RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: IPhone 4 has stopped downloading mail

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> IPhone 4 has stopped downloading mail

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Engineer9860

Eagle Scout dad

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/12 03:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I have an issue that I can't resolve I do the full restore through my iTunes on my home PC. This has always worked for me as a last resort. That was mostly on my iPhone 3G. Haven't had to do it since switching to the iPhone4

In Memoriam: Liberty Belle

JN_B

Calgary, Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/12 03:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you asked Siri??

(I know, it's a 4, but I couldn't resist).

2014 Ford F-150 XLT, HD Payload, Max Trailer
2010 K-Z Spree 318BHS

schneid

In the Wind

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/12 02:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting

Palehorse1

United States

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/12 12:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

catkins wrote:

All has gone well for some time. Suddenly stopped downloading my mail as of last Thursday. I have closed all programs and restarted the Iphone as I had to do once before. No luck. Any suggestions??...

Catkins, I have a suggestion for you that came up for me in the past. Does your email/internet service provider have a maximum space allowance on your email account? I ask this because by default the iPhone is set to leave a copy of the email on the mail server. If you haven't cleared that out via your home computer your email account may simply be in a holding state waiting for you to do this. If you have someone trustworthy who you can send your email password to at home, ask them to fire up your computer at home and check your email. Odds are that it will spool for quite awhile if you have been on the move for awhile. I suggest this as I ran into this issue with my primary service provider account no longer delivering me new emails that I knew were being sent to me while I was out of the country for awhile.

To keep your email account thinned out you can change these settings on your iPhone by selecting the "Settings" icon from your springboard and scrolling to "Mail, Contacts, Calendars." From there select the email account in question and scroll down to the "Advanced" tab and look in the "Incoming Settings" field. In that field will be a line that allows you to adjust these settings to match your preferences. Personally, I select "When removed from inbox" because if it's important enough to keep at home I can keep it on the iPhone until I download it at home.

Hopefully you've already sorted this out and if you haven't this will help. have fun out there and keep us posted.

Best wishes,
Palehorse1

mlts22

Austin, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/12 03:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do you sync your iPhone on a computer? As a last resort, you can sync the device, backing up everything (apps, music, photos, etc.), do a complete erase, then DFU restore the iPhone (YouTube has videos on how to do this right), which will re-flash the device, then you can reload all your stuff on it.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> IPhone 4 has stopped downloading mail
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS