RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Ok ...Please help a girl understand ...

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Ok ...Please help a girl understand ...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/25/12 09:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The tongue weight limit would be the killer and that small of a vehicle would not like that big box behind it.

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

APT

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/12 06:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hold on. Your LR3 can handle plenty of TTs. I'm sure you can find one for you all to enjoy. 7700 pounds is not likely to happen, though. 5000 pounds dry is good, and the shorter the better.

Check out this thread for some similar experience.

Take a look at the Lance 2185. Two bunks for the kids, front queen, deep slide for the dinette, 21' and 4300 pounds.
Also, the Funfinder 262BHS is larger, but about the most I'd recommend for you.

A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2012 VW Passat TDI

thedon42

home

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/12 07:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I found a 2013 Keystone Passport that is similiar to the Lance.It is 23 feet long and 4365 lbs. That should be well within our trucks capabilities ......Anyone have any experience with this manufacturer ?

eric james

Sioux Falls, SD

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/12 07:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thedon42 wrote:

I found a 2013 Keystone Passport that is similiar to the Lance.It is 23 feet long and 4365 lbs. That should be well within our trucks capabilities ......Anyone have any experience with this manufacturer ?

Passports have become very popular on this board recently. I've been very impressed with my 2009 model. Their dry weights are pretty dead on.

Is it the 2300BH? those 23' and 4365lb numbers looks like a good match. Very good use of floorplan. The U-shaped dinette and deep slide is a very good option.

You should get clarification on your Rovers's tongue weight capacity before moving forward.

2009 Keystone Passport UL 290BH
2003 Ford Expedition EB 5.4L/3.73

thedon42

home

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/12 08:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are actually going to call the dealership today to check the tongue weight. The discrepancy is between the manual and other printed info. It is very confusing !!

And yes its the 2300 model . I love the floorplan! It is very similiar to the Tracer that I looked at minus 3 feet and 800 lbs ....

eric james

Sioux Falls, SD

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/12 09:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thedon42 wrote:

We are actually going to call the dealership today to check the tongue weight. The discrepancy is between the manual and other printed info. It is very confusing !!

And yes its the 2300 model . I love the floorplan! It is very similiar to the Tracer that I looked at minus 3 feet and 800 lbs ....

I did do a little armchair research on the '06 LR3. Seems the 550 lbs is correct. The owner's manual also states not to use a weight distribution hitch. Seems on LR3 owner's forums they are using weight distribution hitches. Tough call, some say it's because of the air suspension. Well doesn't seem to be an issue with all the other air suspension SUVs on this forum. It's about using the WD hitch correctly with air suspension.

With that Passport you're probably goint to be 600-700 lbs of tongue weight.

Stephensx04

Elgin, IL

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/12 09:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The LR3 is a small SUV. Similar in size to a jeep liberty. I wouldn't want to tow something over 5000lbs or any length over 20 ft with that. Wheel base is very short. You can certainly find a TT that it will tow just have to keep looking.

JT19

So. Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/12 10:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you can, call the a LR dealer and give them your VIN # and ask what specs are in the system for your vehicle. I have an 03 F150 SC 4x4, the book says my MAX tow is 7600. But when I talked to the Ford dealer I bought the truck from, and they entered my VIN, etc, I found out that I actually have the MAX tow package, etc.. and have an 8k MAX tow, and my CGW is actually a few hundred higher than the book says.

I'm towing a 2012 Keystone Premier 31bhps which is 35 1/2' overall, dry weight around 6400lbs, GW around 7600. Loaded, we are probably around 73-7400lbs. A lot of trailer, now granted, I'm not running 70 up the mountains, but for our normal commutes where we have been so far, I have made out just fine. I just get in the right lane and cruise at speeds I am 110% comfortable at. Normally 60-65mph, and I (knock on wood) haven't encountered a problem yet. Granted, in the next year or 2 I would like to upgrade my TV just because I know down the road a newer bigger camper (toy hauler probably) is somewhere in the future.

APT

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/12 11:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

113' WB is not that short, not compared to Tahoe for example. Grand Cherokee sized, not Liberty.

Stephensx04

Elgin, IL

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/12 12:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

APT wrote:

113' WB is not that short, not compared to Tahoe for example. Grand Cherokee sized, not Liberty.

Thank you I stand corrected. I did a brief search on specs but couldn't find that. I have passed one in my Tahoe and they just seem small to me.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Ok ...Please help a girl understand ...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS