RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Mice....still

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

 > Mice....still

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
Nalphins@charter.net

Michigan

New Member

Joined: 06/21/2009

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/25/12 11:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a mouse or something living in the walls of fifth wheel. I set two traps but I am wondering if it is stuck in walls and can't get out. I see where it trys to get out by headboard and by tv from shavings of some sort. Any ideas? Thanks!

troll3193

SouthWest, MI USA

Senior Member

Joined: 07/07/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/25/12 11:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just de-moused ours this weekend. First time we have had mice in 8 years of owning it..

I figured out that my floor is a sandwich, it has two layers of plywood with insulation and about a 2 in gap between the sheets.

They were able to get from place to place via this passage.

I found they were making their home in the floor heating duct and I used the leaf blower to clear the ducts. I wish I had a video of me blowing the remaining mouse out of the camper.

I left a pair of baited traps in, but I believe I finally got them all and also closed up where they got in.

Good luck,

Bryan


2006 RAM 3500 MegaCab w/Cummins Turbo Diesel
Mopar Exhaust Brake
2004 Dutchemen 31BK


JoeWebPage

Palisade, Colorado

Full Member

Joined: 06/04/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 06/25/12 11:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

troll3193 wrote:

I just de-moused ours this weekend. First time we have had mice in 8 years of owning it..

I figured out that my floor is a sandwich, it has two layers of plywood with insulation and about a 2 in gap between the sheets.

They were able to get from place to place via this passage.

I found they were making their home in the floor heating duct and I used the leaf blower to clear the ducts. I wish I had a video of me blowing the remaining mouse out of the camper.

I left a pair of baited traps in, but I believe I finally got them all and also closed up where they got in.

Good luck,

Bryan


ROTFL ... Yeah that would have been a video gone viral in no time!


2012 Durango 2500 325RL, Remote jacks, 5500 Onan, TST TPMS
2004 GMC Duramax, USAF retired


troll3193

SouthWest, MI USA

Senior Member

Joined: 07/07/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/25/12 01:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JoeWebPage wrote:



ROTFL ... Yeah that would have been a video gone viral in no time!


I am sure. I found that they had been in the heating duct, which runs in the floor, has four floor registers and a ducted port in the bunk room.

They had eaten a whole in the plastic cover for the ducted port.

I pulled off all the covers and started by blowing from the outside at the heater housing.

When I got inside, I blew into the ducted port first and nest material started coming up the four floor registers.. I hit the gas and all of a sudden up popped the last mouse..

I gave chase around the camper till he went back down a duct and I couldn't get him out. Took a few minutes break and went at it and popped him out again and eventually blew him out the camper door..

I first noticed the mice in January, and between then and now had killed 4 of them with normal traps. I knew I had one more for sure.

I think I got them all now, and fortunately they didn't cause any real damage... BTW, I hand cranked the electric jack and hand cranked the slide out, so I could fully inspect before putting AC or DC power to the TT..

Bryan

midnightsadie

ohio

Senior Member

Joined: 01/07/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/25/12 02:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stop at a feed mill buy a product call kab clean. the farmers use this in there $300.k tractors to keep rodents out.

troll3193

SouthWest, MI USA

Senior Member

Joined: 07/07/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/25/12 02:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

midnightsadie wrote:

stop at a feed mill buy a product call kab clean. the farmers use this in there $300.k tractors to keep rodents out.


do you have a website for that product? is it a chemical, or a device... google has failed me :-)

maniac007

South Carolina

Full Member

Joined: 03/12/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 06/25/12 03:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is the web site clicky. It is called Fresh Cab and you can get it through Ebay or Amazon.


02 F350SD 7.3 CC DRW, 06 Cougar 314EFS

cabanaman

florida

Senior Member

Joined: 07/02/2003

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 06/25/12 03:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had 1 mouse all over and in the walls,heard him in the pot and pan cabinet so set a trap there and got him in just over an hour.


Retired Navy
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab 6.7 cummins,6 speed auto,exhaust brake. Emissions removed.
2007 Open Road 378SA4S-5,equa-flex and morryde X factor,wet bolt kit,michelin ltx M/S 2 tires


john&bet

North Vernon,in.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/18/2007

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 06/26/12 08:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nalphins@charter.net wrote:

I have a mouse or something living in the walls of fifth wheel. I set two traps but I am wondering if it is stuck in walls and can't get out. I see where it trys to get out by headboard and by tv from shavings of some sort. Any ideas? Thanks!
We were just discussing this very subject this weekend at our chapter campout. The majority of the folks said dryer sheets work very well. Just put them in several places around the rig. I am headed out in a bit to put some out to see if I can get prevent them in mine. Good luck.


2004.5 Dodge 2500ctd Quadcab. Lariamie, 3.73, auto. pure stock
2005 Montana 2955 5er


Jersey Shore

Jersey Shore

Senior Member

Joined: 08/21/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/26/12 10:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DP


'06 Ford F-350 6.0 CC LB SRW
'04 Holiday Rambler 37CK Toy Hauler


This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

 > Mice....still
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS