|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> 2001 Keystone Cabana model #1975 w/4KW gen = $3,500

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
skimask

ND

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/12 09:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been storing this TT in my yard for a couple for the past year, used it twice myself, had friends stay in it a couple times...

It's a 2001 Keystone Cabana model #1975, with a "portable" (e.g. luggable) 4-KW generator, and the couple said they'd sell the whole thing to ME for $3,500 (when it gets advertised in the local paper, it'll start at $5,000).

Everything in the trailer works as far as appliances go...heater, fridge, stove, hot water, pumps, A/C, windows, etc.

The bathroom vent/fan needs to be replaced (cracked cover, $100???), and the main entry door grab handle is broken (cost???, can't be too much I would think).
It's got a front facing canvas "slide out" (doesn't leak, no tears in the canvas), a single true deep cycle battery (2 years old), twin propane tanks, fresh/gray/black water tank indicators (work great now that I've cleaned out the tanks with ice cubes!), overhead A/C, sinks, stove, fridge/freezer (3 way), microwave, bathroom/shower, etc.etc.etc. and it'll come with a 4KW generator that I could mount on the tongue if I got crafty (and move the battery somewhere else).

Tires are in great shape, evenly worn, 4 years old (0908 date code), and will probably get replaced in a couple of years regardless.

Now...the roof. There aren't any leaks in the trailer that I can tell...and I've been thru the "Leak Detecting School of Hard Knocks" with my last project ('76 Dodge Class C), so I think I've got a pretty good idea of what to look for.
The roof is rubber (I think), looks like it hasn't been cleaned/scrubbed in quite some time, feels relatively solid, although I can lift the membrane itself a little bit it in spots around the edges.
The sealant on the roof around the corners/edges/AC/fridge-vent/etc is hard, but not rock hard. I can still press my fingernail into it and leave an impression. Probably could stand to be scraped up and replaced eventually.

Should I even attempt to clean the roof before I buy it? Try just a little bit to make it leak?
Should I run...don't walk...away from the deal?
I've got until July 3rd to decide...and as far as that goes, I've got until they find another buyer to decide 'cause I know as soon as I flash that $3,500 check in front of them, they'll grab it and go!

Stp_1985

Dilley

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/12 11:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Id recommend a full pdi. It needs to be all checked because some repairs can be pretty costly. Most likely it is a rubber roof and look for cracking near seams and what not. 3,500 not bad but just need to make sure your ot getting screwed
.rvia/rvda certified rv tech
Www.scrussandsmithrv.com

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/12 11:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2001 with standard equipment......$1100-1400

Options might bring it up to $2000

NADA RV

You be the judge......

2007 RAM 3500 QC LB SRW 5.9L CTD 48re 4:10 4K in bed 'quiet genny'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
Hit the Road Debt Free & Clear April '07
Came off the road still Debt Free & Clear Jan. '14

skimask

ND

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/12 11:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old-Biscuit wrote:

NADA RV

You be the judge......

How 'bout that? I had no idea NADA did RV's like that.
Thanks for the info. I came up with $2,000-$2,500 with the options/accessories this one will come with, but that would all assume a good roof.
Think I'll tell 'em $1,500 without a new roof or $2,500 (maybe even 3) with a new roof.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/12 06:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old-Biscuit wrote:

NADA RV

You be the judge......
NADA is worthless for older TT. Try to buy one for that. I sold a 99 for 4900 in less then a day. Look on the Internet to see what that model is selling for.

slammmed

Boca Raton

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/12 07:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

colliehauler wrote:

Old-Biscuit wrote:

NADA RV

You be the judge......
NADA is worthless for older TT. Try to buy one for that. I sold a 99 for 4900 in less then a day. Look on the Internet to see what that model is selling for.

agreed. NADA had my popup at like $1200, I posted it on craigslist for $1600 and got two offers for immediate purchase within an hour. People were emailing me for two days trying to buy it. Turns out the person flipped it for $2800 and other popups were selling for $3-4k in my area.

boosTT

Milwaukee

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/12 07:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Agreed. Nada is useless. Seams like a good deal to me, as long as the roof is mostly solid and leak free.

Thsldo

Massachusetts

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/12 07:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As others have said, NADA is useless..Check out the Hybrid section on the forums, ask around for any "typical" issues. I have a coachmen which is very similar to the cabana. i purchased mine a year ago for 4500, including hitch and blue tote. Here in Mass, it was a great deal.

Tom & Steph and 4 munchkins
2001 Coachmen Cadet Hybrid
2011 Dodge Durango 5.7

skimask

ND

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/12 07:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The roof is solid/leak-free...for now.
Like I said, I've had it here since last July, thru the rain, snow, used it twice myself, etc, and I can't find any water intrusion...doesn't mean there is NOT any water leakage, but I can't find any evidence of it.

And, yes, agreed, NADA is pretty much useless all the way around. Doesn't hurt for a starting point though...

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/12 06:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

colliehauler wrote:

Old-Biscuit wrote:

NADA RV

You be the judge......

X50 You can't use NADA for use trailer guides. Each area of the country is different. You have to look around in your area to see what similar Trailers are bringing. In my area the price seems fair enough but, like I said each area of the country is different.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> 2001 Keystone Cabana model #1975 w/4KW gen = $3,500
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS