|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ford F-150 eco-boost MPG

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Magblue10

Valparaiso, IN

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/12 05:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Dodgeboy I dont know what Ford sites you reed but as with anything there are some that are disappointed with there EB just as any other vehicle you would look up. Most of the folks are extremely happy with their EB, love the power and the MPG plus the fact that there is not another truck that has the interior features like the 150 accept maybe a close 2nd with the new 250. Its a shame you cant give credit where credit is due. The cummins is a great motor and well respected by most Truck guys even if they are not a dodge fan. Now with that said I hope you can see how that little six is doing things ahead of the competition.

NewsW

US

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/12 06:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fordlover wrote:

The hypermiling mavens from CleanMPG.com have completed a 2,500-mile cross-country trip in a 2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew using just three tanks of gas. They squeezed an astonishing 32.281 miles per gallon from the EcoBoost-powered half-ton.

CleanMPG drove a two-wheel drive model from California to Georgia with a conservative 3.15 rear axle for maximum fuel economy. That doesn't mean they didn't use the truck like it was meant to be used. There were five adults in the pickup for most of the journey plus a cargo box full of camping gear and supplies that pushed the F-150's gross vehicle weight to 7,120 pounds -- 20 pounds over its 7,100-pound GVWR.

The math creates an MPG illusion where people think they are getting a lot more than they actually are.

* This post was edited 05/23/12 06:52am by NewsW *

SeaRayder

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/12 07:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The haters gonna hate, but I love the best in class looks, comfort, features, payload, and towing of my 2012 Lariat HD EB 4x4 MaxTow Supercrew with the 3.73s.
Here are the facts
Hwy MPG: 19.5
City MPG: 16
Towing my Fiver MPG: 10.5
Interior: Nicer than the competition
Looks: Better than the competition (subjective I know)
Payload: More than the competition
Towing: More than the competion
Crew Cab 6 1/2ft bed: Not available with the Competition
0-60: Faster than the competion
1/4 mile: Faster than the competition
Look you dont have to like the EB F-150. Your not making the payments. But I have one and love it. It was worth every penny of the $41k I paid for it. But its kinda sad when people who don't own one trash it. Lets have the owners give their opinions of their trucks. They are they only people who can give a real evaluation. No more of this "well my brothers cousins uncle works with a guy who says his EB blew up after 100 miles" BS.

-SeaRayder

Current RV: 2009 Keystone Springdale 280FWIKSSR Fifth Wheel
Current TV: 2012 Ford F150 Heavy Duty Crew Cab EcoBoost Lariat 4x4

parkersdad

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/23/12 08:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SeaRayder wrote:

The haters gonna hate, but I love the best in class looks, comfort, features, payload, and towing of my 2012 Lariat HD EB 4x4 MaxTow Supercrew with the 3.73s.
Here are the facts
Look you dont have to like the EB F-150. Your not making the payments. But I have one and love it. It was worth every penny of the $41k I paid for it. But its kinda sad when people who don't own one trash it. Lets have the owners give their opinions of their trucks. They are they only people who can give a real evaluation. No more of this "well my brothers cousins uncle works with a guy who says his EB blew up after 100 miles" BS.

-SeaRayder

Everyone has an opinion but best in class looks oh my gosh. In my opinion other than the Nissan the Ford is worst in class. My family has always been a Ford family but they did not have a good V8 option. In my opinion the 5.4 is not a good option anymore. Now that I have owned a Dodge Ram I doubt I will go back to anything else. I will take cubic inches over a turbo any day. These are my opinions only.

SeaRayder

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/12 08:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

parkersdad wrote:

SeaRayder wrote:

Here are the facts

-SeaRayder

Everyone has an opinion but best in class looks oh my gosh. In my opinion other than the Nissan the Ford is worst in class. My family has always been a Ford family but they did not have a good V8 option. In my opinion the 5.4 is not a good option anymore. Now that I have owned a Dodge Ram I doubt I will go back to anything else. I will take cubic inches over a turbo any day. These are my opinions only.

I did say it was subjective...

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/23/12 08:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LOL, this is actually humorous, sad but funny none the less. Trashing other brands without facts does not make your brand better.Just makes you look small and bitter. Don't worry the pack will catch up in a while.

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

tomman

out and about....

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/12 08:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The lease on my 2010 5.7 Tundra ended recently and the DW and I purchased a 2012 F-150 EB Supercab 4X4. IMHO everything about the F-150 is better than the Tundra with the exception of the suicide doors and V8 rumble. Otherwise, the ride, mileage, features and comfort all go to the Ford.

NewsW

US

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/12 08:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SeaRayder wrote:

Here are the facts

-SeaRayder

Ford is first out with Direct Injection and Turbocharging (Ecoboost) and it is a winning formula.

For quite some time, I believe the extension of Ecoboost will spell the end of 50% or more of the light duty truck diesel market.

Enjoy your truck --- American innovation at its best.

Just wait for a 5.4 and 6.8 ecoboost --- it will come and wonder where will many diesel buyers go.

Perrysburg Dodgeboy

Perrysburg, Ohio USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/12 09:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SeaRayder wrote:

Here are the facts
Hwy MPG: 19.5 No best in class here and a far cry from Fords 23 MPG they claim.
City MPG: 16 see above
Towing my Fiver MPG: 10.5 the same as the others
Interior: Nicer than the competition Nope all nods have gone to the Ram here.
Looks: Better than the competition (subjective I know) see above
Payload: More than the competition Yes sir they are the king here
Towing: More than the competion see above
Crew Cab 6 1/2ft bed: Not available with the Competition see above
0-60: Faster than the competion And here is where the EB shines but not by much
1/4 mile: Faster than the competition see above

Look you dont have to like the EB F-150. Your not making the payments. But I have one and love it. It was worth every penny of the $41k I paid for it. But its kinda sad when people who don't own one trash it. Lets have the owners give their opinions of their trucks. They are they only people who can give a real evaluation. No more of this "well my brothers cousins uncle works with a guy who says his EB blew up after 100 miles" BS. No bothers uncle BS here. I as in ME talked to three vendors (the owners not bothers cousins uncle) that deliver gages to the plant I as in ME work at. All three have or had a new EB and two of them could could not wait to dump them. They both sighted the poor mileage and no 8' bed as the two main reasons. I asked why they bought it if it didn't come with a LB and they sighted fuel economy as the only reason. The one that is still running it also uses it as a daily driver and bleeds Ford blue, poor man JK. Bottom line as you put it your the one making the payments and your the one driving it so rock on. As for me, had Ford not screwed me so bad on four vehicles, I not only would still be buying Ford but I would be working at their Tool and Die plant. Yep was offered a job at Ford the same time I was offered my job at Chrysler. The main reason I'm with Chrysler is, 8 miles to Toledo Machining or 57 miles to the Ford plant. The wife and kids didn't want to move so here we are. Ford has a very good product/products check my other posts I say it all the time, just not in to the EcoBoost hype. As far as letting the "owners give their opinions, welcome to my world and RV.NET, this happens in every Chrysler/Ram post by some of the guys calling me out here.
-SeaRayder

On Sunday Jan. 26,2014 Toledo Fire department lost two Hero's in a fire.
God Speed Privates Stephen Machcinski and James Dickman. We will take it form here my Brothers.

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/12 09:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jayco-noslide wrote:

Believe me I have nothing against the new F-150 turbo V-6. No doubt a fine, powerful half-ton. But am I the only one underwhelmed by the gas mileage. What is it, about 22 highway I think. My 2007 5.2 V-8 Chevy will average a little over 20(that would go up to 21 or more if not 4WD) on interstate non-towing and get about 15 overall average. The advantage Ford claims doesn't seem all that impressive for 2 less cylinders. Certainly not enough better to be worth trading for or paying a lot for the option? Am I missing something?

Not quite sure what you want or what you think the Ecoboost should get for mileage?

The amount of cylinders really does not have much bearing on fuel mileage on a turbo engine. If you limited the amount of HP of a V8 Ecoboost to that of the V6 Ecoboost you would pretty much get the same mileage the V6 gets. The common rule is HP is HP. It does not matter if it comes from a N/A V6 or a N/A V8. A mechanical supercharged engine is a little harder on fuel than a N/A engine and the turbo engine is the worst of all but these are very small differences to begin with so there is not much difference in BSFC of all three.

Now days your only driving on the cylinders you need anyway. Remember the old Caddie 8-6-4 flop? This is common now days but they don't call it that anymore.

The reason people don't get good mileage with this truck while towing a big load up big hills is because that little 3.5L engine almost turns into a BIG 7L engine at WOT under full boost. That is a lot of inches to feed! Ever see the Indy race where they turn the boost down so they can get good mileage or turn the boost up to get more power? You can't have both.

Bottom line is you want the HP you have to pay for it either with diesel or gasoline because there are only so many BTU's in a gallon.

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ford F-150 eco-boost MPG
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts