RV.Net Open Roads Forum: had to put one of our gurls down today....

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

> had to put one of our gurls down today....

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Sponsored By:
wolfcat1

Vidor, Tx.

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/12 08:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Annie, our big black 100 pound fur baby has not been doing well lately...arthritis, heart, and respiratory problems etc...She was 14 years old, we had her for thirteen of those years...Is no longer with us, she is in a better place, and doesn't hurt anymore...For the last few days she could only walk a few steps due to the pain in her hind quarters...she loved to camp !!! On her last day on earth I ask her if she wanted to go to camp?.. She pulled her hurting body up, walked out of the house, down the deck stairs, and to the Suburban...Every step hurt her..but she was happy to be going to camp!! I had to lie to her, to get her to the vets office, I hate myself for this...She wouldn't let us help her up because she was hurting so bad, if we tryed to she would snap at us. Don't know how to end this post, I am a man, but I weep for my baby...

hallock5

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/12 08:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We weep with you. Put ours down 2 years ago, still hurts, and yet to replace. Until you meet her again at the Rainbow Bridge.....

2008 Jayco Eagle Superlite 28.5RLS
2002 Ford 4x4 SuperCab 7.3 (Jr International) Diesel

Sad to say, time to sell to a good home.

TallTeam

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/12 09:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

so sorry

cinscope

Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/12 09:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm so sorry. Don't hate yourself for lying. You did what was best for her, and she knows that. I'm sure she would thank you for ending her pain. You'll always miss her, but the day will come when the happy memories take over from the sad ones. May that day come soon for you.

path1

Wa State (wet side)

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/12 09:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had to print out and show wife. We are in same boat. It is a quality of life issue for your loved ones, you did the right thing.

1990 37 ft King of the road 5th wheel. Great carpentry, summer home
1997 33 ft Holiday Rambler, Never again will a new RV come into this family
2003 25 ft Majestic M/H, Old RV rental Best travel machine we've ever owned.

LQuig

Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/12 10:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nothing wrong with crying,, it hurts to lose a loved one,, no matter what kind. They become a big part of the family. We put our 9 yr old furry friend down 2 months ago, I cried, not a bit ashamed,,,We feel your pain, but remembering the good,happy times helps...Your friend will be with our friend,waiting at the bridge,,

Code2High

One hour past Nowhere, CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/12 10:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

She's camping at the bridge, and she won't be far away.

susan

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a wabbit, Fuzzy Wuzzy had a dandelion habit! RIP little Wuz... don't go far.

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/12 10:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm sure your big puppy knew deep down that you were sad, but I'm equally sure she knew you were showing her all the love you had for her one last time by doing the right thing.

None of my loving canine friends died gracefully of old age unfortunately. And it was hard to take that last journey with them to the vet...but I held each one in my arms and cradled their heads one last time...giving them the dignity and love that they deserved.

I'm considered a "hardened cop" with 30 years under my belt...but I too blubber like a baby when it comes time to say farewell. Never say goodbye...it just a "farewell till I see you again"!

I firmly believe that you'll see Annie again. And each one of my dogs will someday greet me in a big green grass field on a warm spring day with a sloppy kiss and a warm, fuzzy hug.

And I'll have a basket of tennis balls to throw!

God bless and keep her in your memory!

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

wolfcat1

Vidor, Tx.

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/12 11:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you to all my friends here...Sooper I am crying in the dark reading your post, but it made me feel much better...I too held my gurrls head while it was done..I looked into her eyes...words can't say more....luv ya my friend, vern

dturm

Munster, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/12 04:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So sorry for your loss. The companionship may be lost for now, but the memories will last forever and I believe you will see her again.

Doug

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

> had to put one of our gurls down today....
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS