|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Replacement ac

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Bordercollie

Garden Grove, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/12 09:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good info from Rockhillmanor. We changed inside A/C grille to a "Chillgrille" which allows you to direct all cold air into the kitchen/dinette area or divert it into the ducting to cool the whole rig. We don't go camping in the hottest parts of summer here in Socal. Rather stay home with effective central A/C and insulation and window shutters, etc.

1992Mountaineer

Western Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/12 09:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just tried the dehumidifer thing, it was putting out a lot of heat, so I took it back out. We camp in the summer, kids out of school, so we go when we can. Hopefully the campsite will have a nice big tree, but i am thinking seriously of the portable unit. With my kids in and out of the rv, A/c will never keep up, and we will only really need it on those exceptional days.

Bordercollie

Garden Grove, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/12 11:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A motorhome with windshield covers, etc., seems to get smaller and smaller after you spend whole days in it trying to keep it cool. Thank heavens that it usually cools off quickly at night along the West Coast.

Bordercollie

Garden Grove, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/12 12:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'll never forget trying to sleep in 100 degree heat during the night in our 100 year old rental house in Milwaukee, WI. Sheets got soaked with sweat, we often wound up on the floor. A few movie theatres had air conditioning.

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/12 12:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bordercollie wrote:

A motorhome with windshield covers, etc., seems to get smaller and smaller after you spend whole days in it trying to keep it cool. Thank heavens that it usually cools off quickly at night along the West Coast.

Yes it sucks big time, which I quickly found out my first summer in Florida. It is almost impossible to keep the inside of a MH cool from 2:00 until 7:00. You just have to sit real still. It was one rude awakening for me what it's like staying in a MH in hot humid weather.

It is like living in a cave. And in Florida, unlike the Midwest where I am from, sadly the evening heat is the same as during the day.

Regarding the de-humidifiers. You don't buy the jumbo house ones! A small portable one from Lowes does not put out any heat, it's quiet and really helps bring the temps down inside a MH.

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us".

crawford

Dandridge Tenn.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/12 09:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would look a quick start and capacitor most often fail. It starts compressor which make system run. Remember most have sealed systems yes some leak but most don't , check condenser fans also see if working. You can find the quick start parts on e bay for around 14.00 bucks and very easy to install good luck.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Replacement ac
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS