|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Jayco owners

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
j-d

Sunny Florida USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/24/12 05:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On our cheapie '03 Escapade, tanks are open/under like jcsb's and have heater pads, switch in the bathroom.
We have the IOTA converter and it does not boil the battery. We have but one battery and I don't have to add water for months at a time. We can leave the coach plugged in with battery/converter ON without much worry. But I only do that when the coach is "up" for use, like fridge/propane detector ON. I don't leave it with battery on but nothing else on.
We're not original owners, but I'm pretty sure the IOTA does not have an optional anything connected to it to help control the charge.

God Bless, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100

jcsb

Sharonville, OH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/23/12 09:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a Melbourne 09. We have tank heater pads. They are attached to the bottom of the tanks. There is a sticker on the side of the coach advising such. There is a separate switch with a red toggle on the bath vanity below the electric outlet. There are 5 other switches located in another location on the same vanity.

Jim Hunter

myway2rv

York, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/23/12 06:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do not have a switched (independent) heater for the tanks either. The heater ducts run under the tanks and provide heat as long as you are running the house furnace. I have noticed that when I run the house furnace, the bathroom is getting more than its fair share of heat.
As to the Iota converter/charger; I purchased the add-on charge controller and plugged it into the unit. I have not boiled the battery since, but I should say that I am much more attentive to the water level now, as well.
Like many manufacturers these days, the owners manual for my unit is not very specific or accurate. But, this forum sure helps me for getting answers.
Hope this helps.
Happy Trails!

2005 Jayco 30 GS

ronfisherman

SE Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/23/12 05:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Heat to the tanks is provided by the furnace. Should be heat ducts going to the compartments.

2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A
TST tire pressure monitor system
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad
Kodiak Chassis Class C Forum

martin2011

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/12 03:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Iota DLS 12 and 24 volt power supplies (converter/chargers) are available with or without the IQ4 charge controller. Additionally, the IQ4 is available built-in to the unit or as an external add-on.

RV Park Reviews

dumboat2

seattle

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/12 11:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2003 Granite Ridge 3100. On the original manufacturers invoice it lists "enclosed heated holging tanks" as part of the package. The owners manual talks about heated holding tanks and mentions the switch to turn the heat pads on/off will be located in or near the bathroom. I have 5 switches in the bathroom, 3 lights, water pump, overhead fan. I do not see any other switch. Any ideas??? Any of you have any experience with the Iota converter/charger and boiling the battery as I did. Thanks for any info. Jerry

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Jayco owners
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS