|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Accessories

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World Accessories

> Love Camping World

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
mudmaker

Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/02/12 04:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why is it that a website like tweetys.com can offer products so much cheaper than Campingworld.com? The latter is obviously much larger therefor would be buying products in much larger quantity and be selling to a much larger customer base. But pricing seems to be tipped in the opposite direction. Is there a problem with buying power at the corporate level? I would think by maintaining higher prices CW is only receiving a smaller segment of the total base. The segment that is loyal to CW or the ones who like to go to the store and hold it in their hands regardless of the price.
There are many more potential customers out there. They are the ones that like saving money and still going rving. They are the ones keeping places like tweetys going strong. Wouldn't Camping World want to sell to those customers too?

Glen and Loretta
Marc, Jake, and Kirsten
Heartland Big Country 3251TS
2013 GMC Terrain
15 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax
08 Silverado 3500 DRW quad 6.6 Duramax
Yamaha 2000is x2

rright3329@aol.com

portland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/13/12 08:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bradl wrote:

I buy tons of stuff online, from all the usual places. That doesn't in any way diminish my enjoyment and occasional shopping at the two Camping Worlds within easy driving distance. I'd be sad if they were gone. Sometimes I just want to browse or seek problem-solving inspiration; other times I just need or want something sooner rather than cheaper. I'm aware many things are available cheaper online - I just don't care. (There is a threshold at which I do care, but it's sort of flexible.)

Bob & Kathy & coco the smartest dog in the world. (Shih Tzu)

2006 Chev Silverado HD 6 liter gas engine 2007 Cougar 5th wheel 291RL
and love it.

rright3329@aol.com

portland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/13/12 08:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bradl,
Boy do I agree with you.

JeanS

Bowling Green, KY

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/12 04:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Trudi and Dan,

Thank you for your kind comments about Camping World. Your feedback is sincerely appreciated and will be shared with our management team.

Again, thank you for writing and especially for being a Camping World Customer.

Jean S.
Manager
Camping World Customer Care

js503

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/15/12 05:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have used CW for several years. I dont always buy from them but do on a fairly regular basis. I order a lot of items from other on-line rv suppliers as well. While CW may not always be the lowest cost place to buy, for me it is the nearest rv supply place and fairly easy for me to get to. When I need an item right away CW is the best answer. If Im not in a hurry then other on-line places are checked and I take the best price. CW for me, is a convinent shopping outlet and I have no plans to stop using it. Some CW locations are better than others and this is usually because of the management.

TinyoneRV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/17/12 04:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As a business man I can tell you anyone can sell something cheaper on line than in a bricks and mortar store.

RVDavie

Home

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/12 06:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MichDoc wrote:

Or, you can have it BOTH ways. Go to Camping World to see and hold the product, and then buy it on line elsewhere if you want to get it cheaper.
Another option would just be to go to an RV supply and accessory store that has the product in stock, sells it for a competitive price, and has a great customer service policy as well.
Can you give us the name of one?

WandaLust2

TN

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/12 01:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've only had experiences with two CWs and have been satisfied with both. When an alarm we bought at the Ocala FL store proved defective after 6 weeks, they happily exchanged it for us without a problem. And to my great delight, they had the metal hanger thingie used to hang small stuff to dry. These are the hangers with about 10 metal clips. These last forever unlike the plastic ones I found elsewhere. I bought two of them. One for outside the RV for socks and washcloths and one for the inside shower to dry undies. We have spend a lot of money in the past 4 years at CW and have no complaints.

I have no agenda. I don't even know anyone personally who works for CW.

We have also bought camping stuff from Bass Pro Shop (Outdoor World) and Wal*Mart. But the bulk came from CW.

WandaLust. Retired. Middle TN
Heartland 2011 NorthTrail 28BRS
1993 Ford Dutchman Class-C

joestew1

mulberry

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/28/12 05:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

not happy at all with camping world. I really don't ever want to go there again. We went to camping world bartow florida. When we pulled onto the lot our rv shut off and would not start. My wife took grandkids inside and used the rest rooms. they were playing checkers in the main lobby waiting to find out about the rv and one of the camping world employees and in front of everyone in that lobby laughed at us and said " I can't believe they even made it in that thing and laughed" He continued to say things until one of the emloyees pointed to me that thats what she came in on. My wife was so embarrass she gathered up the grandkids and went outside with tears and this employee went outside and continued to mock our rv to the man who was going to fix it and said things like he wouldn't fix that thing just tow it to dump. Our rv may be 20 years old but camping world employees are very rude and hurtful. They are fixing our rv but this will be the last time we ever go there. I wouldn't buy an over priced rv from them for anything in the world.

MichDoc

Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/28/12 06:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RVDavie wrote:

MichDoc wrote:

Or, you can have it BOTH ways. Go to Camping World to see and hold the product, and then buy it on line elsewhere if you want to get it cheaper.
Another option would just be to go to an RV supply and accessory store that has the product in stock, sells it for a competitive price, and has a great customer service policy as well.
Can you give us the name of one?

On line I usually use Amazon, although I've also used Dyers, and RV Supply Warehouse. I've also used some of the stores owned by General RV across Michigan, Lowery in Warren, MI., and Action RV in Rockport Texas. There are a lot of independent RV suppliers across the country that I've purchased from, and I find that the smaller companies tend to provide the best service because they depend on repeat business due to their level of service, rather than their prices.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World Accessories

> Love Camping World
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Accessories

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS