|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Please Don't Make This Mistake

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
dltwriter

Las Vegas, NV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/12 08:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the very kind and well-advised replies. They take a bit of sting out of this whole thing. I'm ready to start enjoying the RV, instead of worrying about it.

Yep, I should have eyeballed the coach myself, and was perhaps naive. I thought I was exercising due diligence, but I guess I wasn't. I guess inspectors aren't as professional as I would have wanted.

Anyway, I'm far more upset with the inspector than with the seller. While there is plenty of blame to go around, the inspector signed off on the report. As a former real estate appraiser, I know that your signature, or the misuse thereof, is critical.

I feel that if the seller makes some form of restitution, he and I can reach an accommodation. However, I plan on hounding the inspector far into the future if need be.

My niece is an attorney who has looked at this, and feels that I have an excellent casse either in a court, or with the licensing agencies.

Again, thanks to the friendly folks on the forum for the valuable advice. Hope to meet up some day on the open road. And I promise future posts will be more upbeat!

And yes, we still really like the coach!

okiejules

oklahoma city

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/12 08:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry for your trouble. If it is any cancellation - we had that exact coach - except it was a 2006 and we loved it!! Hope you can get everything fixed on it and have some great times in it!

jjjandrbaker

San Antonio, TX

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/12 09:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wonder what would happen if a couple hundred RVs pulled up and had a little "rally" at that dealership? Get some bad press for them, for sure.

Jim Baker
San Antonio, TX
travel blog and photos

GrumpyGator

Middle Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/12 09:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry for your experience. There's a reason e-bay warns of completing deals outside of e-Bay.

2012 Nexus Phantom 31P

navegator

San Diego CA.

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/12 10:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1. Contact the Department of Motor Vehicles and ask to speak to an investigator, relate the hole story, so that some action can be started on these individuals.

2. Contact the Attorney General of the State of California, again relate the story.

3. Do not bother with the BBB, they are only interested in how much money you can pay for theire ratings.

4. Depending on the County that the unit was sold, contact the Sheriff's Fraud division ( bunco divission) again relate the story

5. Also inform the State board of Equalization of California about these indivduals, maybe all of the above Government entities put two and two together and shut them down.

Contact the california highway Patrol, since you where sold a unit that is a danger on the road,

When you speak with the authorities tell them all the names of all the individuals and the names of the buisnesses that where involved.

DO NOT SPARE ANY DETAIL OR NAMES

PHOTOGRAF EVRITING AND HAVE A NEVADA DMV INVESTIGATOR LOOK AT THE UNIT

ANYTHING THAT YOU REPLACE OR HAVE FIXED RETAIN ALL PARTS, SHOULD THE AUTHOTITIES DECIDE TO PROCECUTE, YOU HAVE EVIDENCE

The more information that the authorities poses the better, to place these individuals out of busines.

It is a comon practise of some indiviuduals to open a business today as A&A, and a couple of months latter close and open as A&B. The State y Board of Equalization really has no knowledge of the various individuals when they apply.

If you take them to court, make shure that you get all the names of the different Buisnesses and of all the individuals that are associated with these enterprises.

Sorry to hear of this fraud

Hope someone mentioned above can do something

Navegator

Maddawgs

central MA

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/12 06:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry to hear of your troubles. When you find something on Ebay, stay within Ebay. I had a friend who got out bid on a large screen LCD TV. He got a email from the seller offering him a second chance. He could get the TV at his original bid if they did the transaction out side of Ebay so the seller could avoid the Ebay fees. You know he lost his money and got no TV. He contacted Ebay and they said we don't cover deals outside of our system. He got nothing but a lot of aggravation and a lighter wallet. I hope it all works out for you and you get many happy years with your RV. I would not expect much help from Ebay. At least you can contact the seller and maybe get some compensation
Todd

Todd, Shirley, and the "Maddawgs" min-pins Precious and Buster Brown
2011 Itasca Cambria 30C
2011 Demco KarKaddy 460SS
TST 507 RV TPMS
"if there is anything left when we are gone, then we miscalculated"

Larry Sanders

Sarasota, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/12 06:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hope everything works out for you.
The problem seems to be with the inspector that you hired for your protection.
If you have a contract with his company maybe you can go after him to make the coach right.
If he was paid off or blind, he shouldn't be able to do this again to someone else. When I bought my coach a couple of months ago I sent a deposit to the seller with the stipulation that after my personal inspection will the complete payment be made. Fortunately for me the seller was honest and the coach was as stated.

Larry & Jamie Sanders
2008 Born Free
27 RSB

winnietrey

seattle

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/12 09:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Could it be, dealer pulled a fast one, and the rig that was inspected was not the one you got?

kiwidancer

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/12 10:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hope this all works out for you. I don't think you should feel foolish...you trusted the inspector you hired to be honest and professional. The character faults are his, not yours.

Good luck if you decide to pursue justice!

dltwriter

Las Vegas, NV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/12 05:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have contacted the seller, and we are handling the matter in what I hope is a rational manner. The inspector is ignoring me, so I may well go right for his license.

What a nightmare!

Thanks for your help and assistance, ladies and gentlemen!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Please Don't Make This Mistake
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS