|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Water Hose

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev
Sponsored By:
K3WE

Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/12 05:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NorthernLimits wrote:

Even if a garden hose contained lead, do people actually think that fast moving water in a garden hose will pick up enough lead to be harmful?

This is the crux of the argument...

It would probably be bad to leave a garden hose, hooked up without water flow....but filling the tank with the hose flushed out and wide open...

I will continue to drink from my garden hose, and to fill the fresh water tank, I guess I'll be paranoid and use the white one (well flushed).

tragusa3

upstate south carolina

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/12 02:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm new to travel trailers, just getting my first one. Plan to do the white hose and bring along a few gallons for critical stuff (like coffee!).

I see two common sizes, 1/2" and 5/8". Do you think the larger hose would give more flow? Or is there anything in the plumbing that restricts it? If the whole trailer is plumbed with 1/2", then probably doesn't matter.

Aspen Trail 15BH
2003 Chevy 1500 4.8l, 3.42 SOLD (but loved for 11 years)
2013 Ford F150 XLT, SCREW, 4x4, Ecoboost, Max Tow
Yamaha EF2400ishc

down home

south

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/12 03:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Filters, fittings especially the ones, from china, with 1/4 in holes, in them and water regulators restrict flow. The plumbing in the RV is
less than 5/8 probably 1/2. Don't know but doesn't hurt to use a 3/4 in hose to the filter. I had a one inch garden hose and itf lowed a lot of water even twisted and coiled all over the yard. Can't find one for over 20 years.
I don't think you will notice any difference with a 1/2 hose from faucet to RV.
What I would like to do is insulate the hose from faucet to RV somehow as a long run of hose gets hot and sun causes little greenies to blossom and hot water into the RV.

daytona7

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/12 09:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've tried the Blue Camco drinking water hoses, the White Camco drinking water hoses, with and without a softener and after about 6 months use, they BOTH start to provide water that makes an unflushed urinal in a public restroom smell like roses. Even enclosed the hoses in the black rubber pipe insulation and ran under my RV and still get the stink. I've got neighbors who have used the same white hose and even the garden type hoses for 3-5 years and never change the filters if they even have one, yet they never have a problem with smelly water. Had tried several outside water filters but they drop the water pressure to below 25PSI overnight. I just took off a Camco TastePur CXR90 filter that slowed the water seveal hours after installing. I've checked the main water connection so I know the smell comes from the hose.

daytona7

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/12 10:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got my first RV 4 years ago and found out that they now have Indoor plumming. After reading all of the postings, I've come to one conclusion. Most everyone here only uses their RV for short periods and the water hoses are also only used for short times and never lay in the heat and sun too long before being drained and stored. I live full-time in my RV and may spend up to 6 months at one RV park. I'm starting to think of getting some drinking water grade PVC pipe with quick disconnects, 2 short sections of hose and use that instead of a full length hose. Might even put a T connector and 6 inch nipple with a thredded end and a cap near the faucet to use to flush the line with bleach.
What say you old sages?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Water Hose
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS