RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Toy Haulers: Which american 16" LT tires?

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

 > Which american 16" LT tires?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
64thunderbolt

Az

Senior Member

Joined: 06/18/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/30/12 01:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joebedford wrote:

64thunderbolt wrote:

check out the Goodyear G614's They are load range G, 14 ply regroovable commercials. Mine are the orig from 05. Spare still has the sticker. I have owned it since 07 and never a flat. 7 yrs old in this heat here in Az is something else. But they are pricey. Cheapest I found this week is $323 a copy.

Where did you find them for $323 each?

Also, my local GY dealer told me two days ago that the tire has been discontinued. Trying to find out about that for sure.


I went online and found 3 or four places. Discount was one that comes to mind. Google it and see what you find. If it's discontinued maybe the websites are not up to date. If so I'm sure they have replaced it with something comparable. Very popular tire for lowbed semi trailers.


Glen
04 Tail gator XT 34' 5th wheel garage model
99 F350 CC DRW 7.3 ais intake, adrenaline hpop, JW valve body,
cooling mist water inj, DP tunes, 4" turbo back exh sys
trucool trans cooler added
08 Arctic Cat Prowler 700XTX

joebedford

at stick house

Senior Member

Joined: 09/03/2003

View Profile



Posted: 06/30/12 06:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

64thunderbolt wrote:

joebedford wrote:


Where did you find them for $323 each?

Also, my local GY dealer told me two days ago that the tire has been discontinued. Trying to find out about that for sure.


I went online and found 3 or four places. Discount was one that comes to mind. Google it and see what you find. If it's discontinued maybe the websites are not up to date. If so I'm sure they have replaced it with something comparable. Very popular tire for lowbed semi trailers.

I hope they're NOT discontinued but that's what my dealer to me GY said and that they're just using up inventory. If they're still available when I get to Texas this winter I'll replace the other 4 on my trailer with them.

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

Senior Member

Joined: 09/14/2003

View Profile



Posted: 07/01/12 12:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The R250 and G614s are apples vs oranges. They doen't compare.

The G614 is a load range G tire 110 psi rated 3750 lbs capacity. Four of them = 15000 lbds of capacity

The R250 is a load range E at 80 psi and 3042 lbs of capacity and work great on 6k axles. Four of then = 12168 lbs of capacity.

Early years of production G614 has had issues prior to the '08/'09 era. Goodyear made changes after a certain date so maybe there fixed.

We don't hear of tire issues with the R250 when used on a trailer.


"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

jimmyfred

Tx

Senior Member

Joined: 04/03/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/30/12 06:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joebedford wrote:

64thunderbolt wrote:

joebedford wrote:


Where did you find them for $323 each?

Also, my local GY dealer told me two days ago that the tire has been discontinued. Trying to find out about that for sure.


I went online and found 3 or four places. Discount was one that comes to mind. Google it and see what you find. If it's discontinued maybe the websites are not up to date. If so I'm sure they have replaced it with something comparable. Very popular tire for lowbed semi trailers.

I hope they're NOT discontinued but that's what my dealer to me GY said and that they're just using up inventory. If they're still available when I get to Texas this winter I'll replace the other 4 on my trailer with them.



http://www.easternmarine.com/.......
..........Go here , they have GY 614's AND steel wheels for $ 293 ! , jf


2003 Chevy 8.1 Dually 2Wdr.
1999 Travel Supreme , 33 RLSS
20K Reese , Prodigy etc.

gpshemi

Lapeer, Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 10/27/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/01/12 07:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

18,252lbs on a triple. ;-)


GPSHEMI

06' 3500 Dodge Ram Megacab 4x4 w/ bombed 5.9L
18K Pullrite SuperGlide w/super rails
2010 Heartland Cyclone 3612


rerod

Iowa

Senior Member

Joined: 11/19/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/30/12 11:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

64thunderbolt wrote:

joebedford wrote:

64thunderbolt wrote:

check out the Goodyear G614's They are load range G, 14 ply regroovable commercials. Mine are the orig from 05. Spare still has the sticker. I have owned it since 07 and never a flat. 7 yrs old in this heat here in Az is something else. But they are pricey. Cheapest I found this week is $323 a copy.

Where did you find them for $323 each?

Also, my local GY dealer told me two days ago that the tire has been discontinued. Trying to find out about that for sure.


I went online and found 3 or four places. Discount was one that comes to mind. Google it and see what you find. If it's discontinued maybe the websites are not up to date. If so I'm sure they have replaced it with something comparable. Very popular tire for lowbed semi trailers.


The easternmarine.com price is great with a wheel.. Are these GY G614's a notch above the Duravis R250? I know the numbers are better.. But is it a better tire? Price is to close not to consider..


1995 E350 6bt/nv4500, 2006 Featherlite 24' surv toyhauler, 2007 DRZ400s well farkled, 1985 Vmax stock, 1985 Vmax custom

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

Senior Member

Joined: 09/14/2003

View Profile



Posted: 07/02/12 05:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jimmyfred wrote:

JIMNLIN wrote:

The R250 and G614s are apples vs oranges. They doen't compare.

The G614 is a load range G tire 110 psi rated 3750 lbs capacity. Four of them = 15000 lbds of capacity

The R250 is a load range E at 80 psi and 3042 lbs of capacity and work great on 6k axles. Four of then = 12168 lbs of capacity.

Early years of production G614 has had issues prior to the '08/'09 era. Goodyear made changes after a certain date so maybe there fixed.

We don't hear of tire issues with the R250 when used on a trailer.



.............Can't we safely assume that a tandem axle 5'ver is 80% on the tires and the other 20% is on the tow vehicle ?? So , 5 x 3042 = 15,210 !! , jf

Many tandam axle GN/5th wheel trailers fit in the 20 percent hitch weight areana. However tandam axle trailers have 4 3042 lb capacity tires on the ground = 12168 lbs.

jimmyfred

Tx

Senior Member

Joined: 04/03/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/01/12 09:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JIMNLIN wrote:

The R250 and G614s are apples vs oranges. They doen't compare.

The G614 is a load range G tire 110 psi rated 3750 lbs capacity. Four of them = 15000 lbds of capacity

The R250 is a load range E at 80 psi and 3042 lbs of capacity and work great on 6k axles. Four of then = 12168 lbs of capacity.

Early years of production G614 has had issues prior to the '08/'09 era. Goodyear made changes after a certain date so maybe there fixed.

We don't hear of tire issues with the R250 when used on a trailer.



.............Can't we safely assume that a tandem axle 5'ver is 80% on the tires and the other 20% is on the tow vehicle ?? So , 5 x 3042 = 15,210 !! , jf

gpshemi

Lapeer, Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 10/27/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/02/12 04:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd guess it would depend on the manufacturer, but Heartland doesn't allow that math.

machunt

cincinnati ohio

Full Member

Joined: 01/19/2006

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/05/12 07:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Like i said in a earlier post i have 5200lbs azles dual and approx 11,000lb 5th wheel ive narrowed it down to Firestone ht, bridgestone r250(duravis) or bf goodwrench ta which is the best fit? i do tow approx 2 thousand miles a year

Yhanks guys i do appriciate it

ps r250 259.00 out the door inc tax
firestone 150 out the door
Ta ?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

 > Which american 16" LT tires?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS