|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Service Comparison

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Craig P.

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/12 03:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I currently have Coach-Net roadside service and I am happy with it. I recently saw a two page ad in Motorhome Magazine, comparing the two plans. If the ad is above board, GS may offer more for the money. My membership with Coach-Net is up for renewal, so this would be the time to switch, if I indeed decide to. I won't switch however for inferior service. Any former Coach-Net members make the switch? If so, are you glad?

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the steering wheel...

2005 Providence 39J
2007 Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab Dingy
Thousand Trails & Coast to Coast Members

ronfisherman

SE Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/12 04:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I switched from Coachnet to Good Sam. Have not needed to use it yet.

2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A
TST tire pressure monitor system
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad

Super C Group Forum

othertonka

Stockton, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/12 05:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The biggest thing to read is how each policy covers tire service. Some will change your flat tire if you have a mounted spare. Some will TRY to find you a tire if you don't have a mounted spare. Some will mount a tire if you carry an unmounted tire. Of course the price of any tires they get for you will be on your dime. So read the fine print on each policy then go for the one that fits your needs. Chances are that both companies use the same service provider in some areas where you might be diabled so what is or is not covered could be the deciding factor

Othertonka
2004 Southwind 32VS 8.1 Workhorse chassis
2002 CRV Toad
U. S. Gear Unified brake system
Retired Fire Captain, SFD

kbroadnax

San Antonio

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/12 06:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had Good Sam ERS, did not like the constant renewal notices even when my policy had 4 months left. At one time they offered a discount for repeat customers but not anymore. I used Good Sam ERS once and it was fine. Have used Coachnet twice and was very pleased so I have stayed with Coachnet.

2004 F350 6.0L 4x4 Powerstroke King Ranch Diesel Dually (Have Hitch Will Tow)
2010 31ft Forest River Flagstaff 831FLSS
2001 20ft Starcraft Aurora 2009 Fish-n-Ski Deck Boat w/ 200hp Mercury

Craig P.

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/25/12 06:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the replies. This topic recently came up in the Freightliner Owner's Club Forum, and more than one GS road service member complained that GS frequently sends the wrong size tow truck (i.e. pickup-size tow truck for a DP), which results in unnecessary delays. I think I'll stick with Coach-Net.

Thanks.

Craig

PastorCharlie

NC

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/12 07:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I call Good Sam ERS tow service last month and was told there would be a three hour wait. I was in a large city when my 35' Class A stopped running, leaving me on the side of a major 4 lane highway during very hot weather.

Three hours later at 9 PM, on a Sunday night, some man knocked on my motor home door and asked if I was with Good Sam. I said yes. He said he had been sent to tell me I was "On my own" and "There would not be any tow service" and "I needed to get going because if the police should stop they would have my motor home towed to the impound lot and it would cost me $800.00 to get it out."

Two weeks after the incident, at the urging of some Good Sam friends, I called Good Sam and spoke with a supervisor who gave me Mr. Lomonis email address and I wrote Mr. Lemonis an email explaining this situation. No reply. Two days after that email I wrote a second email to Mr. Lemonis. No reply.

Today is the twenty-ninth day since my call for a tow and there has been no return phone call from the ERS people nor any return email from Mr. Lemonis to explain why I was left "On my own" when I was told initially that there would be a three hour wait and I did wait three hours....

Is Coach Net as good as the service I received from Good Sams ERS? I have the Platinum service paid up until August 2014. Would anyone recommend my renewing it for additional years or should I cancel the Good Sam ERS and demand a refund of unused monies and go with Coach Net? I would like to have the assurance that if needed I will get the service for which I pay and not be told "You are on your own."

What is recommended?

GSRoadsideAssistance

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/12 08:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I apologize that we were unable to assist you during your disablement PastorCharlie. Please send me a private messages including your Good Sam information and the phone number you would like to be contacted at and I will call you tomorrow. Thank you, Zach

GSRoadsideAssistance

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/12 10:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It was good speaking with you pastorcharlie. Thank you for the opportunity to review your service requests with you. I'm pleased that we were able to provide a resolution for your complaint. Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions or concerns in the future. Thanks again, Zach

PastorCharlie

NC

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/12 10:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

UPDATE:

As a result of sending Zach my membership information and phone number I have the pleasure of reporting that he went the second mile to mediate the difficulty I experienced with my Road Service. Considering that we humans are not perfect and neither are any of our business or organizations, the mark of quality in all of us is measured by the efforts we make to correct those errors when they do happen. Zach has restored my confidence in the Good Sam Club and the Emergency Road Service. He has made me whole.

I believe in redemption. I am satisfied the situation was due to an employee failure and not any club/company policy or intent. The situation is being addressed and corrections are being made. I will continue to recommend the service to my friends, it has served me well over the past years of my membership.

Zach, I thank you and the Good Sam Club. You are very understanding, kind and generous. I can continue enjoying my journeys knowing that you are there should misfortune once again visit me.

Again I thank you,

Pastor Charlie

Craig P.

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/12 02:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PastorCharlie,

Would you mind sharing with us what GS did to rectify the situation and what the explanation was for the blunder and subsequent non response?

Thanks.

Craig

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Service Comparison
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: