|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Water leak underneath rv

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Pokey2

Bel Marin Keys, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/15/12 07:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Unless you have multiple leaks, your latest post suggests that you have neither a leaky tank nor drain valves that aren’t sufficiently closed. I’d concentrate my efforts on a search for a leak in a plumbing line, beginning my search around the pump. Is the pump under the bed or nearby?

psmoore

Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/15/12 09:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The pump is under the head of the bed at the very back wall of the motorhome. It is a little loose in the floor, so once it all drys I was gonna tighten it up and make sure that it's not moving around alot and then start trying to trace lines.

The "plug" underneath where the water is coming out of the bottom of the tank at a steady drip, a buddy of mine, thought it might be an ice plug or a plug of some sort. Not sure if I should seal that in case it's supposed to be able to come out if necessary? I don't know. LOL

I appreciate all the comments and help. I'm gonna get up under it probably not until Thursday as I have kids school stuff to do all day tomorrow and then work, but I will take some pictures and then post them with what I find.

Paul and Susan - 4 kids
2001 Winnebago Brave 35C

psmoore

Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/15/12 10:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I decided to mess with it today. No leak at the back underneath while pump is running. The carpet underneath the bed plastic is still damp. In looking at the water heater, there is water all over the place. Tank, wires, electrical, etc. Think I'm just gonna take it to the dealer now.

psmoore

Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/18/12 03:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think I may have a leak up on the water reservoir tank, since I cannot duplicate the leak. Although I think I have a hole in my water heater. When I bypass the water heater I have no leak, but when I go through the water heater I have some water around the water heater. Gonna enjoy the season without hot water and then have the dealer look at it this fall. It is an Atwood, so they told me they could just change the tank if it is a hole in the tank. I guess we'll find out in the fall, unless I start to notice a whole lot of water.

On a side (and funny note) while trying to make it leak yesterday, I had the rig hooked to city water and letting it run and run and run while laying there with a flashlight looking for leaks. Then I noticed that my arm was starting to get wet, when I looked back the shower was full.. Forgot that I hadn't emptied the gray tank.. UGH!!! LOL Drained some off and the shower went down! I got a pretty good laugh at myself for that one!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Water leak underneath rv
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS