RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Rallies, Shows and Gatherings: 49er Days in Death Valley

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> 49er Days in Death Valley

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
DAS26miles

San Fernando Valley, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/06/12 10:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have been to Death Valley many times, but never when they were having the 49er Days. Has anyone been there for the event which takes place every Novemeber? Any thoughts on going then?

2004 Winnebago Minnie 22E

rightlaneonly

CA..

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/06/12 11:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We went last November for the first time. planning on going again this year. Great music if you like "Sons of the pioneers" type western music. Wagon train, art shows, dog costume show, church service on Sunday, and lots of music, amateur and proffesional. Loved it. Stayed at the Texas Creek campground. No hookups or generators -----ahh the peace and quite. Hope this helps, maybe we'll see you there.

Leroy & Jane
2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X and a 2004 Aliner Sportliner.
I wanna go where I haven't been,
but still wanna see what I've seen again.

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/15/12 10:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was just checking on this also...seems most if not all of the reservable sites at Furnace Creek are gone but I believe that Sunset CG sites are non reservable? Im wondering how soom someone might have to arrive to get a spot? Pre-encampment is Nov. 4th I think with the regular festivities Nov 7th-11th. We might give this a try ourselves.

96 Vogue Prima Vista 37' CAT 3176B
Our Babies: Mollie, Cassie and Maggie, all rescued King Charles Spaniels, Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie, Scoutie, Katie, Cooper, Kodie and our sweet Rubie RIP kids!

Rally's and get togethers.....Lots

tandkj

Full timer

View Profile

Posted: 05/07/12 06:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We were working there during the activities and if you don't have reservations your not going to find a parking place. The campground on Furnice creek has full hookups and requires reservations, The park service outside FC does not have hookups and is first come first serve.

Tis another fine day to serve in and for the glory of the Corps. Every day is a holiday and every meal a feast.
08 Camelot Custom build
07 Ranger Toad
One Golden Retriever at the Rainbow Bridge and a new one traveling with us.

DAS26miles

San Fernando Valley, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/07/12 06:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We were able to get a site in Furnace Creek CG for Wednesday thru Saturday. Still a few sites left there. See you all there!

darlenvigil

119 E Main St, Madison, WI 53703

View Profile

Posted: 05/07/12 06:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rightlaneonly wrote:

We went last November for the first time. planning on going again this year. Great music if you like "Sons of the pioneers" type western music. Wagon train, art shows, dog costume show, church service on Sunday, and lots of music, amateur and proffesional. Loved it. Stayed at the Texas Creek campground. No hookups or generators -----ahh the peace and quite. Hope this helps, maybe we'll see you there.

I have also heard many peoples good reviews. And I am also planning on going there this year.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> 49er Days in Death Valley
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS