|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Sea eagle boats

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
billtex

RI

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/12 08:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We love our porta-bote. I have run boats since I was a young boy and run tuna boats to the off shore canyons. We have owned many boats and spend a great deal of time on the water.
The p-bote is very well engineered, and is our go-to boat when heading for the lakes up North. They take a chop very well,and are robust. We have put ours through some hard use and it keeps on ticking.
Highly recommended.
We have the 14' and run an 8hp Merc 2 stroke. 3 + dog = very comfortable.

Bill

2006 Chevy D/A CC
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

Eycom

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/12 08:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you're considering a Sea Eagle... go to Inflatable Boats 4 Less. According to sources, Tim and Crystal are about the biggest dealer for Sea Eagles and should have great prices.

RVn Full-time

BradW

Mayor of Flat Rock

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/12 04:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moving this thread to the Boat Forum........ I forgot, we don't have a Boat Forum.

Brad

Wake Up America
1996 Lance 500 and 2006 F-350 PSD 4X4 DRW
Our Truck Camper Photos

rexlion

Broken Arrow OK

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/12 09:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have read that the typical life of the seams on most of these is about 6 or 7 years, although some people get way more than that. But until they become unrepairable, they seem to do the job well and have plenty of happy owners. Saturn is another similar brand. If you need something compact, you'll probably appreciate having one of these.

Alpenliter

Fulltimer: Wherever we are!

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/22/12 11:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rexlion wrote:

I have read that the typical life of the seams on most of these is about 6 or 7 years, although some people get way more than that. But until they become unrepairable, they seem to do the job well and have plenty of happy owners. Saturn is another similar brand. If you need something compact, you'll probably appreciate having one of these.

I have been using my 8' SeaEagle for 20 years. Never had a failed seam, nor leak. I did try to install the wooden floor boards one frigid morning and pushed one through the bottom. Took it home, warmed it up and patched it with a piece of neoprene from a trashed float ski that I got from a dealers trash bin. Have been using it with this repair for the past 11 years. A great product!

My first Wife Linda, 45+years 2004 F-450 CC, DRW 6.0 Classy Chassis Upgrade Bulletproof Diesel upgrades 1997 33' Alpenlite 400 Watts Solar Lifetime Good Sam Member #39644174 Escapees SKP#89882 Vietnam Vet '67-'68 [

Note: Due to invalid formatting, all formatting has been ignored.

DonCurley

La Sal, Utah

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/12 10:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camper8251 wrote:

ArcticDodge wrote:

Camper8251 wrote:

Call me crazy, but isnt this forum for truck campers?

The OP has a truck camper. We all know many of the TC forum members are not very fond of outsiders. Many of the TC posts could easily fit into many of the other general RV'g categories.

True I do agree, but just because a person has a truck camper does not mean that you should post whatever you want in the forum. I would assume most people going thru this forum are looking for information having to do with truck campers, or something related to TC's or their P/U that is hauling the TC, or towing something with a TC installed. Not something about what a person thinks about a boat. I could understand if you were asking a question about towing a boat with a truck camper.

HUNTERJEFF wrote:

Putting the boat in the camper lighten up buddy

I agree ... lighten up. There have historically been a fair amount of boat related threads & posts in the TC forum. Those who aren't interested in boats (or other seemingly unrelated subjects) need not click on the thread in the first place. If a thread is too far afield, a moderator will surely move it to the appropriate forum.

-'07 Dodge 3500/QC/SB/SRW/4x4/6.7L CTD/6-spd auto/35" Toyo MT's/Ride-Rite air bags/RS9000XL shocks
-'07 Apex 8 fully optioned w/220W solar/2 T-145's/2KW Prosine/Honda EU2000i/Tundra fridge/AC/etc
-'00 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4x4, highly modified w/5.9L Magnum V8

CindyBR777

Arp, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/23/12 06:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't mean to be rude but some people are so anal about things. Let the guy ask his question....geeezzz

2008 Ford F-250 King Ranch 4x4 diesal
2011 Keystone Avalanche 290RL
1 Spoiled Rotten long-haired Chihuahua named "Cricket"
1 Very Sweet West Highland Terrier named Winston
1 Sweetheart of a husband, Charles

tuna fisher

joshua tree ,ca.

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/12 06:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, did this get off the subject....

• 2001 GMC Durmax
  • 2006 Wells Cargo
  • 1986 Honda CT110 Trail
  • 75' Honda CT90 1995 8'6" Lance Lite
26'Nomad 5th wheel

Klueck

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/12 09:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CindyBR777 wrote:

I don't mean to be rude but some people are so anal about things. Let the guy ask his question....geeezzz

agree!

We have two Sea Eagle 385 Fast Tracks. We love them. We went from hard sit on top kayaks to these. I was skeptical of inflatables until we found them. They are great. They track well, are comfortable and are easy to inflate. Ours are a little more difficult to deflate and dry because the 385's have an inflatable floor that needs to be dry underneath before storing.

Check out my blog if you want more info...just do a search on Sea Eagle.

Rv Travels with Karen and Al

the tc life

colbert wa.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/23/12 07:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Eycom wrote:

If you're considering a Sea Eagle... go to Inflatable Boats 4 Less. According to sources, Tim and Crystal are about the biggest dealer for Sea Eagles and should have great prices.

absolutely agree!

we have the se 370 kayak. the bag it packs into works great with the limited storage space in a tc. if getting a kayak and a sea eagle i recommend the se 370 over the se 330 if you are planning on 2 people using it at the same time. although they say the 330 is a 2 person, its very tight. the 370 is wonderful. the sea eagle has skegs on it to track the kayak in a straight line. they work great.
we bought a used one from inflatable boats 4 less. saved on the money and you cant even tell it was used. the used ones come with the same great warranty as a new one also.
its a great option to those of us with tc's that have space problems storing a kayak.

2010 adventurer 810ws
1999 c3500 dually 12' flatbed

THE TC LIFE

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Sea eagle boats
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts