|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Travel Trailers and Golf Cars

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Cecilt

Page

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/31/12 12:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would not worry about the age of a golf cart as much as the batteries. Just look for signs of rust especially if you buy an EZ-GO. Do you plan to keep it stock? No lift, same tires, same paint etc. I bought a 2002 EZ-GO that was re-painted, lifted 5", bigger tires, headlights and tail lights, rear view mirror, rear seat and new batteries for not much more than you are talking. Look around. I am also getting ready to install a stereo in mine in the next couple of weeks for our next outing to Ocean Lakes.

johnbhicks

Southeast

View Profile

Posted: 05/31/12 12:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just paid $1700 + tax for a 2006 Ez-Go here in northeast Georgia, no accessories such as rear seat, windshield etc. The going rate here for similar carts with those accessories is around $2400.

-C&J-
www.fugawetribe.com

zackyboy3rs

Eastern North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 05/31/12 01:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just confirmed the price that we had agreed to and the dealer said it was $2200 not $2000. Well I can not put here what I told him. Still looking. Thanks.

2009 Chevy Silverado LTZ 2500HD 6.0L, 3.73, Gas sipper
2011 Palomino Sabre 31 qbds

Cecilt

Page

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/31/12 01:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

zackyboy3rs wrote:

Just confirmed the price that we had agreed to and the dealer said it was $2200 not $2000. Well I can not put here what I told him. Still looking. Thanks.

I bought my cart in NC from a company that fixes them up. Randy's Golf Carts I think it was. They are on Craigs list. Just type in Randy's under the for sale section and you should find postings. He has ones for sale every week. Most are under $3k and are loaded less a stereo.

wbwood

Lake Norman, NC area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/31/12 02:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LadyRVer wrote:

We have a Club Car, electric. Just had to put 4 new 12 volt batteries in, about $550.00, but they should last 2-4 years, so we are told. We've had it now almost 3 years and enjoy it.

I hope you get more than 2 years out of them...we were told around 5 years...sometimes longer.

Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L
ACME Tow Dolly
2007 Toyota Yaris (Toad)

wbwood

Lake Norman, NC area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/31/12 02:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wills250psd wrote:

zackyboy3rs wrote:

Looks like Club Car or EZ Go will do good. Thanks for the help. Bikes look a lot cheaper right now.

$2200 for 2008 regular cart with back seat. How does this sound? 3.5 year old batteries.
Ocean lakes was selling there. 05 fleet with new batts for 1800-1900 each with a 30-60 day warranty. I am not sure if they have any left they were selling very fast. they had the roof and back seat and charger. good luck

We bought ours there. They are 2005 CC. The price was $1995 and the batteries were 2011 batteries. They only have a 30 day warranty. There were a handful left back in April. Pickings were slim. The roofs on them are 60' roofs and not the 80". We like ours...haven't done anything to it yet though. We use it daily to drop off and pick up daughter at school bus stop at entrance of our neighborhood. Sure beats my wife cranking up the F250 every morning and driving it to the bus stop.

wbwood

Lake Norman, NC area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/31/12 02:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A lift kit and new wheels/tires will run you at least $700 and higher...thats you installing...and that's depending on the lift kit... People have their preferences over manufacturers. Many go wit hthe Jakes lifts. Ocean Lakes can't stand then and install the Super Sport lifts from All Sports. They are a little higher priced than Jakes. To each their own I guess..

wbwood

Lake Norman, NC area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/31/12 02:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wills250psd wrote:

Just bought a club car and took it camping last weekend and it was great. Good luck

Mayberry allows them Will?

Wills250psd

walnutcove NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/31/12 03:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wbwood wrote:

Wills250psd wrote:

Just bought a club car and took it camping last weekend and it was great. Good luck

Mayberry allows them Will?
Yep! they will even help you unload them.

Wills250psd

walnutcove NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/31/12 03:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Brian we are going to HOLY RIDGE CG in booneville nc in a week and a half, and they allow them also. you will have to have proof of insurance at both cg's but it is very cheap thru progressive.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Travel Trailers and Golf Cars
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS