|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Ice Cubes in toilet

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Camper JamesB

Wichita

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/12 08:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rgolding wrote:

Camper JamesB wrote:

To answer a few of the questions and to allow those that worry about wasting ice to sleep tonight, this what i do.

I use the geo method, calgon liquid water softener and laundry detergent. When I am ready to leave camp, I empty my left over ice from the cooler down the toilet. Then I drive to the dump station and dump it. Its usually not that far, certainly not a lot of miles. I didnt have anything else to do with the ice besides dump in on the ground, so why not? Even if it only helps to agitate the******a little, its better than dumping it on the ground.

Now that's an environmentalist.

Fairly far from an environmentalist, but I do like the geo method. In our first camper I was using chemicals and the smell was terrible when opening up the hot camper in 100+ degree KS days. I tried the geo method and have stuck with it.

Camper JamesB

Wichita

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/12 08:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntindog wrote:

Camper JamesB wrote:

To answer a few of the questions and to allow those that worry about wasting ice to sleep tonight, this what i do.

I use the geo method, calgon liquid water softener and laundry detergent. When I am ready to leave camp, I empty my left over ice from the cooler down the toilet. Then I drive to the dump station and dump it. Its usually not that far, certainly not a lot of miles. I didnt have anything else to do with the ice besides dump in on the ground, so why not? Even if it only helps to agitate the******a little, its better than dumping it on the ground.

COOLER???
My TT has a fridge, just like my house. I don't live out of a cooler at home, so why would I in the TT?

Yes cooler. I use the TT fridge as well, but I like to have drinks outside. Then I don't have to open the door and let bugs and all the heat in the TT. I also don't want to disturb son when napping to get a drink. I keep the TT in storage a few miles from the lake, so i need a cooler to bring food with me. I bring a couple extra bags of ice, two small bags go right in the TT freezer as soon as i plug the TT in. It help cool down the fridge so I can use it right away. It works for me

wrenchbender

Phx

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/12 09:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The best way, is to clean out the black tank. Than refrain from dumping kleenex in the tank, and use only septic safe TP.If you are not sure of the paper, a fast test is to rip off a sheet, and place it in a glass of water, cover the lid and shake it. If it breaks up its septic safe.Stays together its not suitable for the black water tank.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Ice Cubes in toilet
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS