstream coach if that helps. When I dewinterized it there is also a line under the sink that still has some pink fluid in it that. Could that be the ice maker?

sch911

Rochester Hills, MI

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/12 08:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It takes 10 to 15 hours for the fridge section to get to temperature. How long has it been on?

OEM Auto Engineer
2003 Damon Challenger 348 Class A - F53 Triton V10
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V8 Toad

ploiselle

South Shore, MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/29/12 08:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Put a refrigerator fan in it. They make a big difference. They also help keeping the refrigerator deiced. Here are several versions.

Battery Refrigerator Fans

I have the computer fans that attached to the fins. I have not defrosted since I turned it on in mid January.

Paul

41' MountainAire (MADP) -Spartan- Cummins 350 ISC
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Brake Buddy - CoachNet

Gulfstream 8378

Pleasant View

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/29/12 09:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have had it on about 5 hours and the bottom part is the same temp as when I turned it on it seems. The ice maker does not seem to be doing anything either.

garym114

Bluff Dale, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/12 10:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It takes more than 5 hours.
Is it level?
There are specific steps for winterizing and de winterizing an ice maker.

2000 Sea Breeze F53 V10 - CR-V Toad
Some RV batteries live a long and useful life, some are murdered.
Get a Digital Multimeter and Learn How to Use It

jjwms

Nampa, ID

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/12 10:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Put a fan in the refrigerator as others have advised. They do wonders. We normally keep our fan on a middle shelf. As far as having the refrigerator on and ice maker not working I hope you winterized it. In addition, the ice maker will only work when on shore power but I assume you already know that.

Fulltime RVer May 1997-June 2007
2013 Winnebago Vista Model 27N

MrMudstud

Lafayette, LA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/29/12 11:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you want to max your cooling performance, do this simple trick. In the back of inside the frig on the fins, move the thermo probe from the 3rd fin to the last fin to the right or further to the right as possible. (By right, I mean when you open the frig door, the right side) Also, put it about 2.5 to 3" from the top of the fin/grille. Give it ~12 hours and it will freeze in the frig. Now, you have to play with it by moving it down slightly until the temp is where you want it.

"No One Cares What You Know, Until They Know That You Care!"......."God Bless America"
2003 Pace Arrow 34W, F-53 V-10 22,000#, Avg 8.2 MPG
ScanGauge II, Voltage Booster, Progressive Industries EMS
Water Softener, Safe-T-Plus, Rear Trac Bar, 4 Koni FSD's

ryanallie1

Magalia, Calif

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/30/12 05:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi All.

I think what you have been told is right on. These RV Fridges takes usually overnight to get up to the correct Temp. While your ad it, do yourself tewo favors.

One is to add some kind of a Fan. second, add a Thermomitor inside the fridge. That way you'll alwasy know if your food is cold enough.

A lot of us RV's have bought and put in Wireless Remote Sensors, used with In-Doo/Out-Door Thermomitors. They come as a set, so you don't have to open the Fridge Door, as every time you open the Frige Door, you let in Warn Air.

And as said, you can control the Fridges Temp, by Sliding that Bar on the Fins, either up or down as need to get the correct Temps.

If the Freezer Top is working then the bottom should be working also, as its all one unit. Maybe someone put the bar way to low and that is keeping it form getting vold enough, plus you jsut have not given it enought time to cool properly. Good Luck. Happy Travels. Dan & Jill

1998-33.5 Rexhall, Rexair SL. 460 EFI. F-53. 7.3 MPG. TST TPMS. HWH Levelers. 5.5G Gen. Convection/Microwave Water Purifier/Water Softner. 2 A/C's. Alarm Systems. Honda EU2000i's W/Kit. Steer-Safe. CR-V W/SMI System. FMCA #F414397 Nam-Vet, 66-67-68&70-71

amandasgramma

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/12 08:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do you have it on propane or electricity?? Electricity takes longer to cool the fridge....ALL the advice you've received is good.

My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

CampingJumble

San Diego

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/12 10:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ploiselle wrote:

Put a refrigerator fan in it. They make a big difference. They also help keeping the refrigerator deiced. Here are several versions.

Battery Refrigerator Fans

I have the computer fans that attached to the fins. I have not defrosted since I turned it on in mid January.

Paul

I hear those are really reliable. Thanks for the reminder.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> NEED HELP
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS