RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: Anyone purchased a Tailgater recently?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Anyone purchased a Tailgater recently?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
starflyte1

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/12 04:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If so, would you mind telling me where you bought it and how much you paid?

I am leaving soon on a trip and would like to have a Tailgater set up, but am finding $500 the price, including the receiver. I think that by paying $500 you can get it by the month, but do not know if that includes the half price 12 month program. It is all very confusing and would like to hear from others what they have done.

For me, roughing it is a RV park without cable. I am one who uses my tt as a rolling motel room and bring my own guest room when I visit so the Tailgater would be nice to have. Plus cable in rv parks near where I visit is hard to find in SW Florida.

Thank you.
Pat

otbiker

Kerrville TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/12 05:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dyers RV Online

$349 free shipping

Marty & Martha in Kerrville

2013 Winnebago ERA

bob213

Fresno, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/12 05:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think $349. is without the receiver. If you have a Dish account(without the Hopper) you can get the receiver from them and just pay $7 per month for an extra receiver. You will not get local channels outside your viewing area (approx. 200 miles). If you want local all the time you will have to buy a package as a separate account and have them turn it on and off when you need it---"Pay as you go".
If you have Dish already, consider buying a dish/tripod setup and take a receiver out of the house. Need to learn to point and find sattilte though.

rvchick11

indiana

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/12 06:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have the tailgater love it, but we had to have a certain box for it, not the old one with dish

lj2654

weeki wachee, florida

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/12 06:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got a tailgater in februaryfor $350...but had to get a VIP211K receiver for dish too, and that was $125. The tailgater quit working already,and I had to send it back to the manufacturer. They are sending me a new one as they are backlogged about 2 weeks for repairing them. Mine quit searching left to right....said it must be a bad motor inside........guess thats my luck!

2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/12 08:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Makariosrv.com.
Free shipping and no sales tax. Ordered on a Tuesday about noon. Arrived the next day at about 4 pm.

starflyte1

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/12 08:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you activated your Tailgaters that were purchased from Makariosrv and Dyers? I have read that if you do not buy the Tailgater from Dish, that dish will not activate it. I quess that if you already had a Dish account that might help.

starflyte1

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/12 09:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just ordered a Tailgater from Mararios RV and it should ship today.

I am going to Camping World at Winter Garden and pick up a receiver.

Camping World is backordered for 2-3 weeks for the Tailgater but a Camping World 45 min. from home has a receiver in stock.

Thanks for all of the replies! There is no place quite like RV.net for good answers to questions! Thanks again.

rvchick11

indiana

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/12 10:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We got to Door County Wi. campground 2 wks ago, from Indiana, set out Tailgater put in zip code & 10 min, we were all set up & going..love it, & this wind hasnt blew it over

john b

anywhere USA!

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/12 10:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why not go with the wineguard and use your current receiver with no monthly charge it costs a little more if you shop hard but that is your only cost with no monthlys or additional receiver costs,JMHO jb
Plus I have heard directly of several folks having problems with either the dish or the receiver often A NEIGHBOR IS ON HIS THIRD DISH SO FAR IN 3 MONTHS!

2001 F 350 CC PSD 373 rear,auto
RBW X16 slider,Bedsaver,Prodigy,Fold A Cover,Pressure Pro!
2011 Crossroads Cruiser cf32mk Patriot edit. 5th wheel Fibreglass and all the goodies necessary,Dish,comfy loungers,and a nickel to spend,
Mr & Mrs and the PUP.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Anyone purchased a Tailgater recently?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS