RV.Net Open Roads Forum: I'm back!! Traded Winnebago View for 2012 Roadtrek SS Agile!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> I'm back!! Traded Winnebago View for 2012 Roadtrek SS Agile!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ryegatevt

New Hampshire

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/12 12:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

booster wrote:

MAU MAU wrote:

Pictures! We need Pictures!

I am waiting until the 2013 comes out with 4WD and 30 MPG.

Just looking around a bit, it looks like the higher mileage will be with a standard 4 cylinder engine and new 7 speed transmission. The V6 with the 5 speed transmission will be optional. The didn't give any hp or torque specs on the 4 cylinder, but if it is like most European stuff, it won't be very powerful, compared to what we in the US are used to. With a maxed out B, it might well be severely underpowered, making most of the mileage gains go away. Not much use for a seven speed, if it is always downshifted because of lack of hp.

I saw several references that said the 4 wheel drive will be so expensive, it is likely it won't be imported to the US.

Try to be optimistic about 4 cylinders! We have a 2011 Subaru Forester XT Turbo that puts out 242 HP while returning 22 MPG,and there are far more powerful and now reliable 4 & 6 cylinder engines making much more power than that.....

Steve & Bev
2005 Roadtrek 210
Tess, our new Sheltie Pup!
Babe the Calico Cat

PSW

Oklahoma City

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/12 03:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dixied,

We tried the move from B to C and came back to B. Like you, we never quite got ready for all the inconvenience of parking and not being able to "just get up and go". Bs please. I didn't retire for hassle. I retired to get rid of it!!

Enjoy.

Paul

PSW
2013 Phoenix Cruiser 2350

ennajean

Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/12 04:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Welcome back...

Anne and Dick

DABEE a 2006 Ford Sportsmobile Penthouse top.
States we've camped in.

yizit

Central Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/12 05:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Welcome back. It's ironic that you should post your experience with the View. While in Florida in Jan-Feb we stopped in a CW and looked at a View. It does give you more "living" space, but my first thought was...it ain't no B...too big to park and drive, and the B is so nice to take it shopping, a drive in the country, etc. If we had something that big, we would spend more time inside. With the B you want to be outside more. The whole reason why we also bought small TT's.

Jim & Darlene
Pickles our Teddy Bear
2013 Roadtrek RS Adventurous (aka..Roada)
Wisconsin Dells...Water park capital of the world

wascal

California

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/12 09:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congrats! Good choice of a B too!

Oldedit

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/12 01:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dixied wrote:

I am so glad to be back in a class B! I made the mistake of trading my 2007 Roadtrek SS Agile for a 2011 Winnebago View 24J--lots more room, slide-out, etc. I hated it!! Tried to sell it for months--only got low-ball offers. I finally decided to trade it and take the loss, instead of looking at the View in the driveway knowing that if I had a class B, I could take it to Costco or Montana and park it almost anywhere! So, I found a 2012 Roadtrek SS Agile at a dealer that gave me a decent deal. I drove 550 miles to Lakeland, Florida, and picked it up Wednesday. I love it!

Since we're considering a View/Navion, what did you hate about the View? The Size, mileage, power, or what?

Thanks in advance.

2013 Itasca Reyo (T) 15.1 mpg 1st 10k miles.
2006 Roadtrek Adventurous '10 to mid '12. Averaged 19.8 mpg over 27k miles.

My Roadtrek

Tucson, AZ.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/23/12 02:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oldedit wrote:

dixied wrote:

I am so glad to be back in a class B! I made the mistake of trading my 2007 Roadtrek SS Agile for a 2011 Winnebago View 24J--lots more room, slide-out, etc. I hated it!! Tried to sell it for months--only got low-ball offers. I finally decided to trade it and take the loss, instead of looking at the View in the driveway knowing that if I had a class B, I could take it to Costco or Montana and park it almost anywhere! So, I found a 2012 Roadtrek SS Agile at a dealer that gave me a decent deal. I drove 550 miles to Lakeland, Florida, and picked it up Wednesday. I love it!

Since we're considering a View/Navion, what did you hate about the View? The Size, mileage, power, or what?

Thanks in advance.

The OP stated it was because of the size. The View is a Class C, so I suggest you ask your questions in that forum. That way this thread will stay on topic, and you will get a better response over there.

Oldedit

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/12 04:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The topic is going back to the B van. I was wondering whether more than size was involved. Apparently not, and that's ok. I own the Roadtrek Adventurous.

dixied

Mississippi & Montana

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/12 05:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oldedit wrote:

dixied wrote:

Thanks in advance.

I hated the size, mileage, power and the lack of ease driving a vehicle with dual rear wheels. I wanted all the extra space of the slide-out, and storage, but did not like having to pay to store the View when at my condo in Montana, or just sitting in the driveway here in Ocean Springs. I could park my old Roadtrek at the condo, but not the View. I like being able to use the Roadtrek to go to the store or sightsee. I was going to have to buy a car to drive in MT or maybe to tow. I did not enjoy driving the View, and it did not have the power I wanted to go over mountain passes. I just did not need all the amenities like the big frig and two sinks in the View. The automatic steps would refuse to come out at times and caused me lots of trouble in the Ozarks. Dealer could not find anything wrong with them. I was having to travel with a step stool just in case.

What I will miss is the diesel generator--loved that! I know lots of people love the View--just wasn't for me.

Dixie and the Goldendoodles, Nikkibear and Gus
2012 Roadtrek SS Agile

Oldedit

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/12 07:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dixied wrote:

Oldedit wrote:

dixied wrote:

Thanks in advance.

I hated the size, mileage, power and the lack of ease driving a vehicle with dual rear wheels. I wanted all the extra space of the slide-out, and storage, but did not like having to pay to store the View when at my condo in Montana, or just sitting in the driveway here in Ocean Springs. I could park my old Roadtrek at the condo, but not the View. I like being able to use the Roadtrek to go to the store or sightsee. I was going to have to buy a car to drive in MT or maybe to tow. I did not enjoy driving the View, and it did not have the power I wanted to go over mountain passes. I just did not need all the amenities like the big frig and two sinks in the View. The automatic steps would refuse to come out at times and caused me lots of trouble in the Ozarks. Dealer could not find anything wrong with them. I was having to travel with a step stool just in case.

What I will miss is the diesel generator--loved that! I know lots of people love the View--just wasn't for me.

Just what we are thinking about. The tradeoffs. DW will be very interested in your experience. Thanks again.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> I'm back!! Traded Winnebago View for 2012 Roadtrek SS Agile!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS