RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Auto Levelers are the best!!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Auto Levelers are the best!!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
richfaa

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/12 07:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got them on our new 2013 Montana Big sky.They are awesome.We were at a unlevel side to side site and they lifted the entire left side wheels both axles ofthe 5th wheel off the ground to get it level. Don't feel comfortable with that although Lippert and Montana says it is OK.

2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky. 08 Ford F-350 6.4L

LostinAZ

At Home

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/12 08:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know where the 6 points of leveling are but I assume 2 are toward the rear, two are toward the front and two are near the center. If that is true then I see no reason why one should be concerned about one side's wheels being off the ground. Lippert frames are pretty flexible (maybe too flexible) but six levleing points ought to be adequate if the 6 point leveling system know how to equalize the load at each of the 6 points.

Dutch & Di

Livingston, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/12 09:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We feel the same way. We had the Big Foot installed on our older Carriage about 3 years ago. It works great. About a year ago we purchased the upgrade control panel and now a push of the button brings also brings our 5th wheel back up to hitch height. Ain't life grand!! Diana

2014 Western Brown Pearl single cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisin Transmission, Pace Edwards auto rolltop cover.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Susp, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Auto Leveling System, TST TPMS

richfaa

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/12 07:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LostinAZ wrote:

I don't know where the 6 points of leveling are but I assume 2 are toward the rear, two are toward the front and two are near the center. If that is true then I see no reason why one should be concerned about one side's wheels being off the ground. Lippert frames are pretty flexible (maybe too flexible) but six levleing points ought to be adequate if the 6 point leveling system know how to equalize the load at each of the 6 points.

That is about were they are.The manufacturer says that the entire camper can be lifted off the ground. It would be handy to change a tire.

As stated it does remember the unhitch point.If it could only back up the truck.

JEBar

Willow Springs, NC

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/12 07:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

after years of looking and trying to justify the cost, last year we had a Bigfoot Auto Leveling System installed on our 5er .... as this is being typed we are traveling cross country and our only regret is not having the system installed years ago .... our plan is to keep our current 5er until we can travel no longer but if we ever were to trade, part of the deal would have to be installing a Bigfoot system on the new one

Jim

'07 Freightliner Sportchassis
'06 SunnyBrook 34BWKS

Greentow

Dover, DE 19904

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/12 07:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our 2012 Cedar Creek came with the six-point Auto Level. It's awesome, after you learn some of the operating rules

[blue]2004.5 Dodge 3500 DRW QC, 4x4 LB, CTD 600 ,auto,w4.10 ,PAC Brake, Prodigy, : 2012 Cedar Creek 36 CKTS (loaded). Mrs Greentow & Missy & Maggie, Shih Tzu's with an attitude. USA(R). 30+ years in the Fire/EMS service. CCRVOC #29, GS Life member:B

Note: Due to invalid formatting, all formatting has been ignored.

buc1980

houston tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/12 08:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just come back from Indiana where I install the level-up on my 2005 Kountry Star .I use it for 5 days and I am very happy with it.

2011 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,Breaksmart controller(not install I use Ford controler ),Equa-Flex.6 points LIPPERD Level-up.

kennethwooster

Perryton Tx USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/12 09:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our Cameo came with the Big Foot. Didn't know anything could work that nice. Makes setup much faster.

kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

drhubka

Grass Valley

View Profile

Posted: 06/14/12 10:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ditto to everyone. I have been RV'n for 40+ years and would never guessed what would be added to RV's. 6 point leveling is the greatest.

Traveler II

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/14/12 10:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our Cameo has the Big-Foot system and it's great. On several on my wet-bolts I'm unable to get grease into them. I use the Big-Foot system lift the rig off the ground and have no problems adding grease. The best part of course is how easy it's to un-hook, self level and hook back up.

2011 Cameo 34SB3
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, Mor/Ryde pin box, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights Camped in 2011 - 165
Nights Camped in 2012 - 142
Nights Camped in 2013 - 186
Nights Camped in 2014 - 118

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Auto Levelers are the best!!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts