RV.Net Open Roads Forum: '06 Sprinter? Or '07 Sprinter?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> '06 Sprinter? Or '07 Sprinter?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
My Roadtrek

Tucson, AZ.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/12 01:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you want info about the View, which is a Class C, you should post in the Class C forum. There are several owners over there, and most may never see this thread.

Merry

New York

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/12 01:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you for your reply. I am really interested in a B, the View is just what I seem to be finding the most of. I am also mostly interested in the Sprinter, and '06 and '07 info would apply to both, and be the same. Thanks again!

My Roadtrek

Tucson, AZ.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/12 03:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The engine, and drive train are the same, but the View is built on a cut-away chassis, has dual rear wheels, has different handling characteristics, and only gets 2 or 3 mpg better than a Chevy, or Ford Class B. Yes, they are both Sprinters, but very different RV's,

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/12 03:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For a used Roadtrek check here -
http://www.roadtrekchapter.org/roadtreksforsale.htm

Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

Merry

New York

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/12 08:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the link. I'll see if I can find a B that's just right for us on that site

dixied

Mississippi & Montana

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/12 03:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Merry wrote:

Thank you for your reply. I am really interested in a B, the View is just what I seem to be finding the most of. I am also mostly interested in the Sprinter, and '06 and '07 info would apply to both, and be the same. Thanks again!

I had an '07 Roadtrek built on an '06 chassis. Got 23mpg and loved it until the resonator went out twice. I traded it for a '11 View with the corner bed, dual wheels, lots storage, etc. I hated the way the View drove and the fact I could not use it for a second vehicle and park it where I wanted like I could the Roadtrek. After trying to sell it for 6 months or so, I took a loss and traded it for another Roadtrek. I love it! So glad to be back in a B! Point being--drive both types before you decide.

Dixie and the Goldendoodles, Nikkibear and Gus
2012 Roadtrek SS Agile

kendall69

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/12 10:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

I had an '07 Roadtrek built on an '06 chassis. Got 23mpg and loved it until the resonator went out twice. I traded it for a '11 View with the corner bed, dual wheels, lots storage, etc. I hated the way the View drove and the fact I could not use it for a second vehicle and park it where I wanted like I could the Roadtrek. After trying to sell it for 6 months or so, I took a loss and traded it for another Roadtrek. I love it! So glad to be back in a B! Point being--drive both types before you decide.

See this is why we are all here. You can't buy this kind of feed back.

The one line " and the fact I could not use it for a second vehicle and park it where I wanted " says it all.

There is so much to be said about size.

Owned (1) Class A (2) class C (1) truck camper looking at a Class (B)

Merry

New York

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/12 01:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Exactly! Thank you all so much. I can read all day long, but it's experience that is really the teacher

AsheGuy

Raleigh, North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/12 08:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Merry wrote:

Exactly! Thank you all so much. I can read all day long, but it's experience that is really the teacher
Our blog (signature) documents all our experience (except 1st year) with our '04 Sprinter/'05 conversion LTV now with over 100K miles on it. If you really like to "read all day long" you might be interested.

We have had two resonator failures but they were an inconvenience and not a disaster. The first was in Nova Scotia at the end of a Maratimes trip and we made it to Boston for repair. We carry a spare now thanks to a generous RV.net reader. Haven't gone for the metal replacement but with a spare it will never go out again.

Good luck in your search, we love our B.

David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

topless

Wichita, KS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/12 07:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My van is built on an early 2004 chassis and I bought the metal replacement resonator to prevent a problem. I went to install it and Found out my van never had one. So those of you keeping the plastic pos resonator because it is original, throw it it as far as you can and replace it once with the metal one and forget about it. it does nothing but quiet the intake air, and even that is not noticeable enough to get stuck in limp mode.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> '06 Sprinter? Or '07 Sprinter?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS