|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> LP alarm

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
stroza99

NY

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/12 11:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just bought our 1st RV a 35' class A. Every time I shut down the house and chassie batteries and then restart them the LP detector goes off and does not shut off. is it normal to have to reset it everytime?

Thanks!

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 33RLDS

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming... Holy Cow!! What a ride!”

eadeal55

Suffolk VA

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/12 11:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If your house batteries are located in your step well like mine, every time your 12v converter/charger starts charging the house batteries, the hydrogen generated from the charging process will lite off your propane detector, which is usually located on the floor in the kitchen area, about 5ft away from the step well.

Andy & Lee, plus the furry kids Bella and Molly
'05 Fleetwood Bounder 33R, F53 w/6.8L V10...towing a
'07 Chevy HHR LT2 w/2.4L EcoTec,
Blue Ox Aventa LX, Brake Buddy Classic
FMCA #F359977 - Colonial Virginians, President 2012-14

FormerBoater

South Florida

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/12 11:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stroza99 wrote:

We just bought our 1st RV a 35' class A. Every time I shut down the house and chassie batteries and then restart them the LP detector goes off and does not shut off. is it normal to have to reset it everytime?

Thanks!

Yepper!

Dave
1998 American Eagle 40EVS

stroza99

NY

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/12 11:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks guys! Will it eventually shut off by itself or does it have to be reset? I did let it go off a few minutes before I reset it
Thanks again!

RLS7201

Very Very

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/12 01:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tell us what brand alarm you have. If it's a CCI brand, and the switch is left on, it will alarm when applying power, and must be reset manually.

Richard

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/12 12:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Welcome to the Forum!

If you bought a older used RV, be aware than a smoke alarm is only good for 7 years or so. After that, the sensor fails and the alarm will start sounding for no aparent reason. Then it's time to replace it!

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

sundancer268

Charlevoix

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/09/12 04:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have to reset mine every time. My batteries are located in an outside compartment and the stair well in the front like a school bus. With this configuration, the batteries are out of the picture. I just turn it off for several seconds and then turn it back on and after a few chirps it is ready. Congratulations on your new motor home. Please tell us what model it is so we can provide more specific advice for your future questions. You might also want to check out the FMCA web site, they are for motorhomes only so you have a good base to ask motorhome specific questions. Ed.

U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2005 Ford Focus Automatic Station Wagon
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain

ryanallie1

Magalia, Calif

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/09/12 08:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sundancer268 wrote:

I have to reset mine every time. My batteries are located in an outside compartment and the stair well in the front like a school bus. With this configuration, the batteries are out of the picture. I just turn it off for several seconds and then turn it back on and after a few chirps it is ready. Congratulations on your new motor home. Please tell us what model it is so we can provide more specific advice for your future questions. You might also want to check out the FMCA web site, they are for motorhomes only so you have a good base to ask motorhome specific questions. Ed.

Hi All.

Ed, that is not exactely a true statement about FMCA, for "Motorhomes Only".

Before we bought our Motorhome, we had FMAC for our PSD Truck and 5er with FMAC for quite a few years. At some time, in the past they may have been for "Motorhomes Only" but no so any longer, and haven't been for many years now. We are still with FMCA with our Motorhome now also.

FMAC is open to all RV's. I can't give you a date when they started this, but as I said, we had FMAC with our PSD Truck & 5er for quite a few years.

As with a lot of companies, they had to make some adjustments and changes to stay in business also. ERS is ERS, still money in FMCA pockets.

Good Luck. Happy Travels. Dan & Jill

1998-33.5 Rexhall, Rexair SL. 460 EFI. F-53. 7.3 MPG. TST TPMS. HWH Levelers. 5.5G Gen. Convection/Microwave Water Purifier/Water Softner. 2 A/C's. Alarm Systems. Honda EU2000i's W/Kit. Steer-Safe. CR-V W/SMI System. FMCA #F414397 Nam-Vet, 66-67-68&70-71

crasster

Dallas

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/12 09:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2inAlabama wrote:

I would NEVER trust any of the alarms, e.g. smoke, CO, or LP older than 4 or 5 years. They are too cheap to risk your and your family's life on a detector older than that. JMHO

GOLDEN advice given by 2inAlabama

We change ours every 3 years. They are cheap to change, and life is precious.

4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

2inAlabama

Lake Whitney, TX

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/12 08:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would NEVER trust any of the alarms, e.g. smoke, CO, or LP older than 4 or 5 years. They are too cheap to risk your and your family's life on a detector older than that. JMHO

Just DH & DW
Shopping for a Foretravel U320 42 ft

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> LP alarm
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: