RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: New to Travel Trailers!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> New to Travel Trailers!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
drae0814

Sunny Cal

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/12 04:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

me to just sold my tent trailer at 42 i am tired of cranking up and down i love the 31ft TT don't really like pulling it yet the pup at 3000lb was much lighter but we love the super slide queen bed with a real mattress changed out the RV mattress that thing was all springs i started camping when i was 5 or 6 with my parents now i take my family camping every chance i get love the out doors have fun and be safe

enjoy life while you can

05 Dodge HEMI Quad Cab
03 Fleetwood Prowler 31G LS North West Edition
Draw Tite Weight Distribution ans Sway Unit
90885 Prodigy Break Controller

drae0814

Sunny Cal

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/12 04:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I forgot to add my Dodge got about 12 miles to Gal with the pup and the 31ft TT is averaging about 9-10 that is the bad part when you have a 28 Gal tank i just turn the counter off and drive to fun fun fun Your kids will remember this the rest of their life.

HappyTrails2U2

Tennessee is home but being held hostage in GA.

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/12 12:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tragusa3 wrote:

Hoping this little trailer won't change mpg very much.

It really doesn't matter what size trailer you tow you're gonna get about the same mileage as the rest of us get which is around 9 to 12 mpg just according to how fast you drive. Every mile per hour over 60 will make you think there's hole in your gas tank that's getting bigger by the minute. That's a little bit of an exaggeration but not by much.

Good luck to you.

2010 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8315BSS
2003 Chevy Silverado 1/2 Ton Extended Cab

redvert05

Fort Wayne, Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/12 05:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We recently sold our Teardrop, loved the economy of towing it with our Ford Foucs....28 mpg towing, 35 with just the car. But the TD got a bit tight for us! So we bought the Cabin A this spring and have had it out for a few trips. Towing it with a Ford Escape 2.5L 4 cyl. Towing we are averaging about 19 mpg....best we have seen with a tail wind was 22 mpg. Just the Escape will pull down about 32 hwy with nothing behind it. The sloped front on the TT is what is helping us out on the MPG, with the fact of the dry weight is about 1400 lbs.

Enjoy the TT when you get it, and don't watch the gas gauge...just the scenery!

2006 Cabin-A3 Expedition, 2009 Ford Escape XLT 2.5L 4cyl Auto

tragusa3

upstate south carolina

View Profile

Posted: 06/14/12 06:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, they have it all prepped and ready for me at 9am tomorrow morning! Can't wait. My sway tab hitch receiver came in from Curt this morning. Just put it all together.

Camping in the driveway tomorrow night! More pictures to come.

Aspen Trail 15BH
2003 Chevy 1500 4.8l, 3.42 SOLD (but loved for 11 years)
2013 Ford F150 XLT, SCREW, 4x4, Ecoboost, Max Tow
Yamaha EF2400ishc

tragusa3

upstate south carolina

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/12 02:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Then 60mph it is!

I appreciate all the feedback. The gas mileage comment really wasn't intended to come across as a huge deal. It is what it is. I'm surprised to hear that weight doesn't play much of a role, but truely, I'm over it before I even start.

I've got three sets of reservations lined up already! Next weekend will be a two nighter near Lake Keowee, SC; In August we'll be on a 4 nighter in Hunting Island, SC and then mid October a two nighter on the water at the Davidson River campground in the Pisgah National Forest near Brevard, NC!

I'm sure we'll fill in a few random weekends between, but I wanted to get in some early reservations for a few nice places.

Up at 4:30 this morning. Watching the clock tick until the dealership opens...

bakerkids

IL

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/12 08:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oh, how I'd love to be at Hunting Island again. I wish it weren't so far for us. Enjoy your trips.

My daughter and I went to Hunting Island the first of May. Here's our site:

Me '62, DH '59, DS '89, DD '90, DD '92
4 K9s
Our photos

aquarious

Marion Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/12 10:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WARNING!!!! Your 30 AMP is 120 volt not 240 volt. Make sure before you plug in that you have the propper voltage. ED

Downwindtracker2

BC

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/12 08:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The trailer 30amp plug is 110 volt,not 220,you got lucky there with the dryer plug.You can get a adapter so you can plug into 15amp 110.

Adventure before dementia

tragusa3

upstate south carolina

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/12 01:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We're about 4.75 hours from Hunting Island. Not close, but close enough. It's definitely worth the drive.

Picked up the trailer this morning! All went smoothly. A few minor surprises.

- appliances were not the Dometic that I saw in the other unit. The air is "Advent" and the fridge is "Norcold". They look exactly the same as the Dometics....I did notice the warranty on them is a little shorter.

- 3 little nitpicks on fit and finish. But it is about the cheapest TT you can find, so overall its an A+

- expected that 30amp would plug into my dryer outlet and now see that it won't! hmmmmm I guess I'm going to run a 30amp service out of the breaker box and up to the driveway.

- I see what you guys mean about wind resistence. I had to pay attention to hold 55 on the way home. My usual light foot would have me loosing speed.

Hope to get a few photos out later this afternoon!

tony

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> New to Travel Trailers!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS