|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Thanks

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
haste maker

alabama

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/12 04:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To all the people that told me about the PacBrake...I just got back from a trip after installing the PacBrake...what a great brake, it made the trip so much better than before the PacBrake

Retried Teamster
2007 Dodge
2012 Sierra
2002 Honda Goldwing

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/12 05:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your spoiled now and you'll never be able to go back to living without one!
Mine has been great too. We travel over two mountain passes on a regular basis with our TT and it makes coming down the hills a pleasure.
Enjoy!

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins (lightly bombed),
2004 Forest River 25RKS many, many mods.
POS H0NDA eu2000i

45Ricochet

North Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/12 07:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bailer6334 wrote:

FYI, I'm glad your having better luck with yours than I did. I had a RAM 2006 5.9L diesel and installed one in 08. Worked great for the first 1+ year, than would stop working in the Arizona desert. Called the factory and was told they would not work above 110 degrees and to move it from the top of the engine to the passanger inside fender. Moved the compressor and got significant vibration and still cut out intermittently. Called the factory again and was told mine was only the second RAM of that year to have the problem and it must be in the RAMs on board computer. So sorry could not help. Good-by.

While I didn't have a very good experience, they are still a good unit on most trucks.

Interesting I've not heard that before. So it is the compressor or what? I mean 110* is nothing under the hood. I know the Jacobs has been known to have pump issues after many thousands of miles, but nothing to do with heat. Something sounds wrong to me, I'd give em another call.

06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
GVWR 12,200 RAWR 9350
06 Grand Junction 34' High profile 15500 GVWR 3200 pin Mor/ryde 5500 Onan genny Dual A/C Wet bolts
27' Hallett 502, 500HP

45Ricochet

North Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/12 08:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bailer6334 wrote:

It was the compressor. As relayed above this is what they told me. Don't have to worry about it anymore as I have a intergrated EB on my new Chevy. BTW, I have used the new EB thru the Eisenhowser Tunnel I-70 both towing my 12K 5er and empty and it is fantastic. Never touched the brakes either side both towing and not towing.

Yeah I've known the feeling on that road since 2006 also. Some of the bigger grades I do need to use the service brakes though

bailer6334

Prescott, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/12 07:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FYI, I'm glad your having better luck with yours than I did. I had a RAM 2006 5.9L diesel and installed one in 08. Worked great for the first 1+ year, than would stop working in the Arizona desert. Called the factory and was told they would not work above 110 degrees and to move it from the top of the engine to the passanger inside fender. Moved the compressor and got significant vibration and still cut out intermittently. Called the factory again and was told mine was only the second RAM of that year to have the problem and it must be in the RAMs on board computer. So sorry could not help. Good-by.

While I didn't have a very good experience, they are still a good unit on most trucks.

2011 Arctic Fox 29-5T 5th Wheel
2011 Silverado HD 3500 6.6L Duramax Diesel Crew Cab
Short Bed 4X4 SRW LT
50gal Transfer Flow Aux. Tank
16K Valley Hitch w/bed saver

bailer6334

Prescott, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/12 07:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It was the compressor. As relayed above this is what they told me. Don't have to worry about it anymore as I have a intergrated EB on my new Chevy. BTW, I have used the new EB thru the Eisenhowser Tunnel I-70 both towing my 12K 5er and empty and it is fantastic. Never touched the brakes either side both towing and not towing.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Thanks
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS