RV.Net Open Roads Forum: 2013 NW Spring Rally..when and where to go?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> 2013 NW Spring Rally..when and where to go?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Sponsored By:
DavidG

Jacksonville, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/07/12 11:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi gang,

It's less than 2 weeks before this year's rally and I wanted to get you thinking about where to go next year. It can get a little challenging to find a place if we wait too long to decide.

So, where would you like to go, or where do you think would be a good place to have a rally? Have you been to any parks recently that would make a good destination for the group?

Things to keep in mind...
  • Can andle up to 30 rigs.
  • Has a clubhouse or meeting room big enough to handle up to 60 people and isn't too far away from the campsites.
  • Preferrably has a full kitchen (at least a sink and fridge).

As for when to go. In the past, we have selected the weekend prior to Memorial Day weekend and before we get into the summer travel season when campgrounds get fuller and so do people's calendars of other events. Does this still work for everyone, or should we look at moving the date?

We will discuss more at this year's rally in Prosser, but let's get the discussion going now. In the end, it's up to the group and whoever we all select as the wagon masters as to where we go. I think no matter where we go, we'll have a great time! we always do.

David and Laura G
Click here for my RV Tips
2003 Suburban K2500LT 4WD, 8.1L, 3.73
2008 Adirondack 31RK-DSL
Our blog

DavidG

Jacksonville, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/07/12 12:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'll start this off with a quick review of 2 places...

Took a drive over to Hoodsport yesterday with Hank to check out Rest-A-While campground. It was a nice day for a drive and it was a nice park. The clubhouse would work well for the group, and it has a full kitchen. Most of the sites are back-in, but there are a few pull-thru's o nthe water side of the highway. Some of the sites on the water side of the highway are pretty close to the highway and could be a bit challening to get in and out of, but the pull-thru's would be fine.

The only think that was a little odd about the sites were the utilities. Power, water and cable hook-ups are between every other site and at the back corner, so someone would need to have long enough hoses and wires. Sewer connections were also at the back of every site, but the odd thing is that the connection is in the center of the site, so your sewer hose would end up going under your rig to get there.

If you were parked on the non waterfront side of the highway, the noise from the highway traffic seems minimal, probably due to all of the trees in and around the park.

Overall, this is a pretty nice park and would probably work fine for the group.

We also stopped at another campground just south of there (name?).

This park appears to be newer than Rest-a while, and it also has fewer trees, so shade is a premium. For the most part, the sites and road around them is a big gravel lot and not much grass. The clubhouse is pretty nice, but it could get crowded as we got closer to its capacity. The kitchen does not have a stove/oven, but it does have a sink, fridge and microwave. The clubhouse is a short walk from most of the sites, but manageable.

Of the two, I think Rest-a-while would work better.

* This post was edited 05/07/12 01:27pm by DavidG *

DavidG

Jacksonville, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/16/12 09:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We arrived in Prosser yesterday around 3:30 and it was a cool 95 degrees. It's only supposed to get to 82 today and low to mid 70's the rest of the week.

Got all of the rally stuff out of the trailer. I'm guessing it must have weighed a couple hundred pounds (at least) for all the food and supplies we brought over. It's all in the clubhouse and it's all set up. Just a few things to buy here, so I'm sure we'll be heading for Costco down in Richland later.

See y'll real soon.

jahrens

Fulltimers

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/12 07:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a rug-rat running around the Motorhome while her parents are at a meeting. She really likes to come to Grandma and Papa's Motorhome!

John & Nikki Ahrens
http://www.ahrensadventures.com/blog
See me on Facebook

jahrens

Fulltimers

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/12 07:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What I started to say before distracting myself, is that we prefer going east of the mountains, as the weather is usually better there.

Retired05

Vancouver, Wa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/09/12 06:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

http://www.cbrvresort.com/index.php

Anybody ever stay here?

Y-Guy

Tri-Cities, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/12 09:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Retired05 wrote:

Anybody ever stay here?

We've stayed here a couple of times. Sites 41-52 are very nice for a rally, as they are all fairly close without being on top of each other. Plus they are close to the pool/spa as well as the lodge. There are rows of pull through sites as well. The rec room is located on the 2nd floor, I'm not sure if that is an issue for anyone or not. There is a bus that goes into Canon Beach, saves you from walking or trying to park your car downtown.

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited

Bigdog

silverdale wa.

View Profile

Posted: 05/24/12 07:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's also a pretty nice place and central beach Oregon is usually better weather.
How-ever,I think that going to McMinnville is the way to go.

GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

Tradewinds

Northwest Washington

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/12 06:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have stayed at Rest A While many times and its a good park, we have done a number of Rallys there and the club house has been a nice place to gather, unless things have changed they will let you go out and get oysters off their beach also.

Glenn Ayr is just down the road to the south and has to be the one you are talking of. We have had two bad experiences there and neither of the RV groups I belong to here will go back there. They may have changed management so it could be fine now, its been at least 8 years since we went there and we just use Rest A While as we know its a good experience.

We are partial to the east side of the mountains to escape the rain here but we are good for anywhere. We started going east as we had a lot of people coming from that part of the state and Idaho but that group has pretty much dropped out over the years. For the majority it is probably closer to stay on the west side. If you were here today you would be getting rained on.

I like Whispering Pines Cle Elum myself just because its about the same distance as the ocean and the weather is usually better. There is not much to do there though.

Bob
National Tradewinds with Nissan 4x4 Ext Cab/Honda CRV Toad
It's the Journey not the Destination
RVing since 1970

W7SFO

Puyallup,WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/12 09:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Retired05 wrote:

Anybody ever stay here?

Fantastic park. Stayed here for a week on our honeymoon.

Ryan,Beth & Alyssa.(Full Time in our 5th wheel)
Eatonville WA.
See me on Facebook!
Enjoying camping every chance we get.
Enjoy meeting other folks in the area to camp with.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> 2013 NW Spring Rally..when and where to go?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS