|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> gps route to myrtle beach

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
maznchle

north port

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/12 01:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi All, I am looking to get to myrtle beach this sat 6/23 from jackson (jersey shore they say) N,J. #32ft motorhome towing jeep liberty. The garmin has me all over the place. Is there an easy ride out there with less trafic as friday thru balt/del can be a trip. any suggestions would be appreciated. paul

PCronin68

RI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/12 02:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am heading there as well Friday night from Rhode Island. I am taking RT95 to RT287 to RT78 and down Rt81 to avoid NY, NJ, DE and DC. To get back to RT95 I am coming down RT70 to RT270 to RT495 to RT95. Exit 181A to get to US501 to Myrtle Beach. I am staying at Pirate Land for a week

2010 Passport 2910BHS w/ 2007 Yukon XL Denali

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/12 05:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IF you will be on I-95 anyway. Get off on 74 near Hamlet. Run it to 410, to 701 to 9. a very easy drive. Run 9 to 31, and depending which CG you are going to. you can take 22 to the access road for MBTP, & Apache, and never hit 17, Or take 31 all the way to 544, and the Southern campgrounds. OL, PL, and LW.

31 is a multi lane road that seems to be less traveled than most.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
04 F150, 5.4, Lariat SuperCab
Lazy Campers

dupreet

High Point, NC

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/12 02:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bass n bob wrote:

my GPS does the same thing. The route I like best is to take 95 south to 301. 301 to 501 and 501 to 544. The GPS route will still get you there but it is over smaller one lane roads which I don't prefer. As far as the Wash/Balt debackle - I always take the route down the eastern shore of maryland and go over the bay bridge tunnel. I hook up with 95 after that.

X2 on the routing in SC. Which campground are you headed to?

Todd

Todd

1993 Ford E-350 pushed by a 1988 Wilderness 24' TT

trailertraveler

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/12 05:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have never done it on a summer weekend, but the route we use from NJ is US-9S (Cape May Ferry) to DE-1S to DE-24W to US-113S to US-13S to US-17S. Much better than I-95 in my opinion, but then we are never in a hurry.

Safe travels!
Trailertraveler

bass n bob

new york state

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/12 02:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

my GPS does the same thing. The route I like best is to take 95 south to 301. 301 to 501 and 501 to 544. The GPS route will still get you there but it is over smaller one lane roads which I don't prefer. As far as the Wash/Balt debackle - I always take the route down the eastern shore of maryland and go over the bay bridge tunnel. I hook up with 95 after that.

dupreet

High Point, NC

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/12 08:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice place. We stayed there many years ago in one of their rental units. In your travels, if you get down south of Myrtle Beach proper, you might want to scope out the mega resorts Ocean Lakes, Pirateland, and Lakewood on Kings Highway.

You will definitely want to come east from the I95 corridor ending up north of Myrtle on either 22 or 9. Another option would be to take I40 down to Wilmington, stay at the KOA, and check out the NC beaches, aquarium, and USS NC battleship on your way through. Then you would hop on 17 to Myrtle.

Have a great trip!

Todd

maznchle

north port

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/12 09:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Todd, I will check out the mega resorts.We are heading down to florida to buy a home there (sold the mass home) but we are in no hurry to get into that fla humidity etc. I will look at your rte. suggestions and thanks. paul

maznchle

north port

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/12 07:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi All, Thanks for the reply's, I got some good ideas from your post's. From where i am at Butterfly rv park in Jackson it looks like trailertravelers suggestion might be my best option as i am attending a wedding here today in Sea Bright and the garden state pkwy is close by and i must make a reservatio asap. If not you guys gave me some options and i thank you all for the help as i am nervous about going around the 95 gauntlet etc. thanks Paul

maznchle

north port

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/12 08:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi dupreet, We are heading for Myrtle Beach Travel Park on 10108 kings Rd. Big Place And i don't know anything about it. will post later. thanks Paul

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> gps route to myrtle beach
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS