|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> ac leaking when it rains

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
214mrj44

quinlan,tx.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/12 10:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know tighten gasket bolts. Thats not the proublem,when it is running when raining leaks where cold air comes out. Dosent run water when dry outside and running.Is there a seal on the air intake or deverter for water? Is it sucking water from coil? Its a coleman mac 13500. My other ac did the same,cleaned filter and it stopped. Cleaned filters in 13500 didnt make a deference. thanks Mike

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/12 11:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The drain pan for the roof A/C unit has drain holes that allow rain water to drain off the units pan, if clogged up, the pan can over flow into the RV.

If that isn't it...time for a new gasket for the A/C roof seal...it can be compressed only so much before it gives out.

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

fred42

Charlotte, NC, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/12 11:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mike,

I had a similar issue with one of my coleman mac 13500s (Airxcel). Is yours nose down? Mine was nose down and would leak only when raining. During a rainstorm, I turned off the breaker and removed the lower cover. On the front side of the large opening, the side pointing down, you can put your fingers over the pan lip and see if water is damning up in the pan. Airxcel told me the manufacturer was supposed to drill out the 2 3/8" holes on the front of the pan in nose down situations. I had to drill them out and it fixed it. The spot for the 2 holes is already marked with indentations.

Just fyi, rooftop ACs do not have an external air intake. No fresh air is brought into the coach.

2001 F350 SC DRW V10 5spd 4x2
2012 Evergreen Everlite 31RKS-5
(2) 2015 Hobie Mirage Pro Angler 12 kayaks

randallb

On the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/12 03:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a a shower skylight leak that would come through the rear A/C in a heavy rain. On a Monaco product they have a layer of foam in the roof sandwich that really allows water to migrate. I am sure this is by design so that the water can migrate and eventually dry as opposed to just sitting in or on the luan.
Randy

214mrj44

quinlan,tx.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/12 05:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

THanks for info. As soon as it quits raining here in fl.will get up top and pull cover. It is internal leak and no leak around gaskets.Gaskets were replaced last summer. Thanks Mike

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> ac leaking when it rains
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS