|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

> Cat peeing everywhere

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
WandaLust2

TN

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/12 01:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stof wrote:

I had a cat peeing everywhere. It drove me crazy. Then a friend told me about a method to re train my cat to use the litterbox. I was very sceptical, but thought I would give it a try (since nothing else had worked). I'm over the moon with the result.
Here you can find out more about the method.http://tinyurl.com/bngyh7b

Hope this will solve your problem

So why send her to BUY a book, like a spammer? Tell her what you learned, what you did that worked for you rather then send her to BUY something.

She can also post where a lot of cat people post who volunteer in shelters, foster cats, work for vets etc and have her questions answered for free:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/cats/

WandaLust. Retired. Middle TN
Heartland 2011 NorthTrail 28BRS
1993 Ford Dutchman Class-C

Pawz4me

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/12 05:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WandaLust2 wrote:

She can also post where a lot of cat people post who volunteer in shelters, foster cats, work for vets etc and have her questions answered for free:

Or she could post here, where a lot of cat people post who volunteer in shelters, foster cats, there is a vet moderator, etc., and have her questions answered for free.

Me and the DH
Two boys and two dogs (and two cats who prefer to stay home)
2008 Forest River Georgetown 350DS (bunkhouse model)
2001 Honda CR-V

Code2High

One hour past Nowhere, CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/12 02:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WandaLust2 wrote:

Stof wrote:

I had a cat peeing everywhere. It drove me crazy. Then a friend told me about a method to re train my cat to use the litterbox. I was very sceptical, but thought I would give it a try (since nothing else had worked). I'm over the moon with the result.

So why send her to BUY a book, like a spammer? Tell her what you learned, what you did that worked for you rather then send her to BUY something.

The difference between free advice, even good free advice, and a book is that a book lays out a system/plan, that someone can follow. If it's been professionally produced it has been edited for coherence and clarity and completeness. There is a lot to be said for that, and a recommendation for a good book on a given topic isn't "spam," it is good information.

No one here.... not even me, and I'll do longer posts than anyone... puts a whole book on a thread. It's just not that kind of an environment.

susan

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a wabbit, Fuzzy Wuzzy had a dandelion habit! RIP little Wuz... don't go far.

Fyrecat

Queens

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/12 01:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I really get po'd myself when I hear someone saying that they wouldn't 'tolerate this sort of behavior'. I mean, would they put their parents down when they got old (shudder).

I am a Vet Tech and work in animal rescue. I have 6 cats, from ages 8 months to 17 years. We have one that when he is ill, doesn't use the box. It's his way of letting us know he's not feeling well.

I would take your cats for a check up. There could be a medical reason they are not using the box. Meawhile, please do these things-they might perhaps help:

Clean spots pee'd on with Natures Miracle. It's an enymic cleaner that will get the odor, and help neutralize where they are peeing.

Change to different boxes with lower sides. Cats with arthritis can have trouble getting into and out of the box(s).

Change the type of litter used. Dr. Elsley's is remarkable for litter box troubles.

Add a box in a quiet place. Sometimes this can really help.

Geriatric kitties like some of us need a little more help sometimes, using the box! It's not a big thing, but please get them check ups, so you know in case there is something physical going on.

Cats are very clean animals by nature, and contrary to what some may say, don't pee somewhere out of spite, but usually to let their person know there is something going on with them.

Fyrecat

sharrlan

chino,ca

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/12 06:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The pee pads worked great for awhile.

I woke up one morning to find that cat #2 was stumbling and had issues with her back legs. I took both to a vet who assured me it was time to let both go. It was a very hard, but both went very peacefully.

Code2High

One hour past Nowhere, CA

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/12 10:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sharrlan wrote:

I woke up one morning to find that cat #2 was stumbling and had issues with her back legs. I took both to a vet who assured me it was time to let both go. It was a very hard, but both went very peacefully.

I'm so sorry.

CA POPPY

Santa Clarita, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/12 05:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sharrlan wrote:

I, too, am sorry for your loss. Our old "country style" vet of over 30 years, used to just "call it" based on his instincts and experience and love of animals. The pet owner didn't have to agree with him, but we always did. We trusted him implicitly. Unfortunately, the good Dr died last January. We have paid more $$ for tests with a new vet since that time than we ever had in our entire history of pet ownership. I am not sure any of it was really helpful, either. It's painful to lose a beloved pet, no matter his/her age. Eking out a few more difficult months is not going to be high on our priority list in the future. JMHO

Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
co-pilots Rosie & Darcy

WandaLust2

TN

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/12 10:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Code2High wrote:

WandaLust2 wrote:

Stof wrote:

The difference between free advice, even good free advice, and a book is that a book lays out a system/plan, that someone can follow. If it's been professionally produced it has been edited for coherence and clarity and completeness. There is a lot to be said for that, and a recommendation for a good book on a given topic isn't "spam," it is good information.

No one here.... not even me, and I'll do longer posts than anyone... puts a whole book on a thread. It's just not that kind of an environment.

And outline of what worked for the poster could be said in one paragraph, a few minutes of typing. Those on the C-D cat Forum are there because they're devout cat people. I see information and advice there I don't see here. No offense meant, but other than the vet here, everyone seems to be regular every day cat owners who happen to RV. BTW, do you work in a Shelter or for a Rescue?

WandaLust2

TN

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/12 10:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pawz4me wrote:

WandaLust2 wrote:

Or she could post here, where a lot of cat people post who volunteer in shelters, foster cats, there is a vet moderator, etc., and have her questions answered for free.

Other than the vet, who here works in a Shelter or for a Rescue? Seriously?

I almost always read all the cat posts and usually pick up on these people right away. The C-D cat forum is FREE. Because they ask on the C-D Forum doesn't mean they can't ask here also.

WandaLust2

TN

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/12 10:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sharrlan wrote:

So sorry to hear this. No use to let them continue to suffer.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

> Cat peeing everywhere
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS