|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Leisure Vans

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Bordercollie

Garden Grove, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/12 11:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A Class B is almost small/short enough to be a practical daily transportation vehicle as well as a 2-person touring/short term camping and "hobby support" vehicle especially with the diesel engine. It may be possible to run up enough miles in ten years or based on it's versatility to offset the high original purchase price. The most useful and versatile vehicle we ever owned was a 72 Dodge Maxi Van camper conversion with only basic amenities. Rear gaucho dinette made into a bed, had an overhead telesoping bed for two kids and an overhead bed/shelf area, sink, water tank, 2 burner stove, ice box and a porta potti room, swivelling passenger seat and an awning. Dinette rearranged into a flat cargo hauling area with rear and side door access, useful in local moving, bringing home furniture, etc. We made trips with kids from CA to WI and Canada, plus hundreds of local camping trips.

mumkin

Minnetonka, MN

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/12 08:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bordercollie wrote:

The LTV Chevy gasoline version is a lot cheaper probably gets 11 mpg, easier to get service on the road.

This is what sold me on the Libero, even though I love the look of the Sprinter. I have averaged 12.5-12.8 mpg on my 4 extended trips on all sorts of roads ... mountains and flats ... lots of wind on the prairies ... including exercising the generator on schedule. I don't tow and travel pretty light.

Using it as a daily driver in urban Arizona, I got 8.5-9.5 mpg. It cost me one gallon of gas to get from my RV Park to Curves.

The service issue was also a big factor for me as there are so few places to get service in the prairies. The new Sprinters seem to be pretty dependable, but I didn't want to have to deal with the 400 mile tows to find a dealer that I was reading about in some forums just in case I got that lemon.

I love my Libero, but many of the points that ClassBGirl made about their new Regency are why I spent a year debating between these two models.

Mumkin
2011 LTV Libero

Hope2BRVn

New York

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/12 06:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What we really like about the MB is the fact that the entire rear is the bathroom.
I've seen other companies with great floorplans, but they happen to be based on Ford platforms. I would consider Chevy and the Serenity if it had a slideout.
Sorry Ford owners,don't jump ugly on me. I just think Chevy builds a better engine.

Oh well. The first step is to sell our house. It goes online Monday morning.

Hope to see some (or all) of you on the road.

Bordercollie

Garden Grove, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/12 07:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Small motorhomes/campers always remind me of a Mickey Mouse cartoon about a jalopy with a trailer, where everything folded-out, including a picket fence and flower garden with a fake backdrop of the great outdoors, inside everything also converted into something else including a fish tank. IMHO, if you try to pack all of the comforts of home into a small van, with electric motors lowering and raising or sliding things in and out, I think of the potential for electro-mechanical problems and the hapless owner somewhere in the forest trying to figure out what's wrong and trying to fix it.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Leisure Vans
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS