Open Roads Forum

Print  |  Close

Topic: Big Foot Leveling Systems

Posted By: 125jack on 05/28/12 11:59am

Any input on these systems? I think I'm leaning towards this system over HWH. I have a 31ft Fleetwood class C. Any info will help good or bad. Thank you!!!

Posted By: n7bsn on 05/28/12 12:12pm

I don't own a set, but have heard nothing but good things about them

2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

Posted By: rvten on 05/28/12 12:48pm

Had a set on a class A. Worked very well.

Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+

Posted By: Dennis M M on 05/28/12 01:17pm

Added Bigfoot to our fiver right after we bought it. Best RV investment we ever made.

We had a couple issues early on, turned out to be a bad connection on the circuit board. Their customer support was outstanding, they even gave me a personal cell phone number in case we had an issue over a weekend before we got it in to the Florida location to be fixed.

Since then it has operated flawlessly.

'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

Posted By: darealmccoy on 05/28/12 01:30pm

I'm sure this is a very good system. I have been looking at it as well, and plan to have a leveling system installed before summer's end. My concern is that there do not seem to be many dealers. And, as such, I have to wonder how one would get it repaired should there be a problem. Whereas HWH seems to have dealers and authorized repairers all over.

I too have a 31' C, and would appreciate hearing from you if you go with the Bigfoot.

Dave

Dave and Anna McCoy "> ">
2012 Coachman Concord 301SS
2013 GMC Terrain Denali

Posted By: cal47 on 05/28/12 01:41pm

Had the manual system installed 2 months ago. Only had the chance to use them twice and I am very happy with them. Haven't had any problems al all. Now I can toss the leveling boards and lego blocks.

Cal & Donna
Starr (our Lab mix)
2000 FourWinds Chateau 31S
Rickson 17.5 Wheels and Toyo tires
Sani-Con Sewer Solution
Pressure Pro System
1996 Grand Cherokee Toad W/Ready Brake System
Rand McNally RVND 5510
Bigfoot Levelers

Posted By: GrumpyGator on 05/28/12 01:54pm

I have the automatic Big Foot on my Nexus. I'm tickled pink with it.

2015 Keystone Passport Elite 23RB

Posted By: ASPENMAN on 05/28/12 03:57pm

I have the Big Foot Auto system on my 31' Nexus - a couple of minor problems initially -- but their response and repair assistance has been wonderful - a very consumer oriented company.

BLOGS:
http://rvpainter.blogspot.com
http://art4rvs.blogspot.com
31' Class C NEXUS Phantom 4/4/12
Pressure Pro TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS/Surge

WiFi Ranger Mobile
Cab over entertainment center

Posted By: Home Skillet on 05/28/12 05:57pm

I have the Big Foot also. I did the install myself.

Only had one failure in the past 5 years, the retract solenoid on one of the jacks would not engage.I was able to manually jump the solenoid to retract the jack.

2005 Gulf Stream Conquest 31ft
BigFoot Levelers,SmarTire,Bilstein Shocks,Trans temp guage,Lowrace iWAY

Posted By: rvten on 05/28/12 06:20pm

There was mention at a Winnebago rally. That Winny is planning on using Quadra (Big Foot) system.

Posted By: golfknut on 05/28/12 07:40pm

We have them on our 31' Jayco.....love them.

2005 Jayco Granite Ridge 3100SS

Posted By: gmctoyman on 05/28/12 08:04pm

Had them on my 23.5' Lazy Daze, loved them. Now Elkhart, will go to White Pigeon tomorrow to have them installed on my 26.5 LD. Drove from Texas for the installation.

Edit....should have gone to Pearland, and visited Homeskillet.

Dave W. AKA "Toyman"
KE5GOH - On 146.52
RV's ? What RV's ???
Apache Pop-up
Classic GMC Motorhome
07 Leisure Travel Sprinter
Do Boats Count ?

Posted By: brlowe on 05/29/12 09:12am

Can someone tell me the installed weight of the Bigfoot system over other brands?
Having a 31 foot class C I would like one but do not want to add 200 pounds to my empty weight.

Posted By: rvten on 05/29/12 11:08am

brlowe wrote:

Can someone tell me the installed weight of the Bigfoot system over other brands?
Having a 31 foot class C I would like one but do not want to add 200 pounds to my empty weight.

Think you would go to there web site. See which model will work for you and than get the weight there.

Ones we had. Had there ownreservoiravoir. Could be removed and sent in for repairs and system was still usable. Some jacks bolt on or can be welded.

Posted By: Dave n Holly on 05/30/12 01:42pm

Just had em installed on our Class C,
GREAT people to deal with, I would install no other!

Just my 2 cents!

2009 Coachman Freedom Express 31
2009 Ford E450 Super Duty Triton V-10
">
Quadra Bigfoot Auto Levelers

Posted By: sask66 on 06/11/12 11:52am

Put them on our 06 Aspect. Had to off set the rear ones as a holding tank was in the way. They work great. Over extended them on a very un level spot. Had to call support on a Sat. afternnon. They called right back and solved the problem I had, Great product great support.

Posted By: golfknut on 06/11/12 03:49pm

sask66 wrote:

Over extended them on a very un level spot. Had to call support on a Sat. afternnon. They called right back and solved the problem I had

.....just for future reference what was the fix for the overextended levelers? [emoticon]

Posted By: GrumpyandGrandma on 06/11/12 04:45pm

sask66 wrote:

Over extended them on a very un level spot. Had to call support on a Sat. afternnon. They called right back and solved the problem I had, Great product great support.

If you had Power Gear you would still be waiting for an answer.

Grandma in front of her retirement home..
She lets Grumpy drive!!

Posted By: gmctoyman on 06/11/12 09:41pm

Gottem done, GREAT, folks and product.

Posted By: Dave n Holly on 06/12/12 09:10am

golfknut wrote:

sask66 wrote:

Over extended them on a very un level spot. Had to call support on a Sat. afternnon. They called right back and solved the problem I had

.....just for future reference what was the fix for the overextended levelers? [emoticon]

Also curious as to what the fix was for this....

Posted By: dgf79 on 06/12/12 11:10pm

Had the Bigfoot system factory installed the middle of May - wonderful people to work with. We couldn't be happier. Presently on an extended trip to Alaska and have used the system every night. Just push a button and you are level in about a minute. Sure beats putting blocks under the tires! The Bigfoot system is "power down and power up" - no springs to break. Also, each jack has its own pump and fluid supply so no space is used for a central pump and reservoir. I highly recommend this system!

Life is a journey - not a destination!

2009 Winnebago 24VR
Ford E450, 6.8L V10

Posted By: the trippers on 11/05/12 06:55pm

How much ground clearance would be lost by installing a Big Foot or HWH system on a Jayco Grey Hawk Class C?

2011 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS

Posted By: jdog on 11/06/12 02:15pm

n7bsn wrote:

I don't own a set, but have heard nothing but good things about them

From the guy who hears everthing.

Posted By: dgf79 on 11/06/12 05:12pm

Had the automatic system installed on our Class C before taking a trip to Alaska. Had it factory installed in White Pigeon, MI. Great people to work with. It only took two hours to do all of the work and then about another hour going over everything with us. I couldn't be happier after using this system every night for ten weeks with no problems at all. Strongly recommend the Big Foot system!

Posted By: cycletwo on 11/06/12 08:15pm

I had my Bigfoot installed by my RV dealer for 6 months. After a 4000 mile trip, I was not pleased with the stablizaton of my system. After sending pics to the Bigfoot company, they informed me the forward 2 jacks were mounted almost 2 feet too far to the rear. After rewelding, the system is far more stable. The installation instructions did not specify a precise location due to the large variety of possible rigs. After 2 shorter trips, I am very pleased with the system. If the parking site is not fairly level, you may still have to use some blocking beneath the Bigfoot legs. Often, one leg would need to exceed its max length to reach level thus needing blocking. I have had no mechanical problems.

Posted By: the trippers on 11/06/12 09:07pm

I had a Class A with leveling jacks that would drag on driveways that were even slightly steep.
Now have a Jayco Class C that clears every driveway so far and am wondering if adding power leveling jacks would significantly impair my ground clearance. Anyone with experience with this issue?

Posted By: Grandpa Joe on 11/07/12 11:45am

I have it on my 28 foot Class C, I believe it has an 18" throw so I carry about 12 short pieces of 2 X 10s, say a foot square to place under the pads which have a way to go to hit the ground,Some KOA sites are not level, state parks, etc. Glad I purchased it!

Posted By: sask66 on 06/13/12 03:42pm

When we
we over extended the levelers, the system froze. All lights stayed on and none of the buttons would react. I did hit the manual retract all and got them retracted. I thought that at least that way I could drive away without ripping them off. Called The tech and he told me to find the gyro power unit, under the seat in my application, unplugged the power to it for a minute, plugged it back in and everthing reset and was ready to operate again.

Posted By: sask66 on 06/13/12 06:59pm

To answer the question as to fix for over extended Big Foot levelers: Tech told me to unplug the power to the gyro, brains of the system. In my case it was under the driver seat. After unplugging for 1 minute, the system reset and I was able to use as normal. When it over extended it locked up. Lights stayed on, on the control box and none of the switches worked. I was able to push the emergency up and all came up, but nothing else worked. Unplugging corrected all.

Posted By: golfknut on 06/14/12 06:05am

Thanks for the info.

It's always good to know what to do when things don't go as planned when it's time to leave the campground.

The list of things that can go wrong is much longer on our present rig than what we encountered with our pop-up camper.....slide won't go in, levelers won't go up, electric awning won't go up, electric steps won't go in.....and that's all before we even start the engine. [emoticon]

Posted By: fredandkathy on 06/14/12 06:08am

I really like my Big Foot levelers. They are wonderful!!! Just last weekend I watched a guy with a 29' C level his with blocks and all I could think about was how easy the levelers make it.

Posted By: sask66 on 06/14/12 01:32pm

Tried to post this before but must have goofed up.
To answer the question of the fix for over extending the levelers, the tech had me un plug the power cord from the "brains". In our case, the box is located under the drivers seat. We unplugged for a minute and plugged back in. System reset and I was able to re level in a new spot. Worked well.

Posted By: myway2rv on 06/14/12 03:40pm

Oh man!
This thread has pushed my button. Gonna have to do the levelers, right after the new tires.
BIG bucks I'm sure.[emoticon] But heck, it beats trading up and taking on a payment.

2005 Jayco 30 GS

Posted By: the trippers on 06/14/12 09:13pm

Is there much of a loss of road clearance with the Big Foot levelers? I noticed that they sell 2 types, one that folds up and one that goes straight up, I suppose that the fold up type allows for more ground clearance.
My prior Class A dragged on the rear levelers when entering a driveway.

Posted By: Dave n Holly on 06/15/12 05:34pm

sask66 wrote:

Tried to post this before but must have goofed up.
To answer the question of the fix for over extending the levelers, the tech had me un plug the power cord from the "brains". In our case, the box is located under the drivers seat. We unplugged for a minute and plugged back in. System reset and I was able to re level in a new spot. Worked well.

Appreciate the info sask! Happy Trails!

Posted By: Ford 450 on 06/19/12 11:31pm

Installed the Bigfoot system 4 yrs ago. Works great with no issues. Worth every penny!!

Posted By: gerrym51 on 07/10/12 02:34pm

is there a way to make a bigfoot leveler retract if no controls will do it.

can it be hand retracted.

Posted By: rvten on 07/10/12 04:04pm

Yes you have to open the hyd line on the jack not working. Each jack has its own little hyd tank

Posted By: gerrym51 on 07/10/12 05:56pm

rvten wrote:

Yes you have to open the hyd line on the jack not working. Each jack has its own little hyd tank

thanks

Posted By: psmoore on 07/10/12 07:27pm

If you don't mind saying how much was it to buy and have installed?

Paul and Susan - 4 kids
2001 Winnebago Brave 35C

Posted By: gmctoyman on 07/10/12 08:51pm

~$4600 full automatic, installed in White Pigeon, MI on a 26.5 Lazy Daze.

Posted By: sask66 on 07/11/12 12:37pm

Installed automatic bigfoot system for about the same price as above. 4,500.00 at a welding shop in South Dakota. He was the closest installer recommended by Bigfoot. He did a great job. Anyone need a number or location for him, let me know.

Print  |  Close