|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Bone Head Move of the Day

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Followin' the sun

Rolling Meadows, Il

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/21/12 08:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Closed the bedroom slide on my brand new Bounder and forgot the object on the floor which was forced into the wardrobe closet mirror door. Smashed that thing up very quickly. Still kicking myself.

workhardplayharder

Treasure Coast Florida

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/12 08:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To errer is human

BrucePerry

Cornwall NY

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/12 02:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well had my first major bonehead move this past weekend with the 5 month old RV. Pulling the Revolution out of the shop is tricky, due to tightness between buildings. As I pulled forward, I realized I wasnt going to make the swing so backed up about half a foot. (Trust me, its just that tight!) Well I have done it a hundred times, no problem. This time, though for some reason, as I pulled forward I hear an awful sound at the back of the rv, and I knew right away it wasnt good. I caught the trailing edge of the spoiler at the rear of coach on the guide for the overhead door. I was just sick. Still am. Tore a 8" gash right down to the fiberglass. DH was great though, said it could of been worse! Actually, I put a little duct tape over it to keep the wound clean and protected until I get it to a fiberglass repair shop. With the tape kind of matching the silver paint, and the location of the damage being way at the top, no one has even noticed it!

LongWeekends

Scottsdale, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/21/12 12:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

workhardplayharder wrote:

To errer is human

The irony is too thick.

Michael
Just me, my wife, our daughter and our two big, hairy Goldens.
2004 Coachmen Cross Country
370DS - 300HP - 2 Slides

LongWeekends

Scottsdale, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/21/12 09:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It happens. This weekend I learned to check the microwave before you hit the road. If you don't, the casserole dish full of hash browns may fall out, bounce off the stove and then hit the floor. Somehow it didn't break but what a mess!

I made it home and then the curb going up the driveway rocked the coach enough to get things moving. Ugh.

trickyvic3

Raymond NH.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/21/12 03:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BrucePerry wrote:

Well had my first major bonehead move this past weekend with the 5 month old RV. Pulling the Revolution out of the shop is tricky, due to tightness between buildings. As I pulled forward, I realized I wasnt going to make the swing so backed up about half a foot. (Trust me, its just that tight!) Well I have done it a hundred times, no problem. This time, though for some reason, as I pulled forward I hear an awful sound at the back of the rv, and I knew right away it wasnt good. I caught the trailing edge of the spoiler at the rear of coach on the guide for the overhead door. I was just sick. Still am. Tore a 8" gash right down to the fiberglass. DH was great though, said it could of been worse! Actually, I put a little duct tape over it to keep the wound clean and protected until I get it to a fiberglass repair shop. With the tape kind of matching the silver paint, and the location of the damage being way at the top, no one has even noticed it!

If it's way up top where it really can't be seen, I would just use some touch up paint on it. I owned a auto body repair shop for 27ys and you may be shocked at what they will charge you to repair it.

Just saying lol

BigRabbitMan

Cottage Grove, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/22/12 09:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You are just starting to populate the "hanger wall". I had a mechanical issue and a friend with the same coach said to be sure to keep of piece and put it up on the "hanger wall" like he does.

He has an actual hanger as he has an airplane and whenever something happens, he put a small piece of it up on the wall. He can give you the story behind each of the many pieces up on the wall. He has pieces for both the airplane and for the motorhome.

While I havn't done it, I do think it is a good idea.

BigRabbitMan & DiamondGal
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher becoming a Diesel Pusher
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."
DataStorm Satellite internet / I am here-click to see

sowego

northwestern corner of the Nebraska panhandle

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/12 06:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congrats--you are beginning your newbie iniation! This will not be the last boo boo, only the 1st!

We've all had scrapes, chips, breakdowns and worse. Our rig has been through the wringer and come out...well "the way it is!" Almost everything can be fixed. All those mishaps make for good stories to share with everyone!

2002 Tiffin Phaeton
2005 Malibu Maxx toad

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/12 04:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

eHey it could be worse.. I sometimes tell of a time back in school when 3 bullies teamed up on me, one in front, one on each side, they lowered their heads and came at me like enraged bulls intending to cause me pain when they hit.

Well.. At the last second I moved, and when I did, they found.. the brick wall behind me had not moved.

OOPS.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

BrucePerry

Cornwall NY

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/12 04:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

trickyvic3 wrote:

BrucePerry wrote:

If it's way up top where it really can't be seen, I would just use some touch up paint on it. I owned a auto body repair shop for 27ys and you may be shocked at what they will charge you to repair it.

Just saying lol

lol Wish I could. Took off the paint, gelcoat, and exposed the fiberglass. Ouch

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Bone Head Move of the Day
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: