|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
DanTheRVMan

fl

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/12 08:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I went to a Speedco in Oregon last year and was not impressed. They entered one of my fuel filters or fuel separators as Miscellaneous instead of entering the number of the part. I had called ahead several day prior to my arrival and they did not have the oil filter for my generator even though I had given them that information as well.

Stopped at Speedco in Denver today. Again I called ahead as I wanted the engine airfilter changed. What a difference. They did not have the air filter on site as they were not sure I would show up and did not want the hassle of a return, but they ordered it and picked it up at the parts center in 10 or 15 minutes. Similarly with the "misc" fuel filter or seperator that had not been logged into my record they got that in 10 or 15 minutes.

Now I think there is an advantage to a city like Denver due to it's size and plentiful parts suppliers and a smaller town in Oregon. I also think the Denver Speedco is just run better.

I did not need a generator service this visit, but would return to a Speedco for service in a large city. Good service in Denver at a reasonable price.

Dan
Allegro Red 36ft

The Texan

Cascade, Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/12 08:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have used the ones in Fernley NV, Casa Grande AZ and the San Antonio TX one twice. All 3 gave good service the first time, but on the 2nd visit to San Antonio, it was a 180 difference from the 1st visit. The "new" manager was, IMO not interested in servicing RVs and his attitude went out to the bays. The floors were filthy with oil and diesel fuel, to the point I would not stay in the bay and watch. Do I fault Speedco, nope, just that particular station with that new manager. I did take the time to send an email to their risk management group, but I will use them next time, as they generally do a good job.

Bob & Betsy(FishNFanatic) - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"
'05 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, 400 Cummins-Pulling our '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2010 Rzr or 2007 Grizzly 450 in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

BobGed

Carson City, NV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/12 10:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Texan wrote:

I have used the ones in Fernley NV, Casa Grande AZ and the San Antonio TX one twice. All 3 gave good service the first time, but on the 2nd visit to San Antonio, it was a 180 difference from the 1st visit. The "new" manager was, IMO not interested in servicing RVs and his attitude went out to the bays. The floors were filthy with oil and diesel fuel, to the point I would not stay in the bay and watch. Do I fault Speedco, nope, just that particular station with that new manager. I did take the time to send an email to their risk management group, but I will use them next time, as they generally do a good job.

Sorry to hear about your subsequent problems at San Antonio, but glad to hear a positive on Fernley, NV, as that's where I'm headed in a couple of weeks for my virgin Speedco experience.

2009 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/12 01:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've gotten a bad hamburger at a Mickey D's once but I still go there from time to time...manager's do make a difference.....JMHO...I use the one in Casa Grande for my annual service. Much cheaper than a dealer.....Dennis

MY SENSE OF HUMOR IS THE MAIN REASON I'LL MOST LIKELY GO TO HELL !
Dennis and Debi Fifth Year Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
Chevy HHR W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

The Texan

Cascade, Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/12 07:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If anyone has a legitimate complaint with a specific Speedco center, the contact for their risk management manager is Josh Downing at JDowning@speedco.com

He is responsive to complaints, but he will require some very specific information to the complaint, so give him a chance.

ryanallie1

Magalia, Calif

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/16/12 07:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi All.

Why don't you do as we do. We always carry a spare "Air Filter" and an "Oil Filter" and "Oil" for our Generator. This way we don't have to count on anyone, any time, any where.

Good Luck. Happy Travels. Dan & Jill

1998-33.5 Rexhall, Rexair SL. 460 EFI. F-53. 7.3 MPG. TST TPMS. HWH Levelers. 5.5G Gen. Convection/Microwave Water Purifier/Water Softner. 2 A/C's. Alarm Systems. Honda EU2000i's W/Kit. Steer-Safe. CR-V W/SMI System. FMCA #F414397 Nam-Vet, 66-67-68&70-71

norwestie

West Linn, OR

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/12 09:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a bad experience with Speedco south of Portland. While changing the oil filter, the tech shorted his wrench out against the hot terminal of the starter, twice! The coach wouldn't start for four hours. They had to call a mobile tech to come get it running again. And they wanted me to pay for the mobile service. I refused that and demanded a discount on the service I originally went in for.

2000 Monaco Dynasty 40'
2010 Subaru Outback toad

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS