|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> My New Toy Hauler!!! 34' Eclipse Attitude

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Kevin8520

Orange County, CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/12 06:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rangerburger,

Do you still love your new rig? Have you found any issues yet? I know it's still early in the game..

I am trying to decide between the same trailer configured the same way you have it or this Forest River trailer: http://www.giantrv.com/DealerFiles/ListingView.asp?listingID=5201

2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab SRW -6.6L Duramax Diesel, Standard Bed, 4x4
2007 Yamaha YFZ450 Special Edition
DL: CA Non-Commercial Class A

Tow Rating: 13,000
5th Wheel Rating: 16,700
Max Payload: 3,123
GVWR: 10,000
GCWR: 24,500
Front GAWR: 5,200
Rear GAWR: 6,200

Kevin8520

Orange County, CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/12 08:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Also, does a triple axle trailer tow any better or reduce pin weight?

64thunderbolt

Az

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/12 02:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good lookin rig.

Just because the dealer has a bad rep doesn't mean you need any further dealings with them. Contact the mfg and get warranty work done someplace else.

* This post was edited 06/18/12 02:30am by 64thunderbolt *

Glen
04 Tail gator XT 34' 5th wheel garage model
99 F350 CC DRW 7.3 ais intake, adrenaline hpop, JW valve body,
cooling mist water inj, DP tunes, 4" turbo back exh sys
trucool trans cooler added
08 Arctic Cat Prowler 700XTX

64thunderbolt

Az

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/12 02:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kevin8520 wrote:

Also, does a triple axle trailer tow any better or reduce pin weight?

I have towed my friends tripple and I must say it's a lot better than my 2 axle. Less pin wgt and is more stable. My next one will be a 3 axle.

rangerburger

california

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/12 07:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I haven't gotten to take it on a trip yet. Oregon dunes at the end of the month will be the maiden voyage. I noticed yesterday that neither AC was working. I'll check the fuses today to see if any are blown. Any thing else I should check?
That dealer is 300 miles away from me so I wouldn't be going to see them anyway. I'm out in the sticks but did find a mobile rv repair business that will come to me when I need them.

Kevin8520

Orange County, CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/12 10:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rangerburger wrote:

I haven't gotten to take it on a trip yet. Oregon dunes at the end of the month will be the maiden voyage. I noticed yesterday that neither AC was working. I'll check the fuses today to see if any are blown. Any thing else I should check?
That dealer is 300 miles away from me so I wouldn't be going to see them anyway. I'm out in the sticks but did find a mobile rv repair business that will come to me when I need them.

You pulled it with a 2500 series truck right? Any issues at all with that tow vehicle when you were bringing her home? Also, what part of Cali are you in?

Thanks!

Kevin8520

Orange County, CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/12 10:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Also, what did you pay for your trailer? if you feel comfortable giving out that info I would appreciate it. You can private message me if you wish. I am in CA as well and I am wondering if they cost more being here..

jayhawk75

Oldsmar, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/12 05:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cleoent wrote:

Really nice looking rig.

We also purchased our first toy hauler from worst rv. Our microwave caught on fire, our gas leaked, and worst of all they didn't install my brake controller properly which i didn't notice for over 2 years!!!! 2 years of driving without trailer brakes.

NEVER AGAIN.

Mod Edit: Language

Cmon man!! How are you going to drive for two years without trailer brakes and not know about it? Don't you ever test your trailer brakes before you haul your trailer? Astounds me that someone is going blame thier ignorance and stupidity on someone else. Not that I condone or support "worst" RV but take a little ownership on your own mistakes when they are clearly in your power to remedy before you go and blame someone else.

2006 Ragen FS2600
2010 Dodge 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel Crew Cab
Yamaha Kodiak
Kawasaki KZ 650 Cafe Racer
Coast Guard HH-60 Jayhawk helicopter flight mechanic.
Stationed in Kodiak, Alaska

cleoent

San Jose

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/12 08:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jayhawk75 wrote:

cleoent wrote:

Really nice looking rig.

We also purchased our first toy hauler from worst rv. Our microwave caught on fire, our gas leaked, and worst of all they didn't install my brake controller properly which i didn't notice for over 2 years!!!! 2 years of driving without trailer brakes.

NEVER AGAIN.

Cmon man!! How are you going to drive for two years without trailer brakes and not know about it? Don't you ever test your trailer brakes before you haul your trailer? Astounds me that someone is going blame thier ignorance and stupidity on someone else. Not that I condone or support "worst" RV but take a little ownership on your own mistakes when they are clearly in your power to remedy before you go and blame someone else.

First time owner / operator. I thought they didn't work and something was a muck but the manual slider switch activated the brakes so I figured that's just how it was. The cable that connected the brake on my truck to activating trailer brake never was connected. The manual brake switch was.

When you have nothing to compare to, it is pretty simple to overlook. Now that I've driven with trailer brakes it is very obvious and I'll never overlook that again.

Grillmeister

BBQ TOUR USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/12 08:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jayhawk75 wrote:

cleoent wrote:

Really nice looking rig.

NEVER AGAIN.

Another one for the blocked list

Show me the GRILL and STAND BACK!!!!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> My New Toy Hauler!!! 34' Eclipse Attitude
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: