RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Toy Haulers: Which american 16" LT tires?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> Which american 16" LT tires?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
rerod

Iowa

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/12 04:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2BlueHeelers wrote:

I had to order my R250's from Americas Tire, they had them shipped in from Biloxi.

Doesn't look like Americas Tire stocks them now. I can find them for $250 shipped. Trick will be to find someone local who will sell/mount them close to that price.

1995 E350 6bt/nv4500, 2006 Featherlite 24' surv toyhauler, 2007 DRZ400s well farkled, 1985 Vmax stock, 1985 Vmax custom

gpshemi

Lapeer, Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/12 04:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Costco $220.

GPSHEMI

06' 3500 Dodge Ram Megacab 4x4 w/ bombed 5.9L
18K Pullrite SuperGlide w/super rails
2010 Heartland Cyclone 3612

rerod

Iowa

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/12 04:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gpshemi wrote:

Costco $220.

Thats funny.. A costco is opening Wednesday in my neighborhood.

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/12 08:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2BlueHeelers wrote:

rerod wrote:

Is the M895 the same as the R250 except for the tread pattern?

There are differences; you be the judge on what fits your needs
M895 R250

IMO same tire with a different tread pattern. The R250 tread pattern is a classic example of what a tread on a trailer position should look like. With three solid ribs it compares better to the XPS Rib from MIchelin.
The 895 withe its block patter makes a better tread for a drive/steer tire on the truck. Either one will beat any ST brand for reliabile trailer service.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

mapguy

Puget Sound

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/12 09:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rerod wrote:

2BlueHeelers wrote:

I had to order my R250's from Americas Tire, they had them shipped in from Biloxi.

Doesn't look like Americas Tire stocks them now. I can find them for $250 shipped. Trick will be to find someone local who will sell/mount them close to that price.

Americas/Discount Tire will not have the M895 in their computer. They don't normally cater to the market that buys these tires. They can get it without problem in a couple of days. They should have the R250 in the computer. They will price match costco or anyone else with documentation.

The M895 does have an All Season rated tread. I chose it after a discussion with Bridgestone Tech concerning my usage. Up here in the PNW we get all kinds of weather from dry fairly warm to cold snow with lots of rain in between. Since I tow in most all these conditions some I chose the tire that will wear good -rib/closed shoulder design but had biting edges/rain grooves to help braking in adverse conditions with a tough as nails carcass/tread for all the rocks found on National Forest roads.

rerod

Iowa

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/12 09:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mapguy wrote:

rerod wrote:

2BlueHeelers wrote:

Americas/Discount Tire will not have the M895 in their computer. They don't normally cater to the market that buys these tires. They can get it without problem in a couple of days. They should have the R250 in the computer. They will price match costco or anyone else with documentation.

The M895 does have an All Season rated tread. I chose it after a discussion with Bridgestone Tech concerning my usage. Up here in the PNW we get all kinds of weather from dry fairly warm to cold snow with lots of rain in between. Since I tow in most all these conditions some I chose the tire that will wear good -rib/closed shoulder design but had biting edges/rain grooves to help braking in adverse conditions with a tough as nails carcass/tread for all the rocks found on National Forest roads.

My new costco has the R250's for $212. Cant beat that! I was tempted to go with the M895 for the all season tread. But the lower cost and 10 lb higher weight on the R250's has me sold.

mapguy

Puget Sound

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/12 09:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

R250 is not 10# heavier. Bridgestone has some specification issues on their retail website pages. Here is the best place for specs:
http://www.trucktires.com/bridgestone/us........books_pdf/B_MediumLightTruckDataBook.pdf

R250 / M895 are the same carcass tire with different treads.

$212 is a decent price on a tough as nails tire.

mapguy

Puget Sound

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/12 08:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

machunt wrote:

is there a bbig difference between firestone transforce ht and m895 and the r250s. i need to replace my st 235 80 16

Biggest difference is the carcass construction. Transforce is polyester -the R250/M895 are both steel.

Transforce has All Season highway tread. R250 is summer rib tread. M895 is All Season rated rib tread design.

Tranforce is about 40#.
R250/M895 is about 60#.

A lot more meat to the R250/M895.

64thunderbolt

Az

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/12 01:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rerod wrote:

64thunderbolt wrote:

check out the Goodyear G614's They are load range G, 14 ply regroovable commercials. Mine are the orig from 05. Spare still has the sticker. I have owned it since 07 and never a flat. 7 yrs old in this heat here in Az is something else. But they are pricey. Cheapest I found this week is $323 a copy. But they have held up really good. The best thing is they are used on lowbed heavy haul semi trailers. Rated for 75mph @ 110 psi cold. Don't think they come in 15" though. Mine are 235/85/16. Just some FYI.

Also I did some research and found they use different oils and add a uv protectant in the compound. I always use a dressing and cover them.

Nice testimonial on those 7 year old G614's Interesting about the oils and UV treatment. How long before you estimate you will need to replace them? They still look good?

I Still haven't bought the BFG's I priced out because I forgot to mention I have boon-docking plans. Blowing a tire on the highway is a easy fix compared to where I'm going.

Of all the tires spoken about here.. Which would be best for a rocky/muddy Colorado road?

offroad trailerhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wk6KJXeOM0k#!

7 yrs old, 80% tread and regroovable if they last that long. Expensive but with a life like this might be a bargain in the long run. I check them every trip. So far no cracks on sidewalls or between the ribs so Who knows when they'll let go. But in this dry climate & high temps I'm impressed. I have 7500# axles trlr wgt loaded is over 13K. They ride really well. Never feel the trailer much. I only camp in the woods. I've been on some pretty rough rocky trails in northern Az every trip so they are tough. But @ $323 a copt they better hold up.

Glen
04 Tail gator XT 34' 5th wheel garage model
99 F350 CC DRW 7.3 ais intake, adrenaline hpop, JW valve body,
cooling mist water inj, DP tunes, 4" turbo back exh sys
trucool trans cooler added
08 Arctic Cat Prowler 700XTX

machunt

cincinnati ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/12 08:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

is there a bbig difference between firestone transforce ht and m895 and the r250s. i need to replace my st 235 80 16

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> Which american 16" LT tires?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS