RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Opinions needed please.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Opinions needed please.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/12 09:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a bit of a dilemma: I offered a part to a forum(not RV.net) member for $200. I had no need for it and he wanted it. I shipped it via the USPS, paid for Delivery Confirmation but not insurance. According to the tracking page at USPS it made it to the local post office, went out for delivery and disappeared. No Delivery Confirmation, it apparently was delivered but not the guy who paid for it as he says he hasn't received it.

Part of me says I should return his money since he says he hasn't gotten the part. But I mailed the darn thing.

I've shipped quite a few items at the Post Office and never have had a problem which is why I opted out of the insurance. If I refund the money I'm out the part and the money. I don't know the guy from Adam, just an online forum member, and I really have no idea if he actually did get the part, but says he didn't.

I need a few opinions on this subject if yawl don't mind.

TIA.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

robbins1

maine

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/25/12 09:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you paid for delivery confirmation but didn't get it, well, that's where I'd start. With the USPS.

~~~ruth~~~

Dutch_12078

Great Sacandaga Lake, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/25/12 09:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a package mailed from a vendor in Canada last winter, and Canada Post and USPS tracking showed it reaching a USPS distribution center in NJ. After two weeks of no more entries, I contacted the vendor and they reshipped my order, asking me to refuse the original shipment if should eventually show up. Three months later, it appeared at my door, where I promptly refused it. I have no idea where it was in the interim, but apparently it does happen that USPS packages go off into never, never land at times.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/12 09:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If no delivery confirmation,it wasn't delivered yet.And maybe call the post office and tell them to have their driver to look under his seat.

Other half is camping with the angels,Riding alone for now.

2008 3500 Dodge Ram CTD dually 4X4 SOLD
2007 Gulfstream Endura Max 40 SOLD
2001 Polaris Ranger 4X4 SOLD
Harley Dyna Lowrider.

Mod Pics

amandasgramma

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/12 10:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jetboater454 wrote:

If no delivery confirmation,it wasn't delivered yet.And maybe call the post office and tell them to have their driver to look under his seat.
DITTO!

wilber1

Abbotsford B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/12 10:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not familiar with your postal system but doesn't delivery confirmation mean someone should have signed for it?

"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

msmith1199

Central, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/25/12 11:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Until it's in his hands and confirmed, my position is it's your responsibility. You are the shipper and you chose not to buy insurance so that's on you. You should refund his money if the item cannot be located. I'm sure that is how a small claims court would rule.

If you bought something from Amazon and you never received it, how would you feel if Amazon said, sorry we shipped it, it's not our fault if you never received it?

2004 National Tropi-Cal T-350, Class A, Triple slide, 330 HP Cat DP.
2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/12 11:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wilber1 wrote:

Not familiar with your postal system but doesn't delivery confirmation mean someone should have signed for it?

Yes, that's exactly what it means, which is why I got it. But nobody signed for it and the Post Office says "Sorry about that."

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/12 11:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

msmith1199 wrote:

Until it's in his hands and confirmed, my position is it's your responsibility. You are the shipper and you chose not to buy insurance so that's on you. You should refund his money if the item cannot be located. I'm sure that is how a small claims court would rule.

If you bought something from Amazon and you never received it, how would you feel if Amazon said, sorry we shipped it, it's not our fault if you never received it?

Actually that has happened to me only it was UPS. The company said we shipped it, UPS took possession of it, you'll have to talk with them, our responsibility ended when UPS took possession.

msmith1199

Central, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/25/12 11:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

msmith1199 wrote:

Actually that has happened to me only it was UPS. The company said we shipped it, UPS took possession of it, you'll have to talk with them, our responsibility ended when UPS took possession.

And did UPS take responsibility? If not, then it went back to the company that shipped it. You are talking USPS and that's the government and they aren't going to pay for the item unless you bought the insurance. So I still say it's on you if they don't find it.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Opinions needed please.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS